• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
These aren't jeans but perhaps the fit is right? His shirt seems a bit snug though.

tumblr_m6snmth2bP1rnmyalo1_500.jpg
He needs to tuck his damn shirt in.

Boken

Banned
He's being casual man. Gotta let loose.
By unbuttoning the bottom button, it just makes his shirt tails look reaaaally long (long shirt tails = tuck). The length of the shirt is pretty close to "gotta tuck" zone. But yeah, that illusory long shirt tail makes it look like it needs to be tucked. I'd advise against doing this (the crazy last button).
i don't really like those shoes
Yeah they're kinda weird to me. I think the really large looking heel (effect of contrast between the blue and brown) and the short front makes it look quite feminine?

Normally, I'd agree, but the length of the shirt appears to be short enough to where it could be worn casually untucked. Personally, I don't think it looks wrong.
That damn last button is driving me nuts! What is this, a blazer?

He needs to tuck his damn shirt in.
Normally, I'd agree, but the length of the shirt appears to be short enough to where it could be worn casually untucked. Personally, I don't think it looks wrong.

EDIT:
Agree with you on the bottom button creating an illusion of a longer shirt. I still think it doesn't look too long though.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Fashiongaf

What's with t-shirts being too fucking long? Draping over your crotch and shit, where can I get t-shirts that run near the hip area?

Did I buy them a size too big?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
But then when you raise your hands your belly will show.

I honestly didn't mean near hips, you are right lol...

Some t-shirts fit fine up there but run a bit past my crotch which makes it annoying as fuck because it looks like a mini dress or some shit lol.. I don't want to tuck that shit all the time.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
How tall are you and where are you getting shirts?

5'8"

And amazon.com

LOL

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OWJ1UA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

These shirts are nice though... Will try ordering down.
"Im 160lbs @ 5'9", lift weights 5x a week, athletic build. These shirts are exactly what i wanted. tight sleeves, good quality and long enough so after it shrinks its still has plenty of room to tuck in. So if you are a slim to muscular build and looking for a shirt to show it off then look no further. I bought 15 so far and im about to purchase 15 more just in case they start charging what the t-shirt is worth! "

From a review, see they are fucking long lol..

Ok im in my early 30's so there is a great chance I am just out of touch./disclaimer so plz dont kill me.

I'm in my early 30's too, and all the styles here make prefect sense. I don't dress in most of it because I can't pull them off, but it's hardly weird. You can't use age as an excuse this time. :p Especially since you're still young and at a fine age for everything posted here.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Oh

Just go to target and get either basic merona or those mossimo tees. Simple, no fuss.

I need a fucking wardrobe.. It's non-existent bro.

I need fashiongaf to beat me the fuck up and get me in order.

Medium.

I washed most of them, I'll see if I take a pic now they probably shrunk a bit.. Maybe they are better now.

Nordstrom is having a huge pre-season sale this week, I have no clue want to look for. I'm thinking another pair of shoes and maybe a light coat?

I need a fucking wardrobe.. It's non-existent bro.

I need fashiongaf to beat me the fuck up and get me in order.

Medium.

I washed most of them, I'll see if I take a pic now they probably shrunk a bit.. Maybe they are better now.
There is a pic of me like 5 pages back wearing mossimo medium to give you an idea.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
5'8''

You could totally fit a small if you have an average build.

Yep, just checked... Still way too god damned long.. I'm 150 pounds too so it shouldn't be a problem to fit in them..

The bottom area length is just too damn long for keeping un-tucked.

Violater

I'm in my early 30's too, and all the styles here make prefect sense. I don't dress in most of it because I can't pull them off, but it's hardly weird. You can't use age as an excuse this time. :p Especially since you're still young and at a fine age for everything posted here.

These aren't jeans but perhaps the fit is right? His shirt seems a bit snug though.

tumblr_m6snmth2bP1rnmyalo1_500.jpg

Even these blue suede shoes?
lol

For me the shirt is fine, is it too long maybe but it in no where near comes close to how terrible those shoes are and the foot of those pants fitting too close and short, But I get it, its a look that's just not for me :)

Nordstrom is having a huge pre-season sale this week, I have no clue want to look for. I'm thinking another pair of shoes and maybe a light coat?
Well , before you buy shit you end up not wearing (we've all done it), what kinds of things do you like, and in what colors? Build a list of yes/nos for said things to help you quickly filter though the mass of racks.

Example: I want a pair of casual pants in light grey or blue with a slight taper, but I don't want pleats, cuffs, embellishments, or a notieable weave, etc. this way you can skip shit without second guessing or aimlessly wandering with a terrified confused look in your face :p

Alucrid

Banned
Well , before you buy shit you end up not wearing (we've all done it), what kinds of things do you like, and in what colors? Build a list of yes/nos for said things to help you quickly filter though the mass of racks.

Example: I want a pair of casual pants in light grey or blue with a slight taper, but I don't want pleats, cuffs, embellishments, or a notieable weave, etc. this way you can skip shit without second guessing or aimlessly wandering with a terrified confused look in your face :p

I've been in the process of selling a lot of pieces of clothing I haven't worn in a while actually, so think long and hard :p

Boken

Banned
Example: I want a pair of Allen Edmond's strand shoes.

TBH, those blue suede shoes wouldn't look so bad if he tucked his shirt in and had a navy blazer.

Are baseball jackets still in? I dont have anything to wear with my Red Wing boots.

Yep, just checked... Still way too god damned long.. I'm 150 pounds too so it shouldn't be a problem to fit in them..

The bottom area length is just too damn long for keeping un-tucked.

Have you looked into US Blanks? I'm 5'9 and their tees reach just above my crotch and have an all around great fit. Only problem is I'm having trouble finding them now.

Even these blue suede shoes?
lol

Lol No. Generally the styles makes sense, but yeah, those shoes are bad.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Have you looked into US Blanks? I'm 5'9 and their tees reach just above my crotch and have an all around great fit. Only problem is I'm having trouble finding them now.

Lol No. Generally the styles makes sense, but yeah, those does are bad.

That would be perfect.

Boken

Banned
Basically you like to dress smart and classic. That's how I swing.

And man, dot tie and stripes is so dapper. Gonna have to buy a dotted tie.

I am however, not a fan of tie bars. Weird shiny thing in the middle of my chest? My tie should be getting the attention thanks.

Violater

I am however, not a fan of tie bars. Weird shiny thing in the middle of my chest? My tie should be getting the attention thanks.

If only it wasn't so damn expensive to do so.

I think that's how we all swing. I guess I'm a little bit more hipster sometimes but why is the first thing in the OP that professor badass guy? Do any of us even care about him or want to dress like him? It sends the wrong message to people who see this thread.

Alucrid

Banned
I think that's how we all swing. I guess I'm a little bit more hipster sometimes but why is the first thing in the OP that professor badass guy? Do any of us even care about him or want to dress like him? It sends the wrong message to people who see this thread.
I am professor badass

Looking at some of the earlier pages, Some looks I wisj I could pull off

Which is why I am subscribing to this thread and the fitness one. At 5'9 175 I need to drop like 10 lbs
A lot of those looks you posted really aren't that difficult to emulate.

Seems like you like khaki and light blue (which is a great, classic color combo). Those are two colors that are very easy to find and generally available with affordable brands, particularly at this time of year. Just keep an eye on how your clothes fit, that's the key to making those outfits look the way they do.

Also, continue with your weight loss. It goes without saying but obviously that's going to make your outfits look even better, not to mention the confidence boost you'll receive (which sometimes is all it takes).

Pindot ties + plaid shirts are one of my go-to combos. I always get compliments when I wear those together.

I like tie bars, but I think more so for the actual purpose they serve, and less the look. I hate it when my tie flops around.

overcast

I recently grabbed some tan pants on a whim. Love them to death. Fit slim, work with many different shirts. Never thought I would be this into style (and trying to be stylish) in high school. Pretty damn fun.

I saw some maroon dress type pants, things were beautiful. Too expensive though. Been looking for cheaper options. Any?

Violater

A lot of those looks you posted really aren't that difficult to emulate.

Seems like you like khaki and light blue (which is a great, classic color combo). Those are two colors that are very easy to find and generally available with affordable brands, particularly at this time of year. Just keep an eye on how your clothes fit, that's the key to making those outfits look the way they do.

Also, continue with your weight loss. It goes without saying but obviously that's going to make your outfits look even better, not to mention the confidence boost you'll receive (which sometimes is all it takes).

Pindot ties + plaid shirts are one of my go-to combos. I always get compliments when I wear those together.

I like tie bars, but I think more so for the actual purpose they serve, and less the look. I hate it when my tie flops around.

Sounds all good.
What about clothing care.
I generally just sort by color etc. and throw stuff in the wash.
If I were to start buying stuff I really like that are moderately pricey I may want to rethink that. What do you guys usually do?

if i had thick hair, i'd immediately get it cut like that.

Yeah my hair isn't getting any thicker these days, and at a young age too. I don't know how much longer I can pull of some of these more lavish styles.

If you see a skilled stylist though they can always help you get the most of what you got. Or you can always cut it yourself, I saw a guy at the gym yesterday with the haircut of my dreams...it was like a work of art. I asked him where he got it cut and he says he does it himself. It seemed nuts at first but who knows your hair and your head better than yourself right?

Zilch

Banned
Those blue suede shoes are sick, yall trippin.

99% of NeoGAF "fashionistas" are afraid of anything remotely interesting looking. Shame.

Nah, they shoot higher than the rest of what he is wearing my a large margin. Like wearing a French cuff shirt with shorts (though not quite that bad). Blue oxfords or loafers in a more casual fabric or shape would look better.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Someone posted the location of the hoodie the Biologist is wearing in Prometheus, can you post again? If it's not a US site, anyone find those in the US?

This:
XhRz9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom