• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hmm, usually, a really good peacoat isn't going to be cheap. But still, you can get some excellent ones from time to time at a reasonable price.

Here at Amazon you can see a bunch of them (overall, not expensives). PLEASE, STAY AWAY FROM ANY COAT THAT HAS AN ASIAN LIKE NAME, 99,999999999% of the time are utter crap (example: Doublju).

From that bunch, I like:

Kenneth Cole Reaction Men's Plush Peacoat
Calvin Klein Sportswear Men's Melton Wool Basic Peacoat
Levi's Men's Wool Melton Peacoat

There are other sites, like Asos.com that sell really good peacoats.

Good luck! :)

Thanks!
That Kenneth Cole one is only $70. I like it too.

I kind of like this one? Is it alright?

EDIT: Though I am unsure about the inner turtle neck thing. I don't like popped collars and am not sure if that folds down...

71uL0BS4euL._SL1500_.jpg

Not bad either...

Grey is such a fucking good color. Goes with literally everyone's skin tone, matches with basically any other color. My last 5 tshirts have been some variation of grey. So great because you can put any kind of obnoxious shoe color with it and it looks good.

Agreed. Need to find more grey stuff.

Alucrid

Banned
Thanks!

EDIT: Though I am unsure about the inner turtle neck thing. I don't like popped collars and am not sure if that folds down...

Not bad either...

dont buy any products displayed on black mannequins like that

Thanks!

Not bad either...

LOL, those two belong to the ones that I told you to not to choose!!!!

Buy the Kenneth Cole, man!!! It has excellent reviews.

EDIT: Also, what Alucrid told you. Most of the time, anything that appears on black mannequins corresponds to beyond crappy asian clothes that in pictures look really nice, yet once they are in your hands, really... you want to cry like a baby for making such a mistake.

Violater

Ok Gaf I need something to wear on my head to work.
The cold weather is almost hear and i wash my hair every morning, so chances are my hair is gonna be a little damp leaving the house.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

EDIT: Also, what Alucrid told you. Most of the time, anything that appears on black mannequins corresponds to beyond crappy asian clothes that in pictures look really nice, yet once they are in your hands, really... you want to cry like a baby for making such a mistake.

TheLees doesn't sound Asian! :(

Also, I really like the look of the coat, anything comparable (of good quality) anywhere? Otherwise the Cole one might work.

I'd be very reluctant to pull the trigger on that one. I suspect there's something like this going on in that picture:

dressmann_standard.jpg

No, as someone who made the mistake to buy a coat from those asian brands (it was long time ago, please forgive me), I can tell you that the fit is just like it appears in pictures.

It's just... the material itself, the details like buttons, the sewing and oh my God, the zippers, are incredible cheap, really... the cheapest EVER!. Seriously, you run your fingers across the zipper and it feels so damn sharp that you can easily cut yourself (handy if somebody tries to take your wallet. Just attack him with your coat!).

Violater

No, as someone who made the mistake to buy a coat from those asian brands (it was long time ago, please forgive me), I can tell you that the fit is just like it appears in pictures.

It's just... the material itself, the details like buttons, the sewing and oh my God, the zippers, are incredible cheap, really... the cheapest EVER!. Seriously, you run your fingers across the zipper and it feels so damn sharp that you can easily cut yourself (handy if somebody tries to take your wallet. Just attack him with your coat!).

From experience, the material is cheap and the product two sizes small. If you wear a medium get a XXL.

Also, I really like the look of the coat, anything comparable (of good quality) anywhere? Otherwise the Cole one might work.

I remember seeing peacoats in that style some time ago, but they were from brands like Burberry, Gucci, etc., aaaand... their prices were more around USD1000 or higher, which I suspect, it's way out of the price range you're looking for.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I remember seeing peacoats in that style some time ago, but they were from brands like Burberry, Gucci, etc., aaaand... their prices were more around USD1000 or higher, which I suspect, it's way out of the price range you're looking for.

Yeah, a tad much. :p

Bought a new coat for winter:

It's pretty good but the shoulder area is a tad too tight. And I'm not even wide shoulder-ed.

Where'd you get that? It's nice.

i need to start a cam site to afford all this stephan schneider. so much grey, he's speaking to me!

it helps that while shit is expensive, it isn't totally cray like marc jacobs and everybody else.

why did everything almost double in price.

http://youtu.be/4L6y9GhfMJM

another reason to like it... levity.

Salazar

Kwixotik

Do you guys think white g-shocks are too ridiculous to wear? I'm wearing a black v-neck, apc petit standards, and vans otw hazybuck stove pipes. Just feels a little plain and I usually wear a brown leather watch, but that looks bad with this. My only other watch is a g-shock. Its either no watch or
gw6900a-7-2.jpg

What's your call?

Fritz

Do you guys think white g-shocks are too ridiculous to wear? I'm wearing a black v-neck, apc petit standards, and vans otw hazybuck stove pipes. Just feels a little plain and I usually wear a brown leather watch, but that looks bad with this. My only other watch is a g-shock. Its either no watch or
gw6900a-7-2.jpg

What's your call?

I think they are kinda bound to have a comeback now.

In general though I don't think it is the most aesthetic watch.

bob page

gw6900a-7-2.jpg

What's your call?

I think people are trying too hard to make a statement with them. They'll probably come back briefly then disappear for 20 years again. Personally, I think they're hideous.

Almost fell for this just looking at the picture.. really liked the style displayed. Gona run the opposite way.

AC22-203_3_2_3.jpg

Hmmmmm, want outerwear with the super high collars

I'm looking for something like this too, where can I find one? I've always wanted something to cover the mouth area and scarves usually never sit that high (for me).

coldvein

Banned
should i get my ears pierced and put some big fake rocks in em or not?

whether or not i do this will be based solely on input from manshion gaf.

Alucrid

Banned
So if anyone is itching for Uniqlo I highly suggest using Suddenlee, a proxy service. I've used them once before and they were great. This time I placed an order late last night (10pm est) and this arrived today,

Good news - all of your items have been procured, and we are preparing your order for shipment.

We will send you your shipment tracking number shortly. In the meantime, if you have any questions regarding your order, please contact us via email at customercare@suddenlee.com.

Thank you,

Suddenlee

One fucking day. Service fee was only $22 for a large order, but you do still have to pay NYC sale tax. Still, not bad if I must say so myself. Saved me a trip to NYC at least.

If you want to wait though...

us_ComingSoon_120921_slide.jpg

Went though my woke closet and got rid of so much shit. Realized the things I don't have but really need are khaki's, jeans and hoodies. Anyone got tips on those??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom