• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
I'd like to be able to hit a b&m Uniqlo so I know how their stuff fits me, but as long as the site ends up having a good return/exchange system, that'll be satisfactory.

I usually go check uniqlo.uk since they have measurements on the items which makes proxying stuff from uniqlo easy. I do wonder how badly the site is gonna be wrecked from all the new buyers though. Wonder if they'll have the stock to meet the demand.

Rocwell

Shoe peoples, I'm looking for something along the lines of these SeaVees.
Never owned a pair of these types of shoes so I'd prefer to be able to go to a store to try them on.
Anyone have recommendations?

uCK5G.jpg
FCyeR.jpg

Just picked up these vans Ferris lo-pros pretty recently for around $45 at an outlet store. I like 'em a lot, although they run a bit smaller than what I usually wear, I had to go up a full size. Dunno if they're out of stock most places though.

I'd like to be able to hit a b&m Uniqlo so I know how their stuff fits me, but as long as the site ends up having a good return/exchange system, that'll be satisfactory.

This is super exciting, though. There's nothing left in the city that fits my tastes and budget besides thrift stores, and ordering online has been a total crapshoot lately.
Yeah I'm really excited. Been wanting to get Uniqlo stuff for a while but I'm on the west coast

h_a_t

FCyeR.jpg

Just picked up these vans Ferris lo-pros pretty recently for around $45 at an outlet store. I like 'em a lot, although they run a bit smaller than what I usually wear, I had to go up a full size. Dunno if they're out of stock most places though.

Thanks for the heads up.

giga

Bargggh I need fall to come back so I can start wearing some sweaters again.

kyIk+

TAAZ+

^ Don't like the pants. Cargo pockets wtf. The white belt on navy is hot though.

I gave you a shout out a few pages ago lol. Yes, they are taking orders again. Get on it!
Agh! I've been in Florida all week so I'm super out of the loop.

But oh my god yes my prayers have been answered. That black leather baseball jacket will be mine! Thanks for the heads up man.

Pkaz01

Just bought a charcoal colored suit need help deciding the shirt and tie combo. I am leaning towards a light blue shirt with a silver tie. My shoes are black and my belt is black with a silver buckle. and my skin tone is light.

Any suggestions shirt? (I dont like white, purple, or pink)

Beautiful Ful has the best lookbook I've seen in a long time

beautifulfulSS13_lkbk011.jpg

Ugh I want it all.

This is only mildly related but does anyone have any pics of folks with this style hair cut but up close?
Ive been growing mine /cutting into this kind of style but not going as short up the sides as it wasnt long enough. It is now so I need a good example for my barber and so far this is the best I can find.

Salazar

Jepp, that was absolutely my default attire from 14 up to 24. Blue oxford shirt, navy wool sweater, brown corduroy slacks, brown leather belt with gold buckle.

This is more or less me every weekday. With some kind of coat over the sweater, and chinos instead of cords. I started much later than you, though.

Yoshiya

tn8xrl.jpg

AkFgll.jpg

I absolutely love the look of this Vans collaboration. Black denim, suede and black leather tongue. I don't think I can get them to Aus though - which is probably for the best. I doubt I could resist buying otherwise.

what do you guys think about card holders? i really like some of the new alexander mcqueen ones and my current wallet is bulky as fuck (my fault, i stuff all my old receipts and random cards that i never look at or need in there)

Shiv47

what do you guys think about card holders? i really like some of the new alexander mcqueen ones and my current wallet is bulky as fuck (my fault, i stuff all my old receipts and random cards that i never look at or need in there)

I use a Saddleback card holder, and wouldn't go back to a regular wallet. The one I have will last forever, looks fine, and holds what I need. Small enough to keep in just about any pocket as well.

I use a Saddleback card holder, and wouldn't go back to a regular wallet. The one I have will last forever, looks fine, and holds what I need. Small enough to keep in just about any pocket as well.

see the bolded points are what make it appealing; once i strip out all the rubbish all i really need is like 4 cards and i rather not have something needlessly take up some space in my pockets

I have a card holder as well. Love it. 2 IDs, 2 cards, a couple bucks. Done. Which one are you specifically looking at? A lot of traditional leather/wallet makers do them.

Just bought a charcoal colored suit need help deciding the shirt and tie combo. I am leaning towards a light blue shirt with a silver tie. My shoes are black and my belt is black with a silver buckle. and my skin tone is light.

Any suggestions shirt? (I dont like white, purple, or pink)
If it's really a charcoal suit then you should be able to wear it with just about everything. It's literally the most versatile suit color out there.

shas'la

http://i.imgur.com/tn8xrl.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AkFgll.jpg[IMG]

I absolutely love the look of this Vans collaboration. Black denim, suede and black leather tongue. I don't think I can get them to Aus though - which is probably for the best. I doubt I could resist buying otherwise.[/QUOTE]

What are these called? got a link bro?

I have a card holder as well. Love it. 2 IDs, 2 cards, a couple bucks. Done. Which one are you specifically looking at? A lot of traditional leather/wallet makers do them.

287208_AXF0O_1000_A_514x616.jpg

that's the one that caught my eye though loro piana and mulberry have more simpler designs that i like

Alucrid

Banned
http://media.alexandermcqueen.com/images/514x616/287208_AXF0O_1000_A_514x616.jpg[IMG]

that's the one that caught my eye though loro piana and mulberry have more simpler designs that i like[/QUOTE]

ehh....get this comme des garcons

[IMG]http://img.tresbienshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/thumbnail/312x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/i/m/image_88759.jpg

ehh....get this comme des garcons

http://img.tresbienshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4/thumbnail/312x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/i/m/image_88759.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

eh i don't want something i have to unzip or open up, thanks for the suggestion though

Ash_69

Torino leather makes a nice one that isn't too casual or try hard shiny etc

Thanks for the heads up.

What's the consensus on foot wear when donning such an outfit (shirt with nice sweater/navy trousers or chinos). Boat shoes or bust? I'm thinking of other alternatives that may stop me from having to go out and buy more shoes.

Alucrid

Banned
Thanks for the heads up.

What's the consensus on foot wear when donning such an outfit (shirt with nice sweater/navy trousers or chinos). Boat shoes or bust? I'm thinking of other alternatives that may stop me from having to go out and buy more shoes.

Boat shoes is busting. Derbies, maybe some odd colored oxfords or nice boots would work.

mooooose

This is only mildly related but does anyone have any pics of folks with this style hair cut but up close?
Ive been growing mine /cutting into this kind of style but not going as short up the sides as it wasnt long enough. It is now so I need a good example for my barber and so far this is the best I can find.
I'd also appreciate this as it is the exact haircut I want.

Visceir

I love that look. I will be rushing out to get a white belt immediately.

A part of me hopes that you're being sarcastic. The white belt was kinda ruined for me by the typical clubbing crowd...light-blue jeans+white belt seemed and still seems like everyone's go-to items when going clubbing. So bad :(

Edit: guess I might as well add some pictures

Thinking about buying these shirts:
mariok_12s072_rm60k6.jpg
boris_12s056_kd8.jpg

And finding a coat like this:

Rookje

keiichi

Well they're all in NY anyways, but one's opening in LA or somewhere in Cali as well. I won't be satisfied until Philly gets one though. I guess the e shop is the next best thing though.

I mean, I haven't been to a brick and mortar store to shop in ages, maybe when the mmm collab at h&m drops I'll stop there on my lunch or something.

Still pretty far from Philly, but they will be opening one very soon at Garden State Plaza Mall (Bergen County , NJ)

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/corp/pressrelease/2012/08/uniqlo_announces_september_28t.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom