• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sruckus

Do any of you guys wear any bracelets at all? Where do you find some decent ones? I kind of like the Nialaya stuff I saw for the style, but are crazy expensive IMO. Apparently they're just for celebs!

Alucrid

Banned
I have those exact same Sperry's and I bet I bought them from the exact same guy in the Journey's in Ames. Enjoy them, man. I get a lot of compliments on them. :)

Anyway, I'm moving in with two girls and I need some lounge around the house stuff to look good in when some of their friends that I don't know hang out on lazy Sundays. First thing I'm looking for is some nice boxers and sweat pants. I know that's not an oxymoron so help me GAF! Bonus points for a nice hoodie and maybe some stylish t's.

Dare me?

Get some Rick Owens Lounge Pants and pair it with a Silent T.

On a serious note, maybe Isaora sweats

Do any of you guys wear any bracelets at all? Where do you find some decent ones? I kind of like the Nialaya stuff I saw for the style, but are crazy expensive IMO. Apparently they're just for celebs!
I don't have any jewelry at all, save a wedding ring I don't wear (it got bent so I need to tweak it, I swear!).

I pass my no body accessories thing off as minimalism but it's just laziness really.

Oh and the only sweats worth discussing are the $2k brunello cucinelli cashmere or the angora hermes ones. Start saving!

Where in the world could someone possibly wear this?

iEFfhnHKaiARj.jpg

remz

Planning on getting these now that fall is coming. Any thoughts?

If you're not a fan of the hood it looks like it, along with the gray fake hoodie lining on the inside, can be removed/unzipped. I'm not sure though. You could always just tuck it in

I saw this the other day and remembered you were looking for an all black one, but I forgot to post it for you.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=25092933&parentid=BRANDS#004

Check the second color option. It has a lot of grey in it though, but still some black. Hopefully it's close enough.
While it does have some elements of what I'm looking for, I'm not really in the market for a varsity jacket. I will say, it's actually surprisingly decent for just a stock Urban Outfitter jacket. The polyurethane sleeves kind of kill it though.

Regardless, thanks for the recommendation man!

That red leather jacket would be badass without the hood insert. I'd love to own a red leather jacket someday.

That red leather jacket would be badass without the hood insert. I'd love to own a red leather jacket someday.

Why someday? It's all about living in the now.

Where's that Chambray shirt from? I need that.

http://www.asos.com/Plectrum-by-Ben...-Fleck-Shirt/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1997515

I don't know if it's the model or if they just put the wrong size on him but the fit looks awful for a lanky guy like me.

Alternatively, http://www.asos.com/Minimum/Minimum...&sh=0&pge=3&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Light+blue

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I have those exact same Sperry's and I bet I bought them from the exact same guy in the Journey's in Ames. Enjoy them, man. I get a lot of compliments on them. :)

Ha, actually I ordered these online. Found them on business in Texas but they didn't have my size. Didn't realize Journey's had them.

Still not sure what to wear them with color-wise. They look great with jeans though.

barrin87

First timer in this thread and wanted to see if I could maybe get some advise.

I am needing a new pair of shoes since all my pairs are too old so now I am just down to my Asics running shoes and my brown leather Oxfords. I want to get a nice pair of shoes that are more of a tennis shoe but I want them to be versatile enough where I would be able to wear them from jeans to shorts. Any good ideas on where to look? I haven't had to buy a regular pair of shoes in a long time.

If it helps, my dress is just average. I am usually just wearing jeans/shorts with a t-shirt and maybe a polo.

I have that red jacket! It's very nice, though if you've read any reviews they mention a squeaky sound on certain movements which I do have to say is present. The hood looks far less offensive and has actually grown on me in person.

Swig_

Where would one find some reasonably priced Henleys and baseball shirts? For Henleys, something like Nathan Drake wears is what I'm looking for. Just simple, no logos..

DreD

Those sneakers look so hot, me want!

clae-2012-hamilton-1.jpg

Also, I'm considering getting this jacket from asos, but I've heard some pretty bad things in terms of duty charges on orders shipped to Canada. Can any fellow canadian gaffer can comment on that?

image1xl.jpg

Yoshiya

Sl5uu.jpg

Found those same shoes on sale as a tan leather boot, and lost the battle with my better financial sense. I'm a uni student so (I think) I can get away with things like this. It's been a long time since I bought shoes so I don't feel so bad splashing out a little.

Alucrid

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/Sl5uu.jpg[IMG]

Found those same shoes on sale as a tan leather boot, and lost the battle with my better financial sense. I'm a uni student so (I think) I can get away with things like this. It's been a long time since I bought shoes so I don't feel so bad splashing out a little.[/QUOTE]

Don't really like the color. Reminds me of skin or bread.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
SO, I'm looking for some very comfy walking shoes for PAX. Needless to say, I also want to be able to wear them when I get back. Was hoping sub $100. Any ideas?

These are what I am very close to ordering. They look like they'll go well with jeans, and good with shorts.

412WHnAnhkL.jpg

SO, I'm looking for some very comfy walking shoes for PAX. Needless to say, I also want to be able to wear them when I get back. Was hoping sub $100. Any ideas?

These are what I am very close to ordering. They look like they'll go well with jeans, and good with shorts.

412WHnAnhkL.jpg

nike free+ run 2 will probably be on sale at most retailers since they're the last year's model. they'll might be lighter and more comfortable than what you posted.

i have these for the gym/days where i'll be doing a lot of walking (disneyland, walking the dog, long errand day):
Mans%20Nike%20Free%20Run%202%20Running%20Shoes%20Black%20Blue%20Green_3.jpg

they come in a shitton of colors (try eastbay), and going off what you posted, im guessing you'd probably want something low key like this:
Nike-Free-Run-2-Men-Black-Anthracite-White-01.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Yeah, I've looked into the Freerun 2's I'm just not 100% sure of the weird style and my biggest worry is if they are too low cut if I wore jeans with them.

I really like the Lunarglide 3's, but even though the 4's are out the 3's still are $90-$110.

EDIT: The Free run 2's are still $100 on Zappos. I'll look a bit more though.

barrin87

I found two pairs of Adidas shoes that I like but they are drastically different than what I would normally wear.

Ujb4h.jpg

bLdSF.jpg

Which pair looks better? Would both look good just with pants/shorts and a short which is my normal attire outside of work.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I found two pairs of Adidas shoes that I like but they are drastically different than what I would normally wear.

Ujb4h.jpg

bLdSF.jpg

Which pair looks better? Would both look good just with pants/shorts and a short which is my normal attire outside of work.

The first pair would definitely work with more, but I'm digging the shit out of the second.

Reg

Banned
Quick question. So I've been thinking about picking up a couple of pairs of jeans but I'm a total noob when it comes to denim. The last time I've worn a pair was maybe 15 years ago. I normally wear khakis sized W36 L32. I've read conflicting information about how denim shrinks in the wash. I always thought it stretches out a bit after wearing it.

But my question is if I should pickup some jeans that are a few sizes bigger than what I need? Or just get something that fits me good in the store.

Alucrid

Banned
Quick question. So I've been thinking about picking up a couple of pairs of jeans but I'm a total noob when it comes to denim. The last time I've worn a pair was maybe 15 years ago. I normally wear khakis sized W36 L32. I've read conflicting information about how denim shrinks in the wash. I always thought it stretches out a bit after wearing it.

But my question is if I should pickup some jeans that are a few sizes bigger than what I need? Or just get something that fits me good in the store.

Um, well it really depends. Do you just plan on going to a local store (Macy's, etc.) to buy them? If so just buy them so they fit and they should be pre-shrunk for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom