• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The brown boots are staffords from JCPennys for 60 bucks. Not bad, they run a size larger. They are built pretty well. Will buy some allen edmond cap toes when i get some money next year to replace them .

Alucrid

Banned
What's the difference between Clark's Desert Boots and the Bushacre boot? Mostly wondering if there would be any sizing differences. I usually go a bit smaller with the Desert Boot.

Desert has crepe sole bushwhacker doesnt

Anyone got good recs for longer style coats for fall/winter?

Fish tail, duffle

The brown boots are staffords from JCPennys for 60 bucks. Not bad, they run a size larger. They are built pretty well. Will buy some allen edmond cap toes when i get some money next year to replace them .

reddit :|

zchen

just picked up these sexy beasts. I need a pair of jeans worth wearing with them though. Thinking a pair of 511 in indigo, but i dont really like skinny jeans. How tight are they on the scale of things.

511's aren't that tight unless you have body builder quads or something. You could try 513, 501 shrink to fit, or dip into that sweet world of selvedge with some of that unbranded slim straight or taper (10% off coupon code NEWSKOOL)

Pollux

Got my Sperrys today. A nice solid light brown color. Wearing them with kith khaki shorts and a grey polo. Comfy shoes

Can any gaffer comment about the quality of H&M products?

I was browsing their site and liked a couple of sweaters (like this one), but I think the price is kinda low (compared to the pictures). I mean... it reminds me of Yesstyle, where everything is very cheap, but it looks great on pictures. Then, when the item arrives at your door, you discover that the quality is utter crappy.

Experiences with H&M?

H&M has some good stuff every so often but their quality is seriously hit or miss. They don't last and make sure to try on everything--shirts will be different sizes from shirt to shirt.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
H&M's sweaters are decent enough. No one's going to mistake it for cashmere, but they're comfortable enough, come in some fairly attractive designs and don't have the same awful construction as their button-ups. I have a couple and the fit is comparable to Gap -- not too snug, not too loose, sensible body and sleeve length, etc.

Their basic t-shirts (which come in a surprising number of cuts) and knit cardigans are some of my favorites for the money. They revamped and scaled back the underwear line recently to make space for all that Beckham stuff, and it actually much nicer fabric and cuts now, too.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
p.s. macuser was so baller in person that I had to level the playing field by getting PREMIUM LIQUOR to his PEASANT BEER.

He also appreciated that I wore a grey sweatshirt.
eFQum.gif

I just imagined if there was a Manshion GAF meetup. We would all be trying to outdo the other when it comes to outfits.
This would be amazing.

I feel terrible for bailing on the Seattle Manshion-GAF last night, I need to make it up somehow. I had an outfit picked out and everything.

I have a dark blue suit (I've posted pic here before). I need a shirt/tie combination for this. Any suggestions?

A navy suit is so versatile. You can tailor it to any occasion. What event do you need it for?

Business/interview, I'd go with a fitted white shirt with solid/striped tie and dark shoes. For a reception or party event, go wild with the tie and have a nice contrasting pocket square and maybe some saddle or tan shoes.

What colour tie? I'm thinking this

http://www.moss.co.uk/catalogue/964742771.html

Anyone know where I can get some decent smart-casual short sleeve shirts (in the UK). Most of them on Asos are too jazzy for my liking.

Next?

Alucrid

Banned
So did the girl I went on a date with the other day...which was unfortunate since I was wearing pumas haha. But I tend to agree with you and the only reason I got them was b/c they were cheap and I had a hole in the shoe I was wearing at the time.

Also, what can I wear with these? I generally wear either khaki shorts and a polo, jeans and a polo

they're brown boots, you can wear a lot of things with brown boots. just don't wear khaki shorts

^ that looks like it has too much taper.

coldvein

Banned
really? skrillex playing today or something?. text me up when you're down in the town.

ps. and there's nothing light grey about those shoes man, they are explosive shiny silver dtf.

Alucrid

Banned
it's tough to say without seeing any of it, but in theory sure

aside from the fact that i don't like polos, or at least the large majority of them

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Saw this jacket in the store and fell in love with it instantly. I got to have this. What's Manshion-GAF's opinion?

20_hbeu50227994_010_10

GiJoccin

NYC Gaf here - I have professional interviews coming up in a few months and wanted to invest in 2 suits - any recommendations for the best places to check out? I was thinking Suitsupply but wasn't sure if their suits were a little too slick - would they work out well for a job interview? Otherwise I was thinking Brooks Brothers (I'm aware I missed their sale :( )

So did the girl I went on a date with the other day...which was unfortunate since I was wearing pumas haha. But I tend to agree with you and the only reason I got them was b/c they were cheap and I had a hole in the shoe I was wearing at the time.

Also, what can I wear with these? I generally wear either khaki shorts and a polo, jeans and a polo

Whatever you wear with jeans work. These are actually this pair which i bought 3 days ago. pretty comfy so far. They darken up a lot when wet but dry lighter again. Should probably water seal them soon.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/47927669/Shoes_06.JPG
The picture i took of them couple days ago in my living room.

I don't get MFA hate.
I dont either. Its mostly their to get people to stop wearing graphic tees. So they go very conservative, since its easy to learn as people build their adult style. Also suits are always awesome.

Saw this jacket in the store and fell in love with it instantly. I got to have this. What's Manshion-GAF's opinion?

20_hbeu50227994_010_10

Just because something is Hugo Boss does not necessarily mean it's great. I think it could look nice so long as you don't wear a bulky sweater underneath it like the model in the picture. I think you could probably get away with wearing a simple black or gray stretch V-neck from H&M under it and look really cool.

Also, in addition to the terrible sweater, what the heck is up with those pants? Are they purposely trying to make the guy look bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom