• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Light grey shirt

Darkish grey pants

Light grey shoes
Lol leave it to mac to strictly recommend an all grey ensemble. I'm considering piecing together a monochromatic grey outfit specifically to make mac shed tears of jealousy. I think I could do it too.

Cyclone, you're in luck, grey pretty much goes with everything. It especially looks good with blue though.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
hah, but really, grey like that you can wear with ivory, sky blue, beige shirts etc, and brown/beige/white shoes. I would avoid really dark shirts and shoes.

Lol leave it to mac to strictly recommend an all grey ensemble. I'm considering piecing together a monochromatic grey outfit specifically to make mac shed tears of jealousy. I think I could do it too.

Cyclone, you're in luck, grey pretty much goes with everything. It especially looks good with blue though.

Thanks guys.

I do have a lighter blue plain t-shirt. I may try them out together. I just don't have any good shoes yet. A

For some reason in my head I just can't picture myself pulling off chinos and a t-shirt, but I'll give it a shot. :p

Unless Im seeing things, those shoes have BOY London and their logo in the sole.
No idea what Triple K is but seeing as Boy london t shirts cost £45 I dont think youll be getting what you expect for $61. Feel free to prove me wrong though I just noticed and thought I should point it out.

u1cH5.jpg

bjscott05

Does anyone here have APC New Standards? I'm going to order a pair online and I hear you should size down a bit. I usually wear size 33 or 34 in already washed jeans, so I was thinking about going down to size 31 since I hear they stretch a lot. Sound about right?

Fashion-GAF can help me with something, I am currently torn between two coats from topman, both are the same price (£90).

One is a charcoal grey wool trench coat, and the other is a khaki parka with an Aztec style inner lining. I am about 5 foot 7'' and skinny if it helps lol. I kinda want the trench coat because I could wear hoodies underneath, but I don't know which one is more fashionable.

Zekes!

Fashion-GAF can help me with something, I am currently torn between two coats from topman, both are the same price (£90).

One is a charcoal grey wool trench coat, and the other is a khaki parka with an Aztec style inner lining. I am about 5 foot 7'' and skinny if it helps lol. I kinda want the trench coat because I could wear hoodies underneath, but I don't know which one is more fashionable.

trench

Yeah Im sure I read somewhere it just a straight rip from the nazis, I guess 60's london was that edgy or something..

I never really understood the idea of being edgy just for the hell of it. Either way I thought those shoes were cool looking, before seeing the logo, but I think I can do without them.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Yep. I do that too when dressing for work.

Good. The work shoes I have now are cheapo brown slip on loafers. Now that I've been here a year and a half I figure I'll grab some new stuff.

Next, slim fit button ups per Manshion's orders. Now, where to buy them at low prices.

EDIT: Ordered the Clarks. $77. Gotta love Amazon Prime.

Jhoan

Hey Manshion GAF, long time lurker. I bought myself a Saddleback wallet several months ago thanks to you guys; it was worth every penny.

Any way, I have a question for you all. My book bag (a Jansport "Airlift;" looks similar to this one) has a medium sized hole on the bottom of it closer to my back; nothing that would make my books spill out thankfully but I worry about the colder weather. So I was wondering, would it be cheaper to take it to the nearby tailor to patch up the hole? Or should I buy a new one (it would have to be within the $60 range)? Thanks in advance.

Here's a picture of the hole in question. That red thing is my folder that's protruding out a bit:
SpMmRl.jpg

Hey Manshion GAF, long time lurker. I bought myself a Saddleback wallet several months ago thanks to you guys; it was worth every penny.

Any way, I have a question for you all. My book bag (a Jansport "Airlift;" looks similar to this one) has a medium sized hole on the bottom of it closer to my back; nothing that would make my books spill out thankfully but I worry about the colder weather. So I was wondering, would it be cheaper to take it to the nearby tailor to patch up the hole? Or should I buy a new one (it would have to be within the $60 range)? Thanks in advance.

Here's a picture of the hole in question. That red thing is my folder that's protruding out a bit:
It depends. Are you asking for fashion advice, or advice purely from a monetary standpoint? Cause if you're asking for fashion advice, I think most people in here (including myself), will tell you to ditch the backpack and buy something else. It's a standard backpack that really does next to nothing for you fashion wise. In my opinion, you'd be better served with a leather laptop bag or messenger bag. Hell, go with faux leather if money is tight.

Now, I'm not a tailor, but you can certainly get that sewn up for less than $60, so if you're really married to it and want to keep it, you should be able to.

If I had a classmate that looked like this, I'd be filled with silent rage and admiration. Maybe a touch of jealousy.

You look awesome!
Thanks for the kind words, man!

Hey incase anybody wanted to look at the coats I am torn between here they are:

Trench

http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/st...yId=207169&pageSize=200&refinements=category~[635286|207200]&noOfRefinements=1

Parka

http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/st...Id=207169&categoryId=207200&productId=5787629
Definitely the trench. Not really digging the parka at all. The trench is way more versatile too.

Actual home depot steez :p
Love the sneaker/sweater combo.

So I finally got that Jansport messenger bag I mentioned a page ago and it is immediately going back to Zappos.

The bag looks like shit, literally. The pics on Zappos don't do any justice on how bad it really looks... the shade of brown actually looks like it was lifted off a cardboard box. It's really bad. >____< Then there's also the fact that the build quality is just bleh. The bag looked like it was gonna rip as soon as I stuffed it with my regular school crap and walked around with it.

So, I'm pretty much returning it. I've already packaged it up and am about to drop it off at UPS.

On that note, do y'all have any suggestions for a messenger bag that can carry actually carry stuff and look good for less than $50 bucks?

Alucrid

Banned
fuck box pleats. i think i'm going to take them to a tailor and have them stitched down permanently and then never ever buy a box pleat shit again.

coldvein

Banned
Lol leave it to mac to strictly recommend an all grey ensemble. I'm considering piecing together a monochromatic grey outfit specifically to make mac shed tears of jealousy. I think I could do it too..

ive got one.. its like.. grey slacks, a grey t shirt with a rape scene on it, grey shoes and a blue baseball cap. EAT YOUR HEART OUT MAC USER

Vard

Can we talk about socks? Particularly plain white non-athletic socks. Where is the best place to buy them? It's so easy to find a pair of decent black socks, but I wouldn't mind adding some white ones to the collection... but it's as if all white socks are meant for athletic purposes only.

Anyone know where JGL's jacket in Looper came from?

looper-joseph-gordon-levitt.jpg

Or maybe something similar?
it doesn't appear to have buttons or a zipper, does not seem useful

but many a designer are creating similar collar-up vaguely sci-fi blazer things.

edit: quick example http://www.forwardforward.com/fw/DisplayProduct.jsp?code=KVAN-MO29&d=Mens

Cool looking jacket but it seems like it'd be perfect for the "What you think you look like" meme.
in this case, the baseline is 'looking like JGL in wrinkly old man makeup' so it shouldn't be difficult to reach parity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom