• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, you haven't delved into #menswear on tumblr? You're in for a ride.

I found this.

tumblr_maayb7iijC1rpmxc4o1_1280.jpg

id probably mock you too if you were wearing a duffle in socal weather

Nope, duffels are awesome as winter coats. Plenty of people wear them up here in NorCal (particularly in the Bay Area) and I've seen several people wear them while I've been in LA during winter.

After all, when it does rain, it's nice having a thick woolen coat with a hood versus a peacoat. Not to mention toggles are much easier than buttons when your fingers are cold.

I don't wear hoods. I just carry an umbrella if I need it.

I'll wear gloves, those toggles are such a turn off. Finding the perfect jacket is hard.

This #menswear thing is bizarre.

coldvein

Banned
bought one of dem watches, thanks manshion thread.

i usually dont wear watches at all cuz they make my skinyass wrists look even skinnier. but its been several years since i tried, so for $17 why not.

I don't wear hoods. I just carry an umbrella if I need it.

I'll wear gloves, those toggles are such a turn off. Finding the perfect jacket is hard.

I usually carry an umbrella and rarely do I carry gloves, but it's nice to have a hood when it's windy really and I don't have a hat. And really? I find the toggles charming and the coat to be just as timeless as the peacoat's design, since both were used in the military.

Ah well, I guess it's not for everyone.

anyone know where to get an affordable bead bracelet like this?
GCSMn.jpg

the bracelet brand in the pic is a viola milano for those interested, but i believe it's probably out of my price range

I have a few, I usually get them off of jackthreads when they do accessory sales. I have like 5 goodwoods and one or two metallic or ceramic or whatever.

also, does anyone know where I can find a good windbreaker? maybe something like

windbreaker-225x300.jpg

but blue/green/silver/whatever?

coldvein

Banned
got my grey pair of nike gato especials (or whatever theyre called) in the mail today. they look great but damn they are SNUG on my feet :\. got 7.5s, which is my size, but they are tiiiight. ah well the cost of being beautiful i guess.

I don't think the 537 are made anymore, or at least they're not on Levi's site. What you might be talking about are jeans that are labeled as 'rigid' though. As for you jean size take measurements of jeans that fit you, compare them to measurements on APCs online and take into account for about 2 inches of stretch in the waist.

Yeah, as far as I know, 537 aren't made anymore, but I was lucky enough to find them on ebay. In fact, in my pics, the one in the middle is one of the four pairs that I bought from ebay. I know, I know, four pairs? but as i said, Levi's 537 have my name written all over them (aka the fit is beyond perfect) :p

Thanks for your answer, Alucrid; I'll investigate about those "rigid" jeans, and thanks again for the tip about the APCs.

Cheers.

I usually carry an umbrella and rarely do I carry gloves, but it's nice to have a hood when it's windy really and I don't have a hat. And really? I find the toggles charming and the coat to be just as timeless as the peacoat's design, since both were used in the military.

Ah well, I guess it's not for everyone.
Well, I wear a turban, so hoods look... awkward when I put 'em on.

1. nice shoes, bob. do they have a coordinating belt?

2. I was feeling japanesey streetwear so i was gonna grab some undercover from the internets but I realized I'm on the higher end of a size 4 and they rarely make that shit. fuuu

Loxley

I figured this would be the best place to ask about this, but I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions for nice-looking backpacks? I've been checking out the Everlane ones, and I really like the look of this one, but it's currently sold-out and I've been wait-llisted for it:

size450x4503a3d9b8eea09.jpg

Are there any similar-style backpacks out there for a similar price (around $65)? I have a messenger bag that I normally use that has a similar look, but I have a bad back and some days need to switch to a backpack to even-out the weight and would like something that doesn't look like I bought it at Target. Currently I'm using some cheap HP backpack - but it's totally, like, cramping my style.

Manshion-GAF, I'm looking for some shoes that look a lot like the entire collection ALDO has, you know, comfortable and also look good but with a catch... they also have to be clutch/manual/stick shift friendly. I'm assuming that something like that is a tall order, so I'm asking y'all here if y'all have any idea on shoes that fit my criteria.

So far, I've only found one pair from ALDO that fits the bill really well:

The pair I own doesn't have that gaudy yellow and green, but they look very similar.

So far though my search has been limited, as I'm on a broke-ass college student budget, I can only afford anything less than $120, thus I've only been able to find that pair from ALDO since I can actually test them up against a wall and see how it would feel against a clutch pedal. Other than that, I've been sporting PUMA's sneakers as they work but I need to get away from the sporty looking shoes so yeah.

Thanks for the tips.

Guys, I've been searching for hours online with no luck. Can anyone point me towards a dark blue/navy jacket/coat (although I would consider grey), without a million pockets, that's long enough so shirts don't poke out the bottom. It's all I ask for. I would prefer a zipper but buttons aren't a deal breaker. Ideally something for a cold fall that can last me in light winter weather.

Relatedly, it's horrible form to wear a black jacket with dark navy trousers, right?

Edit: Oh yeah, I don't really want to spend more than $100 [would go to $120 or so for something special]

Antagon

Found a great looking duffle coat for the fall/winter on sale, for a great price (went from 275 to 75 pounds) but I'm waiting for a new credit card. FML.

Speaking of duffle coats, any suggestions on where to get one? Really digging them lately and now I want one for the upcoming winter. Glad to take any ideas.

Also, should mention that Alucrid, I really like the one you posted awhile back. Where did you get yours?

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I really want some black boots, but I am terrible at picking out shoes for myself aside from Converse. Any suggestions?

He, count me among the ones who don't like Duffles at all. I think the toggle fastenings give them a very childish look and the overall boxy shape of the coat make you look like...

Helado_hielo.gif

I think I'll always be a peacoat guy. If you're a slim or regular fit guy, I don't think there's another coat out there that makes you look more elegant and stylish.

tumblr_m9h78kC6VS1r0bg3mo7_400.jpg
pea-coat-unbuttoned-at-the-last-button.jpg

Pea-Coat.jpg
peacoatdiesel.jpg

tumblr_m9h78kC6VS1r0bg3mo5_1280.jpg

Just my two cents.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
He, count me among the ones who don't like Duffles at all. I think the toggle fastenings give them a very childish look and the overall boxy shape of the coat make you look like...

I think I'll always be a peacoat guy. If you're a slim or regular fit guy, I don't think there's another coat out there that makes you look more elegant and stylish.

IMAGES

Just my two cents.

Any good places to buy coats like this at a good price? I tend to like my coats a bit shorter too.

For those looking at peacoats, have you tried hitting up a military surplus store?

It's always an option and they do tend to have different lengths, considering an officer's coat is longer than a regular peacoat.

The only thing is that they'd be in navy, but that's pretty standard actually.

Looks pretty awesome, I love the contrast of the light toggles against the black jacket.

Any good places to buy coats like this at a good price? I tend to like my coats a bit shorter too.

Hmm, usually, a really good peacoat isn't going to be cheap. But still, you can get some excellent ones from time to time at a reasonable price.

Here at Amazon you can see a bunch of them (overall, not expensives). PLEASE, STAY AWAY FROM ANY COAT THAT HAS AN ASIAN LIKE NAME, 99,999999999% of the time are utter crap (example: Doublju).

From that bunch, I like:

Kenneth Cole Reaction Men's Plush Peacoat
Calvin Klein Sportswear Men's Melton Wool Basic Peacoat
Levi's Men's Wool Melton Peacoat

There are other sites, like Asos.com that sell really good peacoats.

Good luck! :)

For those looking at peacoats, have you tried hitting up a military surplus store?

It's always an option and they do tend to have different lengths, considering an officer's coat is longer than a regular peacoat.

The only thing is that they'd be in navy, but that's pretty standard actually.

Looks pretty awesome, I love the contrast of the light toggles against the black jacket.

I wouldn't mind getting a peacoat, but I feel like I'd look way too bulky or like I was trying too hard.

Which is ironic cause I guess I am trying pretty hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom