• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Vhalyar said:
Starting to look for a nice leather jacket for the winter...

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/KfArr.jpg[/IMG]

Yay or nay?

Nay. Unless you want to look as old as that guy.

Ermac said:
re: dress shirts, I prefer to stick to white and blues primarily, not really a fan of other colors. T he fit on the red is good though.. but yeah ditch those ties.
I'm pretty much monochrome with my dress shirts (and closet in general), but I have a super-yellow mcqueen shirt and one of those cheetah gitman's just to go crazy with once and awhile.

Brown Leather Jacket:

2C5LF0PB_lg.jpg

http://www.orvis.com/store/product....rod_feeds*Prod_feeds*12082&CAWELAID=611315488

bob page said:

Linked the same one twice, bro.

Dr. Feel Good said:
Can someone give me links to examples of good matching ties for both of those shirts then??
with my yellow shirt i have a black/silver stripe tie that looks pretty good. Red; maybe some kind of petrol blue or medium charcoal. Avoid solid black.

fat pat

What are your guys thoughts on casual/regular wear shoes with jeans with a black shirt/sweater. What colors or styles do you think?

Zilch

Banned
fat pat said:
What are your guys thoughts on casual/regular wear shoes with jeans with a black shirt/sweater. What colors or styles do you think?

white Common Projects like Ermac posted last page.

Clae makes a good looking cheap pair too.

fat pat said:
casual as in sneakers or stuff like clarks and etc? it's a pretty safe combo really and hard to look badly in. Just do what feels good, but the nicer your shoes (aesthetically and quality, not in terms of formality) the better it will look.

zilch you should have posted the covered zip version :p I kind of want some Plohkov outerwear but fuck me at the prices...

Zilch

Banned
i love Margiela leather anything. one can dream, right?

Here's a nonnative leather jacket that is somehow more expensive than the MMM one:
kS6V2l.jpg

hah, we had this convo in the old thread; those japanese labels are all about wallet decimation.

there is a good run of margiela on yoox atm, no particularly nice leathers though.

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
Nonnative jacket is nice. I really want a new leather jacket for the fall, so I think I'll just go the TOJ route and get maybe a minimal double rider. I've been trying to snag a good pair of black boots-- I missed out on an ebay auction earlier for a pair of Geller boots that ended up going for the absurdly low price of $147. I'm so fucking bummed.

LordCanti

Vhalyar said:
Starting to look for a nice leather jacket for the winter...

KfArr.jpg

Yay or nay?

If that liner is removable, I say yay. If not, nay sir.

latinlikeaviolin said:
I saw something about Nordic prints earlier this thread, and I just remembered. Workwear linked it a long time ago and I just forgot about it then. GAF, would you cop?

Right yes, not sure what I'd pair the left one with.

Visceir

I quite like this Band Of Outsiders leather jacket:
bandofoutsiders-leather-harrington-jacket-1.jpg

Or well, the color atleast. Maybe someone knows to recommend similar ones with maybe some minor small differences but same color?

me today:
DSC_07232.jpg

I recommand temple of jawns if your looking for a leather jacket @ ~700$
S2A or BoO as Visceir was recommanding.
Rick owens leathers are THE shit but > 2000 $

But consider ToJ they have some really awesome products.

Jake.

dismalfuture on sufu has two of those margiela leathers - real nice. i don't have experience with his jackets since i don't trust measuring myself, but the wallet i got from him (first day of TOJ on sufu, actually) is still amazing.

i was saving for a julius leather (2kish) but my wardrobe is changing too much - i have started to wear less and less in that aesthetic (my daily wardrobe for some time was black claude maus jeans + black cp achilles or DBSS hi-tops + black tee or coat) and more looser, casual items (spring at the moment, so norse chinos + new balance 574's + white tee or blue oxford). lots more colour. i guess i am doing the reverse of what most people do, and realistically i came to the realization that unless i get supremely lucky i will never be able to afford CCP, MA+ etc anytime soon.

Yeah I'm looking at a 4zip toj moto or maybe a minimal rider. Black either way. I do like a lot of the fashion leathers out there but the majority of them are rumpled/etc which is not something I am into for the most part.

My style hasn't changed in 10 years, just what I can buy. I doubt it ever will tbh... I've tried some gothy and drapey shits and it just wasn't me.

OG Kush

Can anyone recommend me any good and affordable smart-casual shoes? As shoes that will look good with jeans and a tee but if I wanted to rock a nice shirt it would be a fine as well. Basically shoes that would would work in a club but also any day wear.
Was thinking these looked alright:
puma-drift-cat-3-chaussures.jpg

pisa2

Also Clae shoes? How are they for the type I'm looking for?
Recomondations please!
thanks

my general advice is to skip shoes that look like you can run/exercise in. clae is pretty good for the price (not sure your $ limit), but also look at creative recreation. I'm sure other people probably have some suggestions too.

Doytch

Had to get in early today to kick off a build (have to get my run in after work =\ ), but at least my leathers match! Camera cut off my head =(
kTqsD.png

BTW, thank god for Euro H&M polos. Whenever I go back to Czech Rep (or anywhere in Europe, I guess) I get some cause they're the only ones that seem to fit and they're a steal at 10 euros.

Visceir

macuser1of5 said:
Going by what you're wearing, looks like it will fit right in.

Tried on a blue jeans-jacket while visiting a friend at a store and I really liked how it matched with the rest of that outfit...unfortunately it was too wide and far too expensive for what it was :l

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
macuser1of5 said:
My style hasn't changed in 10 years, just what I can buy. I doubt it ever will tbh... I've tried some gothy and drapey shits and it just wasn't me.
Yeah, I tried to get into some Rick, Silent, and all of that, but I decided that it wasn't me. The Silent tees are pretty nice though if you catch a sale.

I grabbed one of the black flannel shirts from Aloha Rag's house brand last week on deep discount. It's surprisingly nice, but holy shit the sleeves are cut SLIM. I'm by no means swoll, but a medium in their brand is pretty damn tight on my arms. I'm feeling more apathetic all the time though, and at this point I just want to wear lazy uniform of leathers, tees, jeans and boots/sneakers. My TOJ1 varsity should be here within the next week or two, so I'm pumped for that.

And Doytch, size up on that polo. Shit looks shrink-wrapped.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
two things:

1) anyone got any tips for a clean, slim varsity jacket? i'm thinking like $200-$300 preferably

2) would anyone be interested in size small band of outsiders short sleeve button downs? i never wear em anymore and i'd let them go for cheap / trade for random shit

entremet

Ermac said:
re: dress shirts, I prefer to stick to white and blues primarily, not really a fan of other colors. T he fit on the red is good though.. but yeah ditch those ties.
Yep.

Can't go wrong with white and blues. You can then start mixing in patterned--ginghams, plaids, etc.

Dr. Strangelove said:
Yeah, I tried to get into some Rick, Silent, and all of that, but I decided that it wasn't me. The Silent tees are pretty nice though if you catch a sale.
Yeah I cut my teeth on Helmut Lang and late 90s/2000s minimalism when I was a late teen so that is more or less where I am aesthetically. Add a bit of Washington grunge and flannel and you have my entire closet summed up.

jon bones said:
two things:

1) anyone got any tips for a clean, slim varsity jacket? i'm thinking like $200-$300 preferably
I REALLY like what TOJ did with their latest varsity; $360, even has a reversible camo or ripstop lining, which you can kind of see:
oRJCM.jpg

http://templeofjawnz.com/?page_id=784

Ermac

Holy shit I had no idea it was that affordable. Will def cop one. Love the camo

Will be doing the same next month, that price is just too good. Not sure what I'll do, probably brown/brown or navy/cream. Not into camo (I'm surrounded by it) so I'll just go solid reverse.

Stuck

macuser1of5 said:
Will be doing the same next month, that price is just too good. Not sure what I'll do, probably brown/brown or navy/cream. Not into camo (I'm surrounded by it) so I'll just go solid reverse.

I'm going brown/brown, but I'm still indecisive on the camo vs solid reverse. I believe the first run just shipped, so I'll wait for the fit pics to trickle out.

Yeah I'm not sure what color the browns are, kind of hoping for a dark choco brown sleeve and a slightly lighter wool. Hopefully someone ordered that so I can see haha.

Alucrid

Banned
macuser1of5 said:
Yeah I cut my teeth on Helmut Lang and late 90s/2000s minimalism when I was a late teen so that is more or less where I am aesthetically. Add a bit of Washington grunge and flannel and you have my entire closet summed up.

I REALLY like what TOJ did with their latest varsity; $360, even has a reversible camo or ripstop lining, which you can kind of see:
http://i.imgur.com/oRJCM.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://templeofjawnz.com/?page_id=784[/url][/QUOTE]

Something by TOJ I can afford? Mein Gott. Might go Grey...dunno yet.

Ermac

I'm going all black outside with Camo 3. Just enough sprezz to make people look twice when they see the inside of your jacket.

tiger-camo.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
Stuck said:
Winter coats are coming out soon too if you want to wait for more options.

That would actually be a good idea. I need something that fits over a suit since my CG parka won't.

Desi

Still upset that the colored varsities don't get the digicamo lining. Total BS. Still want a few of the older TOJ pieces in 44 though; Varsity with reversible MA-1, double rider with belt (original), blah blah blah.

Doytch

Re:comments, yeah I like my polos fitted. It's got more give around the stomach since it's not totally a V-shaped, sold-as-fitted polo, but I think polos are a piece that you can use to show off a bit.

Anyway, no pics (hungover and early work again), but I'm doing this good-ass lavender/eggplant tie with a white shirt (top button unbuttoned, sleeves folded just past the wrist), graham Bonobos and desert boots (again!) today. Going for that 60's archaeologist look.

Jake.

keep in mind, most TOJ shit is cut slim (ESPECIALLY the new varsity that winq is wearing), and to an extent is aimed at skinnier/shorter du's. if you are overweight or 6'5 shit isn't gonna work out for you - drew has even said this himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom