• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Isaac

I found two pairs of Adidas shoes that I like but they are drastically different than what I would normally wear.

Ujb4h.jpg

bLdSF.jpg

Which pair looks better? Would both look good just with pants/shorts and a short which is my normal attire outside of work.

I kinda like the top one better, but the yellow part on the bottom looks weird. They look dirty.

Reg

Banned
Um, well it really depends. Do you just plan on going to a local store (Macy's, etc.) to buy them? If so just buy them so they fit and they should be pre-shrunk for the most part.

Yeah I'm thinking I'll just get regular ass levi's 501s. Just found out about the denim thread. Some good info in there.

Yeah, I've looked into the Freerun 2's I'm just not 100% sure of the weird style and my biggest worry is if they are too low cut if I wore jeans with them.

I really like the Lunarglide 3's, but even though the 4's are out the 3's still are $90-$110.

EDIT: The Free run 2's are still $100 on Zappos. I'll look a bit more though.

Eastbay.com mang. They should be on sale and the site usually has a 15% off coupon or free shipping coupon.

I wear these with 511s and they don't look weird to me

Yoshiya

Don't really like the color. Reminds me of skin or bread.

Yeah I know what you mean. In other pics they look more like a normal pale leather - I think what bothers me about the Caliroots images is the lighting makes the material look rubbery and matte.

barrin87

The first pair would definitely work with more, but I'm digging the shit out of the second.

I kinda like the top one better, but the yellow part on the bottom looks weird. They look dirty.

The top pair would definitely go with more of my clothing since I am usually wearing clothes more toned down. I am loving the color on the second pair though but I'm just not sure how it would look with me wearing them. I agree that the yellow soles look like they have been worn or something.

Alucrid

Banned
dear luckybrocebro

Yep, it looks like we're on the home stretch of the hiatus now and the order log will be cleared before we have any new orders; I'm still waiting on some things before releasing much new stuff just yet, but I think it looks like we can take some new orders on whatever people missed out on. All of us have had our summer vacations and now we're ready to pick up where we left off. Shall we?

toj comin back

sorry dp

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
Got my tracking info for my TOJ baseball jacket this morning. Fucking hyyyyyyype. Charly said the tracking info for my 4-zip MDR would be on the way soon. Double hyyyyyype.

I also have a pair of NDC zip boots waiting at home. This will all help me cope with the fact that I'll be returning from vacation.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
SO, I'm looking for some very comfy walking shoes for PAX. Needless to say, I also want to be able to wear them when I get back. Was hoping sub $100. Any ideas?

These are what I am very close to ordering. They look like they'll go well with jeans, and good with shorts.

412WHnAnhkL.jpg

So any other thoughts on these or recommendations of very comfy walking shoes that I can wear even after my trip (with jeans/shorts)?

I'm looking at the Free Run 2's now. :p

Anyone recommend a good, inexpensive wallet? I've been using a money clip/wallet thing for the past 4 years and definitely want to get something different.

waypoetic

Banned
"USD 257,51 + Delivery Charges"

Regardless, if you think that's a worthwhile expeniture, then more power to ya.

They're 1200 swedish kronors. I have no idea what they cost in the states. And yes, i'm okay with paying that kind of money for a pair of sneakers, if they look somewhat unique.

Alucrid

Banned
here's what is available now (it's what was available before, and what we're geared to make these days)
Baseball
TOJ1
Leathers:
A-2
CWU-45 (collared or collarless)
Collared Moto
Moto
2010 DR
MDR
QDR
Peacoat
Fishtail
Duffle
TOJ Trousers

ToJ doing a clean up run, here's what they got

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I just cannot figure out to wear with my grayish canvas sperrys. Grey works, but not sure of any other colors. They are such an odd color on their own.

Uramallas, you have the same ones. What colors do you wear with them?

Zekes!

The blue-and-white anchors are part of a shirt under the leopard sweater, yes? I'd be interested to see full pics of both. They look rad.

Yeah, the anchor print is my favourite tank top. Next time I wear either I'll try and take a photo.

I was wandering around the mall tonight and ended up picking up some cheap Chuck Taylors; they're winter hi-tops, black on black with the fuzzy lining. Will probably end up being my new "whatever" shoes.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I just cannot figure out to wear with my grayish canvas sperrys. Grey works, but not sure of any other colors.

Another instance where I wager you're overthinking things. Grey is a very safe color that goes fine with nearly everything, save for, like, brick red, forest green and brown.

Boken

Banned
Next things to get on my to buy list: polkadot shirt and an anchor print tee (or shirt)

What do you guys think of these oxfords?

I really like them and am thinking of getting them. (They're dark/(dirty) brown colour).

a5abdf5cecc3486f80351cfce13d9abc3b7e2768

6d3dbae28bd76edff3a2585dfa0168508ea1bc28
The toe profile is a tad bit flat for my tastes, but everything else seems pretty nice. I don't know about the quality of burberry shoes though. Once upon a time I though bally shoes were among the best but I've learnt differently now.

What do you guys think of these oxfords?

I really like them and am thinking of getting them. (They're dark/(dirty) brown colour).

a5abdf5cecc3486f80351cfce13d9abc3b7e2768

6d3dbae28bd76edff3a2585dfa0168508ea1bc28

Judged purely on aesthetics, these are gorgeous. As has been said, the quality may be suspect, and the price likely inflated, but you don't need to worry about them not looking good: they do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom