• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. define 'slim fit' (pictures help)

2. internets

Something like this:

mens-gray-slim-fit-blazer-plust-pants-gentlemen-suit-a0ba.jpg

I have been looking on various sites for suits and I've seen some that I like, but they're pretty expensive. I guess what I am trying to ask is where I can find an affordable suit like this? Probably something that's $300 or less.

yoox has a nice summer sale going on. no idea what your size is, but some verrrry good bargains right now. I can get more specific with more info.

I am a 42 Regular last time I checked about a year ago. I don't think I have changed much, if at all.

Anyway, I'm just gonna browse around this site. I've already found some pretty slick deals, so thanks man.

Something like this:

mens-gray-slim-fit-blazer-plust-pants-gentlemen-suit-a0ba.jpg

I have been looking on various sites for suits and I've seen some that I like, but they're pretty expensive. I guess what I am trying to ask is where I can find an affordable suit like this? Probably something that's $300 or less.
Yeti the look you're going for isn't so much about the suit as it is the sizing of it. The model in the picture looks like he sized down by at least a size if not two. Have you tried this?

I'd recommend going to your retailer of choice and trying on a couple different sizes of suits and see which gets you the closest to the picture. However, make sure you try on brands that you're actually interested in since they always differ in size and cut (I'm a 40R in Hugo Boss but can't fit a 40R Paul Smith jacket).

Okay I really like these... But I can't justify spending $120 on sunglasses.

They're worth it. I bought the all black frame last month to alternate with my pair of Oakley Gas Cans and I've completely relegated the Oakleys to my work or workout sunglasses. These RB's work with anything, even a simple get up such as cargo shorts + t shirt.

They're quite durable as well. I just keep them in my Oakley bag and throw them into my backpack and as long as you don't get your backpack run over, they'll be fine.

bob page

I'm looking for a nice slim-fit suit. Any suggestions on where I should look?
If you're fine with polyester and not 100% wool, try H&M. Their dress stuff is actually pretty good for the money. I found a navy blazer there for $70 recently and the fit is better than anywhere else I've seen for the money (fit is just like the blazer in the picture above). It'll only last a year or two probably, but if you're on a budget, definitely check them out.

Also, J Crew Factory. Their Thompson suit is a trim fit- not as slim as some- but it's great quality at around $200 during their sales (coat + pants).

well, some of the runway stuff is questionable, it's just that nobody really talks about the label much. The business clothes are great.

oh i just consider runway stuff as prototypes for retail generally and agreed, their business clothes are good shit, especially their silk ties <3

Kyaw

What does GAF think of Uniqlo Made in Japan Raw jeans for my first raw jeans? Does the regular fit have slim leg openings or do I need to get a slim cut for that?

Alucrid

Banned
Nice jacket. You always looks sharp in all your photos.

Thanks, wouldn't take pictures otherwise lol

Cool thanks, I'm buying from the UK site anyway. What is the procedure after you get the jeans? Never wash it, not even once?

Nah, I just wash them when needed or when I feel like it. Don't think that if you wash them they'll be ruined or something. Granted I probably wouldn't wash them every week or something like that.

Dear gaffers, here's me again, seeking for your help.

Like a year ago I bought two pairs of Levi's (537 Slim Boot) that, for me, are by far the best pair of jeans when it comes to fit. Seriously, it's like Levi's used me as the model to create them :p

The thing is, one of the pair is the typical dark blue jeans, while the other one, is noticeable darker and the finish is... I don't know... waxed (I know it isn't, but it's the best term that comes to my mind right now).

When you look at the fabric very closely, you can see half of the threads are indeed coated and it feels much less coarse than the average jeans and also are very stiff. As far as I can tell, the thickness is just normal.

The sad part is I wanted to buy more of the same, but I'm unable to find them. Even the salesperson who sold them to me doesn't even remember that particular model.

I'm providing you with three pictures:

Here you can see three jeans, from left to the right, the first two are the same model, number 1 I've been wearing it for like a year, number 2 is in new condition and the third is the mysterious one.

Here I think you have a better close up and it's more noticeable the finish and stiffness :p

The third, just because.

It would be nice if some of you denim connoisseur give me some hint about the subject.

Another last denim question...

I'm about to buy my first "real" pair of denim: APC Petit Standard.

According your experiencie, if I'm 30, what's the size that I need to buy? 29 or 28? (consider that I'm a very slim guy).

Cheers.

Cool thanks, I'm buying from the UK site anyway. What is the procedure after you get the jeans? Never wash it, not even once?

I dont know if this only applies to in store but all there jeans come with 32 leg and you get free altering instore. Not sure if you get diffrent legs lengths online though.

I need a new jacket for fall/winter (something good for rain and very occasionally snow). Any recommendations? I know little about clothes, so not sure what I'm seeking. I need a jacket that would look equally good with a dress shirt and tie with nice pants, as it would with a t-shirt or plaid buttoned shirt or jeans. Not searching for a trench coat, don't want a jacket that's too long, maybe mid-thigh would be good. Been looking at some field jackets, but I dunno. I'm trying to upgrade my wardrobe a bit from my older stuff, so still fumbling my way through this.

Antagon

Pea coats are a safe bet. Won't win points in originality, but definitely versatile. Combine it with a scarf for bad weather.

A duffle coat is an option as well.

I'm looking for a nice slim-fit suit. Any suggestions on where I should look?

How much are you willing to spend?
This is a 150 dollar Made to measure suit from pakistan
The fits is fucking awesome and the material is a twill. Really good build quality for what they are.
im a little disheveled because i had to run and get into position.
576166_10100774683155849_524726886_n.jpg

Pea coats are a safe bet. Won't win points in originality, but definitely versatile. Combine it with a scarf for bad weather.

A duffle coat is an option as well.

Really not a fan of the duffle coat, hahaha.

I was considering pea coat, but I'm a pretty big guy as is, pea coats would make me look even bulkier.

Alucrid

Banned
Really not a fan of the duffle coat, hahaha.

I was considering pea coat, but I'm a pretty big guy as is, pea coats would make me look even bulkier.

you are terrible

Dear gaffers, here's me again, seeking for your help.

Like a year ago I bought two pairs of Levi's (537 Slim Boot) that, for me, are by far the best pair of jeans when it comes to fit. Seriously, it's like Levi's used me as the model to create them :p

The thing is, one of the pair is the typical dark blue jeans, while the other one, is noticeable darker and the finish is... I don't know... waxed (I know it isn't, but it's the best term that comes to my mind right now).

When you look at the fabric very closely, you can see half of the threads are indeed coated and it feels much less coarse than the average jeans and also are very stiff. As far as I can tell, the thickness is just normal.

The sad part is I wanted to buy more of the same, but I'm unable to find them. Even the salesperson who sold them to me doesn't even remember that particular model.

I'm providing you with three pictures:

Here you can see three jeans, from left to the right, the first two are the same model, number 1 I've been wearing it for like a year, number 2 is in new condition and the third is the mysterious one.

Here I think you have a better close up and it's more noticeable the finish and stiffness :p

The third, just because.

It would be nice if some of you denim connoisseur give me some hint about the subject.

Another last denim question...

I'm about to buy my first "real" pair of denim: APC Petit Standard.

According your experiencie, if I'm 30, what's the size that I need to buy? 29 or 28? (consider that I'm a very slim guy).

Cheers.

I don't think the 537 are made anymore, or at least they're not on Levi's site. What you might be talking about are jeans that are labeled as 'rigid' though. As for you jean size take measurements of jeans that fit you, compare them to measurements on APCs online and take into account for about 2 inches of stretch in the waist.

Got some Tim hamilton shirts from yoox.

Fabric is great, finish is nice, cut is shiiiittt. Weird shoulder shape, and the shirt is pretty much straight cut from top to bottom, so it is essentially like wearing a sack. I really wanted them to work, too.

Just letting yall know so you dont waste time, cuz the price is tempting right now.

Rookje

I'm not a huge fan of duffles either. Maybe its cause I live in SoCal so the days I can potentially wear that is maybe 4/365. And even then I'm taking it off once I get to work.

you are terrible

I don't think the 537 are made anymore, or at least they're not on Levi's site. What you might be talking about are jeans that are labeled as 'rigid' though. As for you jean size take measurements of jeans that fit you, compare them to measurements on APCs online and take into account for about 2 inches of stretch in the waist.

Duffle coats look weird. Don't like those straps that go across the coat.

I'm not a huge fan of duffles either. Maybe its cause I live in SoCal so the days I can potentially wear that is maybe 4/365. And even then I'm taking it off once I get to work.

Duffle coats look weird. Don't like those straps that go across the coat.

Nope, duffels are awesome as winter coats. Plenty of people wear them up here in NorCal (particularly in the Bay Area) and I've seen several people wear them while I've been in LA during winter.

After all, when it does rain, it's nice having a thick woolen coat with a hood versus a peacoat. Not to mention toggles are much easier than buttons when your fingers are cold.

Rookje

anyone know where to get an affordable bead bracelet like this?
GCSMn.jpg

the bracelet brand in the pic is a viola milano for those interested, but i believe it's probably out of my price range

I wear these http://kangalex.com/shop.

Can also find a lot on Etsy. http://www.etsy.com/search?q=mens bead bracelet&view_type=gallery&ship_to=ZZ&min=0&max=0

Oh, and on Asos (but these are kinda cheapy) http://us.asos.com/Men-Jewelry/veys...=1451&parentID=Rf900&pge=0&pgeSize=20&sort=-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom