• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Look what came in!

photo.JPG

Also, here's those grey chinos I mentioned. Can I wear this combo? The polo is a bit shorter, does it need to be tucked if wearing casually? Still figuring all this out. :p

does anyone know what the comme des garcons x h&m collab stuff is like construction/quality-wise? saw a pea coat for pretty cheap and wondering if it's worth it

Just make sure you size down. I got a S last year and it was huge- they were always sold out of the XS.

Yeah their stuff is strange sizing, I could fit into a XS jumper when Im normally M, settled on S. Would put a pic up but its just a green jumer so hardly intresting!

This one: http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/073867 ?

Was looking at that last night, though the situation with UK mail forwarders doesn't look great.

Where are you trying to get it sent too?
I think one problem would be how it works in reverse, in that If I buy a coat for $80 and import it, im going to get slapped with a hefty import tax that usually bumps it higher than if I had just bought a £120 coat from inside the UK.
So maybe thats what keeps people from doing it? just guessing mind you.

If I lived close to a U shop id have been ok with buying it and forwarding on but yeah nearest one is an hour by car (that I dont have)

Australia, so no import taxes of any sort fortunately. Looks like it might cost £130 or so to get it here - worth it?

Edit: including the item, lol.

Id have said £120 is alot but then I dont know what you can pick up for a similar price in OZ they are nice coats from the ones I tried on but as a few of us have said the sizing can be abit funny so that would also be a worry (for me).

£40 ontop seems abit steep but I guess they are in it to make money and its probably pretty heavy all things considered.

Isnt it summer now anyway? shouldnt you be in shorts and "thongs" :p

Yoshiya

Isnt it summer now anyway? shouldnt you be in shorts and "thongs" :p
It won't be be hot for a couple of months, and I still have another coat in use that I don't really like anymore. I'm as far to the south as Australia gets, so no, no shorts for a good while yet haha.

Salazar

It won't be be hot for a couple of months, and I still have another coat in use that I don't really like anymore. I'm as far to the south as Australia gets, so no, no shorts for a good while yet haha.

Australians wearing wintery clothes REPRESENT.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Also, to add on to my outfit question/pic above, can you do graphic tees with chinos? Or is that a no-no?

Might hit the mall this weekend and grab some khaki/tan chinos. Any other good colors that go with a lot of things (I have grey already).

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I think the Clarks are going back. I need a size smaller for sure. Just hope Amazon takes them, the bottoms have blue from the carpet now...

Zilch

Banned
Yeah if they feel too big you should get a smaller pair -- when you break them in they'll conform to the shape of your foot quite nicely.

Enron

Banned
OK, manshion gaf, you've got my attention.

I'm looking for some decent boots at low low prices.

How are these Sebagos?
under $60

"Decent" and "low low prices" very rarely ever go together.

Check out Lands End's Signature - shoes have a reputation for being really good for the money. I have a pair of Ranger Mocs i got from em last year and they are great.

"Decent" and "low low prices" very rarely ever go together.

Check out Lands End's Signature - shoes have a reputation for being really good for the money. I have a pair of Ranger Mocs i got from em last year and they are great.

When I say low low prices, I mean anything other than retail. Like a head's up on someone having a sale.

My aging navy blazer has a lost button and I'd like to just go ahead and switch out the gold metal buttons for something a little more modern. I've heard that grey mother of pearl or silver metal are good choices for a navy blazer?

Also, where the hell do you buy buttons?

Visceir

I've been looking into getting a slim fit woolen blazer. Something that would allow me to also wear it with the collar up, something along the lines of this:

I think I'd rather have one in faint plaid pattern though and I'm still not sure about if it should be in darker color or brighter warm color.

Guess it's more of a long term plan as I'm pretty sure I'm never going to find what I want in any store (atleast not for a reasonable price) and need to have it tailored instead. I think it would be perfect for autumn weather.

Edit:
A quilted blazer would be also a pretty neat thing to own:

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Apartment interview @ West 37th Street Oct 3rd guys. (It's important because its a lottery apartment with low rent for being down there near C.Park, I can't believe I'm on this step towards hopefully getting accepted in there.. This is life changing shit right here for me)

Need help lol.

Shoes/Pants/Top help, anyone? I need a look to go with a dark brown watch

Pastry

Banned
I hope you got the two mixed up, otherwise the fuck?

Henley sweater (or long sleeve), I guess I should have been more specific. So dress shirt underneath and then Henley sweater on top. Seems like a lot of buttons but I feel like I have seen people out with it and they looked pretty good.

Was on the hunt for a new jacket in Zara earlier and spotted a green camo blazer.. womans section had similar style trousers. This a trend im not aware of lol

Trying to pick a jacket from here is hard :/
zara jackets

Alucrid

Banned
I don't know. I don't think I like those. I bought some shoes from The Buckle that I'll probably wear with jeans and a light-colored, light sweater.

Those...don't look that good.

Henley sweater (or long sleeve), I guess I should have been more specific. So dress shirt underneath and then Henley sweater on top. Seems like a lot of buttons but I feel like I have seen people out with it and they looked pretty good.

Eh, can't really say i've ever heard a sweater like that called a henley sweater. But sure, a dress shirt with a sweater over it that buttons up at the top is fine.

Are you sure you don't just mean a crewneck sweater? If so, then yeah that look is fine. Personally, I think v-neck sweaters look better with dress shirts, but to each his own.

I saw this there the other day and almost walked out with it. Fortunately for my wallet they didn't have the right size
http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stor.../925508/BLAZER WITH CONTRASTING ELBOW PATCHES
Eww, to me the patches and detailing on the elbows/collar ruin what would otherwise be a perfectly good blazer.

Visceir

Are you sure you don't just mean a crewneck sweater? If so, then yeah that look is fine. Personally, I think v-neck sweaters look better with dress shirts, but to each his own.

think he meant regular long sleeved henley shirt. Which I think would probably be made out of too thin material and wouldn't look very good on top of a button-up...

googling got me this:

Eww, to me the patches and detailing on the elbows/collar ruin what would otherwise be a perfectly good blazer.

It can be rather upsetting at times when you find a nice piece of clothing and then some "added detail" ruins the whole thing. I've had it happen quite a few times to me in the past. Or in this case I guess the "JACKET WITH FAUX LEATHER PATCH" from the zara site..."let's add leather patches to everything!"

It can be rather upsetting at times when you find a nice piece of clothing and then some "added detail" ruins the whole thing. I've had it happen quite a few times to me in the past. Or in this case I guess the "JACKET WITH FAUX LEATHER PATCH" from the zara site..."let's add leather patches to everything!"
The leather patches put me off it too, but I liked the detail under the collar and the material

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom