• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quarters_PATRIOT1.jpg

Thinking about picking up these

HiResDes

I recently acquired some military like boots, can I wear these with black skinny/slim jeans...And if so should I tuck them in or not.

Lunchbox

Banned
this shirt i got in small fits really well on the shoulders but is kinda short on length than im used to. like if i bend or raise my hands you can see my belt/draws

is this a norm now? keep or get a bigger size?

it goes high near the pockets like this -

y1yZ1.jpg

I think it's a norm for casual shirts now. I say keep it, but if it's too uncomfortable for you to wear, it's prolly not worth it

Edit: Also that model must be uncomfortable with shoulders that small

Pollux

I just got told I dress nerdy. Express polo, jeans, and black pumas. This makes me sad. Guess I'm off to buy some Sperry's tomorrow.

Lunchbox

Banned
I think it's a norm for casual shirts now. I say keep it, but if it's too uncomfortable for you to wear, it's prolly not worth it

Edit: Also that model must be uncomfortable with shoulders that small

guess ill get some classy boxers and a nice belt and see how it goes, it was 60% off at 17$ so it wont be a huge loss if it doesnt work. i can start wearing it under jackets if its too weird. it looks nice and the material is really soft so i kinda wanna keep it

GAF, I do this thing I like to call "Formal fridays" where I'll wear a vest, a button down shirt, a tie, and some dark jeans. How do you feel about this?

Pollux

GAF, I do this thing I like to call "Formal fridays" where I'll wear a vest, a button down shirt, a tie, and some dark jeans. How do you feel about this?

I like it, but apparently I have no sense of style so don't pay attention to my opinion on this.

Lamel

Banned

Pollux

I'm thinking this pair

If I can't wear dark colors does that mean no jeans? And I used to dress preppy, and then stopped for about 5 years when I went to college. Help me out, please. PLEASE.

For tomorrow, Sunday before labor day, would sperrys, white chinos from j crew, and a polo be an acceptable outfit?

Alucrid

Banned
I feel like it's weird without a jacket of some sort.

Salazar, does buying from Mr Porter not have crazy taxes or fees to Australia or something? Or do you just really like the site?

Salazar

Salazar, does buying from Mr Porter not have crazy taxes or fees to Australia or something?

Nope, not really. Shipping doesn't work out to be all that crazy.

It hasn't really let me down, but I'm prepared to diversify my browsing/shopping options.

Lamel

Banned
I'm thinking this pair

If I can't wear dark colors does that mean no jeans? And I used to dress preppy, and then stopped for about 5 years when I went to college. Help me out, please. PLEASE.

For tomorrow, Sunday before labor day, would sperrys, white chinos from j crew, and a polo be an acceptable outfit?

Yeah those are the exact same ones I want.

Seems like it would make a good outfit. Maybe try it and post a pic? I mean if your polo is lime green with white chinos and tan sperrys, then no, that would suck ass.

Personally a navy polo, tan/khaki chinos and those sperrys would look awesome.

I'm buying Sperry's tomorrow...someone tell me what I'm allowed to wear with them.

Yeah kahkis/chinos and a polo is always good with boat shoes. Those shoes go with everything from a solid t shirt and a decent pair of shorts to khakis with a blazer and tie.

I would avoid wearing them with jeans.

h3ro

I have a dark blue suit (I've posted pic here before). I need a shirt/tie combination for this. Any suggestions?

A navy suit is so versatile. You can tailor it to any occasion. What event do you need it for?

Business/interview, I'd go with a fitted white shirt with solid/striped tie and dark shoes. For a reception or party event, go wild with the tie and have a nice contrasting pocket square and maybe some saddle or tan shoes.

just picked up these sexy beasts. I need a pair of jeans worth wearing with them though. Thinking a pair of 511 in indigo, but i dont really like skinny jeans. How tight are they on the scale of things.
Shoes_06.JPG

soultron

Banned
Man, I love leather that has that worn-in look. The shoes posted earlier on this page and those boots 2 posts above look great.

Bagerk

Finally got my phone repaired so I can post pics. This is what I wore Friday night...which led into Saturday day and then into Saturday night as I never made it home.

The pants look far pinker in non photo form.

Enron

Banned
I just got told I dress nerdy. Express polo, jeans, and black pumas. This makes me sad. Guess I'm off to buy some Sperry's tomorrow.

It's the black pumas - Tennis shoes/running shoes/whatever do not look good with jeans and a tucked-in shirt. It screams "I work in IT".

I'm thinking this pair

That sounds fine (the outfit). And yes, you can wear Sperrys with jeans. I do it all the time. Just remember NO SOCKS.

Another good alternative with jeans are suede bucks. Dirty bucks in the spring/summer, chocolate ones in the fall. Look good with jeans.

What's the difference between Clark's Desert Boots and the Bushacre boot? Mostly wondering if there would be any sizing differences. I usually go a bit smaller with the Desert Boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom