• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
QpeNZ.jpg
N2Dl6.jpg

Buy the duffle.

bob page

Cross-posting from the pics thread. I just brought some new frames home on trial, and I would love to hear what people think. Which ones do you guys think I should choose? Can I even pull off a pair of glasses like these?

First pair:

IMG_6403.jpg

Second pair:

IMG_6396.jpg

My old ones for reference:

IMG_6411.jpg

...and some more pics! https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u4s5xbg5vs8m8xn/6MkxnPpgu5 What do you guys think?
IMG 6420 looks best.

I am also getting glasses this week for my first time ever. Had the exam yesterday and ordered some from Warby Parker. Their site is amazing and ships you 5 frames for free to try on. Plus, $95 with lenses and coating once you decide on a pair.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Bought some grey chinos at the Banana Republic outlet for $30. Like them a lot.

I knew I was going to wear them with my purple polo today, what I didn't realize is the the pants were a bit tighter than my other khakis I usually wear the shirt with, and that the polo is a bit baggier than I realized. This lead to me scrambling to figure out what to wear this morning.

I grabbed a darker red colored polo I bought at the Gap this weekend that I bought meaning to wear with jeans only, not to work. Does everything look fine here? It's grown on me over the day.

Also, what's the norm on shoe/belt color with grey pants? Depend on the shirt? Always black? What other shirt colors go with grey like this? Dark blue and purple were the two I thought of.

Andrew54

Neo Member
I live in GA, albeit northern GA, so winters can be pretty hit or miss for a good portion of the season for me. Sure, it always gets chilly, but it doesn't always get as cold as I would like it and it isn't unreasonable for us to see as little as NO snow worth anything for an entire winter. Flakes, at most, last year. Sucked.

I'm originally from New England, so I miss the colder climate. It's hot for far too long down here and I really just don't like wearing shorts. I'm a jeans all year round kind of person.

Yep, I'm from north Georgia too. It's hard to dress up when it's always 80 degrees outside. It makes layering pretty difficult haha.

bob page

I have a new XS vneck from Everlane for sale. Worn once to try on but it's too small on me. Color is a slight yellow/lemon. $12 shipped (retails for $20 shipped)? PM me if interested.

size_450x450_e4aa5534_dad6.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Still have yet to order shoes for PAX next week. I just cannot decide on something super comfortable, but also looks good (with jeans/khaki shorts of various colors). BAH.

personal opinion on sperrys is sockless and with shorts only.

I'm trying to decide if heading into the city to go to Uniqlo in the next couple days is worth it. How's the length on their shirts? Longer or shorter than the norm? I'm only 5'8" so I need something on the shorter side.

bob page

personal opinion on sperrys is sockless and with shorts only.

I'm trying to decide if heading into the city to go to Uniqlo in the next couple days is worth it. How's the length on their shirts? Longer or shorter than the norm? I'm only 5'8" so I need something on the shorter side.
Yeah, anything other than shorts and no socks for Sperrys looks pretty bad.

About Uniqlo- their shirts are pretty normal as far as length goes. Their short sleeve stuff is a bit shorter but dress shirts are pretty standard. Just make sure you keep a look out for slim fitting shirts, which are only distinguished on the tag. Also, Uniqlo sizes seem different than many brands nowadays, where a XS there will equal a S elsewhere.

Switters

GAFashion. I turned 37 today. I'm still wearing skinny jeans and v-necks from 3 years ago. Thing is I got this little pot belly that won't go away and little pot bellies look the opposite of sexy in a tight shirt.

I don't want to look my age, but I don't want to hold on to the past either. Where do I start? What online clothing retailers do you trust the most?

Like Armand needed LeStat to bring him into the new world so to do I need you!

I will supply pics if that helps.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Never been a fan myself. I would only wear it in certain situations and with certain outfits that it wouldn't be worth it. You don't wanna be that guy in jeans and Sperry's at like a bar or something.

My sperrys (which are grey) look great with jeans. The brown/leather ones most likely would not.

QpeNZ.jpg
N2Dl6.jpg

Buy the duffle.

I remember discussing the merits of the duffle with you last time. Glad you went and got it since it looks dope.

Getting antsy in looking at winter coats once again (fall/winter is my favorite time of year, though my wallet hates it) and though I'm in need of a new peacoat, I'm considering getting another duffle.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I should start looking for a fall jacket. The two I have now are a North Face (everyone's got one) and a green Army-type jacket that I got for very cheap a few years back that I really like.

Where do you guys look for jackets (that aren't stupid expensive)?

bob page

I should start looking for a fall jacket. The two I have now are a North Face (everyone's got one) and a green Army-type jacket that I got for very cheap a few years back that I really like.

Where do you guys look for jackets (that aren't stupid expensive)?

You're not really gonna want to go cheap on outerwear. Harrington-styled jackets are good for fall, as are bombers and cotton duffles.

What is the name of this shoe?

SO, I'm looking for some very comfy walking shoes for PAX. Needless to say, I also want to be able to wear them when I get back. Was hoping sub $100. Any ideas?

These are what I am very close to ordering. They look like they'll go well with jeans, and good with shorts.

412WHnAnhkL.jpg

I find it funny that you guys are already discussing jackets. It won't be cold enough for outerwear in NC until maybe November. I wish I were joking.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Jackets are sick, you can wear a jacket when its only slightly cool out. I wore a jacket yesterday. And its chilly at night here too. So yeah, jackets.

zethren

Banned
I find it funny that you guys are already discussing jackets. It won't be cold enough for outerwear in NC until maybe November. I wish I were joking.

Buy a nice light weight Fall jacket and you can start wearing it in late September to early October. Probably best worn in the late afternoons and evenings on warmer days, of course. It doesn't need to be frigid to start wearing them. But yeah, I hate when it takes a while to get cold.

I live in GA, for the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom