• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

Thanks for the heads up.

What's the consensus on foot wear when donning such an outfit (shirt with nice sweater/navy trousers or chinos). Boat shoes or bust? I'm thinking of other alternatives that may stop me from having to go out and buy more shoes.
In brown: chukka boots, leather oxfords, suede oxfords.

Violater

Ok gaf, what would go best with this shirt (ironed of course)
ZJbv4.jpg
for a night out?

giga

I hope those are fitted. It doesn't look like something you can hang loose so you'll need to tuck. Tuck them into whatever khaki pants or jeans you have to see what works, and then wear brown shoes and roll up the sleeves (optional).

cn5304593.jpg

cn4942263.jpg

Violater

I hope those are fitted. It doesn't look like something you can hang loose so you'll need to tuck. Tuck them into whatever khaki pants or jeans you have to see what works, and then wear brown shoes and roll up the sleeves (optional).

cn5304593.jpg

cn4942263.jpg

To the club?

Someone do it! Hair cut is like almost if not more important than what you wear. Cant be turning up in a baller suit with a bowl cut now can you!

I know its called an undercut but there are alot of variations (it seems) and very few decent upclose pictures.
I had mine faded from grade1>2 up to the top but now I want to go 1 all the way but I think barbers seem to get put off by this as it it not blended in on the sides and is quite jarring I guess is the word?
Cant see the pics at work but I will now use my phone to check them out :)

Still working on it...I just don't know what I should include in the OP

So many things. Could post pics of guys with nice cuts. Talk about shampoos, conditioners. The difference between barbers and salons. The differences between pomades, waxes, gels, clays. Hair straightening/curling, styling techniques, and maybe even go into what styles would be best for different head/face shapes.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
So many things. Could post pics of guys with nice cuts. Talk about shampoos, conditioners. The difference between barbers and salons. The differences between pomades, waxes, gels, clays. Hair straightening/curling, styling techniques, and maybe even go into what styles would be best for different head/face shapes.

Alright, it will be up very soon

the /fa/ board on 4chan actually has a dump with a fair few pictures of haircuts which could be helpful. i would link the url where the pictures are but posting the site name will probably get me banned, i can pm it if anyone is interested and then the relevant bits can be rehosted elsewhere?

Might wanna get that tailored- the trenches from Uniqlo are unfortunately quite boxy.

Yeah, it was around the waist area that was pretty wide, even when fully buttoned and I was wearing my sweater/polo combo underneath. Shoulders weren't too bad so it's probably around the waist area that it'd have to be taken in.

I do still like it though and wanted something basic for fall.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Kind of a minor thing, but Nordstrom is going to be carrying Topman/Topshop lines starting in about a week. I like some of their stuff and it's nice that, along with Uniqlo, some of these "inconvenient" brands are becoming more accessible for US customers.

Kind of a minor thing, but Nordstrom is going to be carrying Topman/Topshop lines starting in about a week. I like some of their stuff and it's nice that, along with Uniqlo, some of these "inconvenient" brands are becoming more accessible for US customers.

I'm interested to see how it goes.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Just saw the b&m list for the Topman line, and bizarrely the Seattle flagship store isn't going to be carrying it. :(

Hmm, Nordstrom is pushing the Burberry fall line... Time to go in and cry all over everything while I try them on.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Almost broke the bank on a stunning pair of To Boot NY burnished leather fur-lined chukkas tonight. Now I can't even find the same pair anywhere online to see if there's a possible deal to be had. Sadface.

Yoshiya

MY44o.jpg

Picked these up on the cheap off the Palladium website. No harm done if they look shitty in person. My current go-to black shoes are falling apart.

MY44o.jpg

Picked these up on the cheap off the Palladium website. No harm done if they look shitty in person. My current go-to black shoes are falling apart.

I can't wait until it gets cold enough to just wear boots. I simply can't find a pair of casual shoes that I truly believe look good on me.

Almost broke the bank on a stunning pair of To Boot NY burnished leather fur-lined chukkas tonight. Now I can't even find the same pair anywhere online to see if there's a possible deal to be had. Sadface.
Online? To Boot is usually cheap on eBay, much like costume national.

Oh, are we going shopping tomorrow? I DO need to drop something off at kuhlman :p

Yoshiya

I have those too! :D

They look okay. Versatile, you could say. I want some tan ones though.
Sounds good - versatile was what I was looking for. Something to wear with jeans that doesn't restrict what I put on the top half, at least until the summer. I've spent enough on fun but limiting shoes lately.

Just saw the b&m list for the Topman line, and bizarrely the Seattle flagship store isn't going to be carrying it. :(

Hmm, Nordstrom is pushing the Burberry fall line... Time to go in and cry all over everything while I try them on.

Topman is truly woeful stuff. I wouldnt get too excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom