• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Fashion Gaf, Timberland Earthkeeper's for a Fall/light Winter boot

S6GTh.jpg

Yay or Nay?

Having a hard time finding something to replace my Desert Boots for Fall/Winter. Would like to keep within this price range.

Salazar

think he meant regular long sleeved henley shirt. Which I think would probably be made out of too thin material and wouldn't look very good on top of a button-up...

googling got me this:

I've done something like that a whole bunch of times. But with a grey or dark blue shirt (minimal contrast with the jacket) - not a red one.

I don't know. I don't think I like those. I bought some shoes from The Buckle that I'll probably wear with jeans and a light-colored, light sweater.
Those look weird to me. The stitching makes it look like their only halfway done. Hate to break it to you, but I agree wholeheartedly with Zilch, take them back.

think he meant regular long sleeved henley shirt. Which I think would probably be made out of too thin material and wouldn't look very good on top of a button-up...
I don't know, man. A button up shirt under a henley just sounds like a bulky recipe for disaster to me. It'd be a mess taking it off too.

Also I agree 100% with your assessment of Zara's jackets.

Alucrid

Banned
So I actually can go casual on Thursdays and Fridays now, so I don't think I'll need any more dress shirts, sorry Mauro. I'll will have to pick up a few more casual button downs though...

Thinking about this..since i have too many shirts in blue / white

ol-shirt-navyarms-black002.jpg

Still need to find some good non denim pants. Thinking about something from raf, polokov or maybe silent or kva.

Enron

Banned
Fashion Gaf, Timberland Earthkeeper's for a Fall/light Winter boot

http://i.imgur.com/S6GTh.jpg

Yay or Nay?

Having a hard time finding something to replace my Desert Boots for Fall/Winter. Would like to keep within this price range.

Nay. Timberland boots are complete garbage. I had a pair a few years ago for goofing around in one winter and despite only being worn a couple times a week they tore up pretty quick.

The Timberland of the 20xx's is not the same Timberland of the 1990's, sadly.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Nay. Timberland boots are complete garbage. I had a pair a few years ago for goofing around in one winter and despite only being worn a couple times a week they tore up pretty quick.

cool, thanks for the reply. The search continues.

How long does a new pair of military style boots (as above) take to wear in? I've got some rather bad blisters today.
Depends on the leather.. I have a pair of russel moccasins thst I have worn hiking and doing yard work all summer and they are finally softening up. Only had raw/red marks for the first few wears, though.

End of the day, so I guess it's WW(ere)YWT:

IMG_0954.jpg
Once again in the category of looks I like but could never pull off. Looking good, man!

I can't speak to their traditional style boots, but I own a pair of their Lost History chukkas (I posted them a few pages back) and couldn't be happier. They're durable, comfortable, and I always get compliments on them. Couldn't ask for anything more really.

So I actually can go casual on Thursdays and Fridays now, so I don't think I'll need any more dress shirts, sorry Mauro. I'll will have to pick up a few more casual button downs though...

Thinking about this..since i have too many shirts in blue / white

ol-shirt-navyarms-black002.jpg

Still need to find some good non denim pants. Thinking about something from raf, polokov or maybe silent or kva.

are my eyes fucked or are the sleeves a slightly different colour to the rest of the shirt?

Bad luck with a defective one, maybe?

I have 4 pairs of Timberland boots and I can only rate the quality as great. They are also super comfortable, which, at the moment was a very nice surprise, since the boot style that I like the most is military.

So, purg3, I'd say YAY :)

spicy cho

picked up these two items from the 25% off sale at jcrew.

abingdon duffle
52430_SP3909

NB tennis shoes
82d1b244f117e4c2b9bcddbf7b098b40_best.jpg

Also ordered a TOJ fishtail parka for winter, anyone got good winter boot suggestions? Looking for a black leather boot with good tread for snow and ice. I have my eye on the alden kudu indy but it's out of my price range, and it's brown.

Hi all.

Its going to get bastard cold here in the UK, so I'm in the market for a new coat.

I currently have a coat like this:

Mens-Coats.jpg

but would like something that looks similar, but does not feel as heavy. I'm not concerned about the material as such, but I find that wool coats hang too heavy and I tend to rock bars etc in a black chino/white shirt/waistcoat combination.

I tend to move around a lot when drinking (visit several bars etc) so it would be nice to have a lighter coat. Ideally, I'd like it to look good both open and closed.

Any ideas? Preferably somewhere that delivers to the UK.

I'm shit at this sort of thing.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Bad luck with a defective one, maybe?

I have 4 pairs of Timberland boots and I can only rate the quality as great. They are also super comfortable, which, at the moment was a very nice surprise, since the boot style that I like the most is military.

So, purg3, I'd say YAY :)

Nooo, conflicting opinions lol. I did check them out at Nordstroms today, and they seemed pretty nice, didn't pull the trigger though.

UraMallas

Those look weird to me. The stitching makes it look like their only halfway done. Hate to break it to you, but I agree wholeheartedly with Zilch, take them back.

Return them.

Zilch is just salty because I told him I don't especially like the shoes he bought. Maybe I should've said I could never pull those off. On the other hand, I do know what I CAN pull off. The picture doesn't do them justice and they look great with what I'm wearing them with. I'll take a pic when they come in. Tried them on in the store and they weren't my size. :)

Alucrid

Banned
Zilch is just salty because I told him I don't especially like the shoes he bought. The picture doesn't do them justice and they look great with what I'm wearing them with. I'll take a pic when they come in. Tried them on in the store and they weren't my size. :)

No, no no no. They're ugly as shit man. The shape of the toe box, the elongated shape of the shoe, the ugly stitching, the elastic showing because they're slip on, the fact that they're slip ons, etc. etc.

UraMallas

No, no no no. They're ugly as shit man. The shape of the toe box, the elongated shape of the shoe, the ugly stitching, the elastic showing because they're slip on, the fact that they're slip ons, etc. etc.
Why are you being mean about the way I like to dress? Keep it civil, please. I really like them and they work with a lot of the clothes I wear.

p.s. You'd never see the elastic because of the boot cut jeans I prefer.

UraMallas

Could you post a pair of shoes that you are eyeing so I can compare styles? I don't have a great frame of reference to see if I should take your sense of style to heart. There's a different look that works for different people.

UraMallas

Been drinking. Anyways, I don't know if I could make those work. Definitely a neat boot, though.

Edit: No, I do! In my head, I'm trying to put together something in my closet to make them pop. I might be able to do it. I don't have high socks, though. Were they expensive?

woodchuck

Hi all.

Its going to get bastard cold here in the UK, so I'm in the market for a new coat.

I currently have a coat like this:

Mens-Coats.jpg

but would like something that looks similar, but does not feel as heavy. I'm not concerned about the material as such, but I find that wool coats hang too heavy and I tend to rock bars etc in a black chino/white shirt/waistcoat combination.

I tend to move around a lot when drinking (visit several bars etc) so it would be nice to have a lighter coat. Ideally, I'd like it to look good both open and closed.

Any ideas? Preferably somewhere that delivers to the UK.

I'm shit at this sort of thing.

what kind of overcoat do you have? I'm actually looking for something heavy to wear over a suit when it's really cold.

Echoing this. They are just flat out awful, theres no being able to pull them off involved with them. Just plain old ugly.

bowery

saw this one at opening ceremony the other day.....in love with everything band of outsiders makes, so beautiful but so much for what it is

seriously considering getting this one...

Zilch

Banned
Varsity jackets with leather sleeves seem to be a trendy thing right now but who cares -- the BoO one looks great.

edit: er, that's Wang i guess

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Now that I've dropped some bills on a pair of leather boots, what do I need to do and buy in terms of caring for them? I've heard the highest of recommendations for Obenauf's LP...

Visceir

Weather is getting colder and I had to dig out my last year's jackets. All old stuff:

Think I might just skip getting a new jacket this year as I can't really think of any real outer-wear stuff I desire right now. I do hope I stumble over something really nice worth buying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom