• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think of these oxfords?

I really like them and am thinking of getting them. (They're dark/(dirty) brown colour).

a5abdf5cecc3486f80351cfce13d9abc3b7e2768

6d3dbae28bd76edff3a2585dfa0168508ea1bc28
The sole is a bit thin for my liking. Not sure of the cost (guessing $400 or so), but they are probably blake or Blake rapid. A dedicated shoe maker can likely get you a better product for the $

MegalonJJ

Banned
Thanks for the thoughts folks.

I'll probably get them as I'd like to see what their quality is like (their clothes I've bought have been outstanding so hopefully the shoes will be too).

Ellasman

Alright, I need some help.

I think I have a good idea of what good style is, I just always have a hard time finding what looks good on me cause I'm pretty chubby.

I'm 5'11 211lbs. I need suggestions for casual and formal for both fall and winter. I'm a big fan of Ralph Lauren btw.

Schools starting soon to so suggestions on backpacks would be great.

Also, I need glasses preferably solid black or tortoise shell.

Thank you if you respond.

Alright, I need some help.

I think I have a good idea of what good style is, I just always have a hard time finding what looks good on me cause I'm pretty chubby.

I'm 5'11 211lbs. I need suggestions for casual and formal for both fall and winter. I'm a big fan of Ralph Lauren btw.

Schools starting soon to so suggestions on backpacks would be great.

Also, I need glasses preferably solid black or tortoise shell.

Thank you if you respond.
Post pics of things you like and we can refine from there.

Dunno about backpacks.

Lots of people seem fond of warby parker. They're not too pricey either.

Found this. Don't know is hogan is comfortable but it looks nice for the price.
xZxpG.png
GquIr.png

OBETi.png
Hogan is made by tod's, and they make very nice casual shoes.they look nice.

TheFatOne

So GAF I'm in the process of loosing weight, and now a lot of different clothing options have finally opened up for me. I'm trying to learn about fashion while at the same time building my wardrobe. Right now the only thing I can really purchase with confidence is shoes. The only problem is I know nothing about fashion.Does anyone have any links for guides on how to build a wardrobe, and I'm also looking for shoe guides. I'm still not sure what type of shoes go with what outfit yet, but I am slowly learning.

I want the fishtail parka more than anything else from ToJ. Something about the leather jacket designs just doesn't sit quite right with me

What exactly?
I don't know, they look like they are literally just motorcycle jackets, like super utilitarian, or trying really hard to be 80's punk jackets. I like the bomber jacket style in general, but I don't like the huge fluffy collar. Maybe it would help if I could see the jackets on people and in different colors though

8upjp.jpg

These are so goddamn beautiful, but I don't know which color to get.. check them out here
yeah I saw these yesterday, and I wanted all of them

Alucrid

Banned
I don't know, they look like they are literally just motorcycle jackets, like super utilitarian, or trying really hard to be 80's punk jackets. I like the bomber jacket style in general, but I don't like the huge fluffy collar. Maybe it would help if I could see the jackets on people and in different colors though

yeah I saw these yesterday, and I wanted all of them

They look like motorcycle jackets because they're based on them like...most leathers.

Moto, Double Rider

Collar comes off of the A2 too btw.

Also that's why they have the toj gallery http://toj-gallery.com/main.php

They look like motorcycle jackets because they're based on them like...most leathers.

Also that's why they have the toj gallery http://toj-gallery.com/main.php
thanks for the gallery, didn't know about that. I still wish they had more colors though. It's like, you have red leather, I want to see what it looks like on that jacket

and yeah, they're based on classic designs, but they still seem super generic. Like there's nothing differentiating them from any other leather jacket.

I love the suede stuff though, the baseball jacket and harrington in particular

and the collar coming off the A2 is nice

Alucrid

Banned
thanks for the gallery, didn't know about that. I still wish they had more colors though. It's like, you have red leather, I want to see what it looks like on that jacket

and yeah, they're based on classic designs, but they still seem super generic. Like there's nothing differentiating them from any other leather jacket.

I love the suede stuff though, the baseball jacket and harrington in particular

The fact that they're so minimal is one of the best things about them. While it may seem like there's not much to differentiate them the cut of the jacket blows the rest of them out of the water. That along with the leather quality and craftsmanship if you have an eye for that sort of thing.

The fact that they're so minimal is one of the best things about them. While it may seem like there's not much to differentiate them the cut of the jacket blows the rest of them out of the water. That along with the leather quality and craftsmanship if you have an eye for that sort of thing.
The minimal ones have their place, I just happen to not like them that much. The quilted rider is hardly minimal though

That's pretty much why people like them, classic-modern design with a contemporary cut and finish. Unfortunately due to the size of the operation you aren't gonna get a lot of preview before purchase, they can't go out and spend thousands to get a run of everything in every color.

Seriously, the only other nicely shaped jacket I've seen out there similar to my cwu in terms of aesthetic simplicity and quality was a Dior Homme one. At about 4 times the cost. There really is nothing generic about them when you have it in your hands.

Alucrid

Banned
The minimal ones have their place, I just happen to not like them that much. The quilted rider is hardly minimal though

compared to similar leather jackets?

That's pretty much why people like them, classic-modern design with a contemporary cut and finish. Unfortunately due to the size of the operation you aren't gonna get a lot of preview before purchase, they can't go out and spend thousands to get a run of everything in every color.

Seriously, the only other nicely shaped jacket I've seen out there similar to my cwu in terms of aesthetic simplicity and quality was a Dior Homme one. At about 4 times the cost. There really is nothing generic about them when you have it in your hands.

Yeah, only 7 duffle pictures, I'll probably play dress up tomorrow and see if I can't convince more people to kop one.

I guess I'll have to take your word on it, as there's no way I can afford any of them right now. I'm not disregarding what you're saying, but I guess I'm saying that the site doesn't do a good job of selling its own stuff, but you guys help with that

compared to similar leather jackets?
I don't know, I'd expect similar leather jackets to be similar

I guess I'll have to take your word on it, as there's no way I can afford any of them right now. I'm not disregarding what you're saying, but I guess I'm saying that the site doesn't do a good job of selling its own stuff, but you guys help with that
Oh, I agree, the site is nice to get an idea of the thing, but the lack of well-lit product shots makes it difficult to jump aboard. I know I waited quite a bit of time before doing it, and not for a lack of funds. plus I kept hearing about goat and I like goatskin :p

Oh, I agree, the site is nice to get an idea of the thing, but the lack of well-lit product shots makes it difficult to jump aboard. I know I waited quite a bit of time before doing it, and not for a lack of funds. plus I kept hearing about goat and I like goatskin :p
I don't know if I'd get a leather jacket right away anyway. That blue suede harrington is just so pretty

Alucrid

Banned

I don't know, I'd expect similar leather jackets to be similar

well it's not an official site anyways

suede is leather

UraMallas

I just cannot figure out to wear with my grayish canvas sperrys. Grey works, but not sure of any other colors. They are such an odd color on their own.

Uramallas, you have the same ones. What colors do you wear with them?

I wear T-shirts with them, mostly. Since their solid I'll put them against any shirt with some color in it as long as it has some white to match the rubber part and the laces. Polos with a white insignia work. I pair them with a white belt as well. I have a nice reversible white/black belt from Express that has saved me many times on coordinating items like funky shoes.

Here is a belt very similar to the one I wear with the shoes. Hope this helps.

Einbroch

Banned
Anyone know about Van's sizing? I wear 8.5 Clarks DBs and 10.5 Creative Recs.

Very much depends on the style. Malone style (or the style with the thick exterior and tongue) generally run small, maybe .5-1 size smaller than what you measure. When I wore Vans I got the Malone style and got them in size 12 even though I measured 10.75. Bearcat style (or the "chuck taylor" style, thin tongue, thin exterior) run VERY slightly small, either .5 or even with what you measure.

From my experience.

Alucrid

Banned
Oh. I generally run tts US 9D, and 9 vans fits me fine. Ran with an 8 in clarks desert boots when I had em.

style i wore were vans lpe ca

So I have lost 70 lbs so far this year and badly need to replace my clothes. In the past I was always super heavy so didn't really care about how clothes looked however now I would like to improve on that.

So need some Jean shopping advice. I am still on the heavy side (will get back to you in a year and hopefully that will be rectified) and 6' 5" so I am pretty limited to Big and Tall shops.

Looking at different types of Jeans online I have no clue what looks good on a heavyish guy. Loose fit? Tapered? Just need some pointers so i don't look like an idiot lol.

zethren

Banned
So I have lost 70 lbs so far this year and badly need to replace my clothes. In the past I was always super heavy so didn't really care about how clothes looked however now I would like to improve on that.

So need some Jean shopping advice. I am still on the heavy side (will get back to you in a year and hopefully that will be rectified) and 6' 5" so I am pretty limited to Big and Tall shops.

Looking at different types of Jeans online I have no clue what looks good on a heavyish guy. Loose fit? Tapered? Just need some pointers so i don't look like an idiot lol.

This video might help you out. He's got plenty of great videos in all manner of topics pertaining to men's style, and even a few in terms of fitness.

Congrats on the awesome weight loss! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom