• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no Internet so crappie cell phone pic. Just got it in and it's glorious

ydyTvl.jpg

cleptomanicx? I ordered one of these a while ago in S but it was waaaaay too big for me ;) too bad because I really dig that dipped look

SO, I'm looking for some very comfy walking shoes for PAX. Needless to say, I also want to be able to wear them when I get back. Was hoping sub $100. Any ideas?

These are what I am very close to ordering. They look like they'll go well with jeans, and good with shorts.

412WHnAnhkL.jpg

Can I get a name of these shoes please? They look really good

going to get an eye exam and order some new frames this week.

currently wearing:
01rx_01%20(110).jpg

paul frank instant intellectual

will order:
RB4175-02_877_32.jpg

oversized clubmasters (throwing in clear rx lenses) which are a lot more flattering than the regular ones IMO. can't wait

Alucrid

Banned
i really need new lenses, though i don't wear my glasses too often except when in class. need that and sunglasses real bad.

_Isaac

going to get an eye exam and order some new frames this week.

currently wearing:
01rx_01%20(110).jpg

paul frank instant intellectual

will order:
RB4175-02_877_32.jpg

oversized clubmasters (throwing in clear rx lenses) which are a lot more flattering than the regular ones IMO. can't wait

Both of those look pretty slick.

Salazar

Moleskin jacket posted at the top of this page arrived this morning.

Is very nice. Laughably superfluous quilted lining is in the bin. There's a mild design flaw in that the asymmetry of its cut reveals an inside label when the jacket is open, but that can be unstitched.

Antagon

What are some good boots to rock with skinny jeans when the cold and snow starts to hit? I have a pair but, they're a more bulky hiking kind and my jeans don't fit over them.

Wolverine 1000 Miles, red wing iron ranger / Beckman.

Don't come cheap, but look good and are good quality.

Guyism-1000-Mile-4.jpg

Check the last page for a pic of my iron rangers under a tapered jeans, works really well.

Enron

Banned
What are some good boots to rock with skinny jeans when the cold and snow starts to hit? I have a pair but, they're a more bulky hiking kind and my jeans don't fit over them.

I don't know about skinny jeans, but Indys look good with any denim.

dralla

Shit picture in dressing room, picked up 2 pairs of chinos that I desperately needed. These are really nice in person, picture obviously doesn't do them justice. Banana Republic, Emerson line

jNUwoBw2UWGI1.jpg

I also finally found a pair of light jeans that fit well, my other ones are too lose fitting and just aren't that comfortable. Gap, Premium 1969, Straight fit

jdBxv32yPYSAM.JPG

the shirt I'm wearing that you can't really see is also pretty amazing, I saw it and instantly had to have it. it's a medium which is a little big on me, but it was the only size they had left.

I tried on a pair of skinny jeans today for the first time lol I couldn't even get them on, my calf muscle is too big, I'll just stick to straight jeans..

now that fall is coming, I need a nice pair of brown boots, I love me some red wings, I'm leaning towards them.

Thanks for teh suggestions, guys.

Wolverine 1000 Miles, red wing iron ranger / Beckman.

Don't come cheap, but look good and are good quality.

http://guyism.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Guyism-1000-Mile-4.jpg[img]

Check the last page for a pic of my iron rangers under a tapered jeans, works really well.[/QUOTE]

These are ridiculous and exactly what I had in mind. Thanks!

Maybe not that fitting of the thread, but I'm looking into getting some athletic apparel. I've lost some weight recently and I've always wanted to have those Nike or Addidas running suits, running shoes, and stuff like that. But not unless I actually looked athletic, I'm getting to that point and now I want to shop around. Are these outlet stores like this legitimate?

http://www.adidasoutletstore.us/adidas-outlet-men-c-1.html

If there were user reviews and stuff on that site then I'd be more confident in buying. But without it I'm a bit worried, but the deals are much better than retail or straight from Adidas themselves.

Tremas

I'm thinking of getting a pair of red/oxblood/burgundy brogues, something I can dress up or down. Debating whether I should go really casual or completely formal as the in-between options have been rather limited.

Here's what I've been looking at:

The Loake's aren't the 1880 range. I believe they're corrected grain rather than calf leather. I'm not looking to spend more than £200.

Thoughts?

Additionally, http://www.shopstyle.co.uk/ has got to be the most convenient fashion site I've used. No longer shall I visit individual brand or store sites to see what's new.

Salazar

Did you really throw the lining away? Might come in handy sometime... do you just hate the quilted look?

Yup. And it will only really get cold enough for me to want the lining when I go on holiday down South or in Europe.

And if it is that cold, the jacket's fit is generous enough for me to throw on a nice jumper or cardigan underneath.

Zilch

Banned
Patrik Ervell's full SS13 lineup just went up on his webstore.

I see this new colorway in the BD shirt section:
1-0000505-3324.jpg

Hand painted, 100% silk. Looks fucking sweet.

Awesome, how much could it cost?
$710

patrik ervell is pretty awesome in that regard. the majority of the stuff is standard ny designer streetwear prices, then you get stuff like that.

accessories still aren't up yet. i want dat leather cap.

Alucrid

Banned
Patrik Ervell's full SS13 lineup just went up on his webstore.

I see this new colorway in the BD shirt section:
http://patrikervell.com/pimg/1-0000505-3324.jpg[img]

Hand painted, 100% silk. Looks fucking sweet.

Awesome, how much could it cost? [spoiler]$710[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

that'll definitely hit sale prices.

actually, i've gotten all my ervell pieces on sale lol

Garryk

Need some help FashionGAF.

My office is switching to jeans year-round, but we still have to wear nice shirts/shoes. I'm pretty tall (6'4") and boot cut used to be my go-to trim, but I've lost a lot of weight this year and the fit just doesn't look as good anymore (little too baggy in the thighs/hips, and YES I've bought smaller pants since losing weight!). What's a more flattering fit that would work with semi-business casual?

Also, chukkas with jeans?

Antagon

Need some help FashionGAF.

My office is switching to jeans year-round, but we still have to wear nice shirts/shoes. I'm pretty tall (6'4") and boot cut used to be my go-to trim, but I've lost a lot of weight this year and the fit just doesn't look as good anymore (little too baggy in the thighs/hips, and YES I've bought smaller pants since losing weight!). What's a more flattering fit that would work with semi-business casual?

Also, chukkas with jeans?

Slim straight, or maybe slim tapered.

And yeah, chukkas are great with jeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom