• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
saw this one at opening ceremony the other day.....in love with everything band of outsiders makes, so beautiful but so much for what it is

seriously considering getting this one...

Agh, those are amazing. Can't say I'd be willing to spend upwards of $1,000 on either though.

Weather is getting colder and I had to dig out my last year's jackets. All old stuff:

Think I might just skip getting a new jacket this year as I can't really think of any real outer-wear stuff I desire right now. I do hope I stumble over something really nice worth buying though.
Digging both of those looks man, especially the one on the right.

such is the toj life... i could get like 10 jackets that i don't really need all that much heh.

what was your mdr? grey iirc? doesn't fit so well or just want something else?

Alucrid

Banned
such is the toj life... i could get like 10 jackets that i don't really need all that much heh.

what was your mdr? grey iirc? doesn't fit so well or just want something else?

yeah, the sleeve widths are too big and it's a tad too long and it's something that would bother me forever, especially after wearing the moto. so i figured i might as well cut my losses and get something that i know i'll be happy with.

i think that'll be about it. calf is probably too hardcore for me, i thought about a bomber in brown but brown doesn't seem to have much of a place in my wardrobe. so i'll just wait until the ma-1 pops up, if that ever happens.

yeah, that's why i went knit cuff/bottom with my first go, if the sleeves or length were a bit off it doesn't affect it as drastically...

now i want a moto fuck. will probably do calf of some kind... maybe med brown.

toj is still open, my friend

deciding betwixt a toj1 in brown/brown or a camel/beige variety. dunno yet.
Yeah, I still have yet to buy that TOJ1 I was so excited about. I decided I don't actually need it right now, but if Alucrid keeps posting his TOJ photos in this thread I might have to change my mind.

Raife

Weather is getting colder and I had to dig out my last year's jackets. All old stuff:

Is the gray jacket in your post a specific style? I can't seem to find something like it at the stores I'm looking at. Is there a specific name for the style, e.g a peacoat etc?

Alucrid

Banned
Hey,

I saw your post in the men's fashion thread about your jackets from last year. Could you tell me what brands those jackets were or wear you got them? I've been looking for something similar to the gray jacket for a while.

Thanks,

Taj

you're in the men's fashion thread Taj

Visceir

Is the gray jacket in your post a specific style? I can't seem to find something like it at the stores I'm looking at. Is there a specific name for the style, e.g a peacoat etc?

It's a peacoat, pretty much exactly the same as the one you posted a few pages back, just with minor detail differences/pockets. I usually just wear the collar up

here is an older pic of it:
DSC_0897.jpg

Can't really help you with finding one as it's from last year's line of clothing. I also needed to have it tailored and made it much slimmer to make the fit better.

Also, I never really understood the ToJ craze. But then again I do operate in a completely different price range. Paying that much for something you don't get to try on first is crazy, haha.

Alucrid

Banned
It's a peacoat, pretty much exactly the same as the one you posted a few pages back, just with minor detail differences/pockets. I usually just wear the collar up

here is an older pic of it:

Can't really help you with finding one as it's from last year's line of clothing. I also needed to have it tailored and made it much slimmer to make the fit better.

Also, I never really understood the ToJ craze. But then again I do operate in a completely different price range. Paying that much for something you don't get to try on first is crazy, haha.

I pretty much buy all my clothes online though. That said sending my body measurements in got me the jacket that I posted above, so it's a pretty simple procedure. Having the measurements of clothing makes it way easier to buy stuff. A lot of places have free or cheap returns too which makes it even less of an issue.

Visceir

Just a few posts above you said how some of the measurements still weren't quite right. But I guess it's not even that but rather not knowing how the fit really is and if it actually looks good on you, and I'm guessing since you're having it specifically tailored you can't just return it with toj?

On quite a few of the toj pictures from google the fit looked quite boxy and not all too appealing. I mean it was alright but I guess for that sort of money I'd expect ~*the best thing ever*~ and make me look 10x sexier than I actually am, haha.

On a sidenote, I quite like their leather jackets:
http://www.viparo.com.au/mens/leather-jackets.html

Wouldn't actually mind owning a black varsity style leather jacket from that site...

Alucrid

Banned
Just a few posts above you said how some of the measurements still weren't quite right. But I guess it's not even that but rather not knowing how the fit really is and if it actually looks good on you, and I'm guessing since you're having it specifically tailored you can't just return it with toj?

On quite a few of the toj pictures from google the fit looked quite boxy and not all too appealing. I mean it was alright but I guess for that sort of money I'd expect ~*the best thing ever*~ and make me look 10x sexier than I actually am, haha.

On a sidenote, I quite like their leather jackets:
http://www.viparo.com.au/mens/leather-jackets.html

Wouldn't actually mind owning a black varsity style leather jacket from that site...

Nah, the one I'm selling was because I didn't go mtm. I just went stock and it fits great in everything except the arm width since I'm lacking in my swole. It really isn't any fault of ToJ, but rather the fault is on me the person who ordered it. The whole reason why I'm selling and reordering is because the mtm goat jacket I got fits so fucking perfectly that even the slight sleeve width imperfection ruins it for me, which otherwise it normally wouldn't have. I mean, 700 isn't even a lot when you're looking at leathers. Look at some philip lim jackets and you'll see what I mean. Still, just because it seems 'boxy' doesn't make it a bad fit. Maybe it's something you have to handle yourself before you really understand it. I find a lot of pictures don't do them justice.

like this, is fucking incredible

Then again it's calf so you have to account for the fact that it won't break in immediately, or for a while at all unlike lamb which drapes nicely off the bat (though this one has a lot of wear)

I dunno man. You posted them before but they just scream vegetable tanned leather orthopedic shoes.

I didn't want to make a topic on this and thought this the best place to ask.

I haven't used hair products in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. My hair has been short enough that I haven't needed to. However it's getting pretty long. What do you guys use? I don't want anything too strong? Like I don't want a gel look? My hair won't be standing up or anything like that, just to make it a little more presentable?

I have no idea what to even look for. So any help is appreciated.

Alucrid

Banned
I didn't want to make a topic on this and thought this the best place to ask.

I haven't used hair products in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. My hair has been short enough that I haven't needed to. However it's getting pretty long. What do you guys use? I don't want anything too strong? Like I don't want a gel look? My hair won't be standing up or anything like that, just to make it a little more presentable?

I have no idea what to even look for. So any help is appreciated.

There's a Men's Hair |OT| that has a lot of information on products in it.
edit: :(

FEIT ain't my thing but they are legit shoes. Some of the boots are iffy from a design perspective but the std sneakers are nice.

I just got my Veronique Branquinho Camper derbys the other day... Look nice, were a little stiff at first, and the laces are quite long for a single eyelet shoe. Otherwise, happy.

r8M2I.jpg

I still want more shoes lol :(

overcast

Holy shit, 1000 dollar jackets.

Why can't I find a slim fit pea coat. I just need one more jacket, I have a casual and leather jacket for the winter. Need a few henleys and button ups and I'm good for a Californian winter. May post pictures here eventually.

Zekes!

They're alright. Never been a fan of zippers on shoes though (and that is one extremely large zipper). I do however, very much like Wings & Horns, so I'm a bit torn.

To be honest, I didn't like the zipper on 'em either for a long time either. I've done a 180 on them though, and now I'm really digging them.

Maybe I'll try to put them out of mind until I have a chance to try them on and see how they fit and look.

I'm also considering picking up the Naked & Famous double sided camo:

http://www.freshnessmag.com/2012/06/26/naked-famous-denim-weird-guy-double-sided-camo/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom