• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFMOORE!

cuevas said:
By that I hope you don't mean wearing half the outfits posted here.

ZING!

I have to admit though, the phrase "dress like an adult" is starting to get stretched very thin around these parts.

entremet

CFMOORE!

wow, that is a loud blazer. structurally it looks somewhat thin in its material. some dark denim or navy slacks and any combination of colors that match the colors in the blazer should look pretty good. though avoid too much red in my opinion.

News Bot said:
Any love for UK-GAF? Any good sites to recommend?

On another note, some really sweet clothes do pop up on eBay a lot.
Isn't ASOS UK-based? They have a pretty good range of brands along with some decent house-label stuff.. Topman occasionally has some decent shit too but I do not understand their obsession with those gross carrot leg drop-crotch trousers.

Ripclawe said:
Van Heusen shirts? Any place cheaper than JC Penny. I love the hell out of them
Aren't they usually on sale practically every month? I do know they have outlet stores, so try there. Can't really get behind their cotton/poly blends.

Visceir

Reneledarker said:
Fashion GAF, recently a friend gave me one of these as a gift: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jack-Spade-NWT-Red-Plaid-Seator-Mens-Blazer-SZ-LG-/120762864564

She said I needed some color in my life, my question is what type of clothe do I need to wear the blazer?

Really dark purple(almost black) shirt aaaand...a light-yellow yellow bowtie! I'd wear it...if it would fit well.

Found this jeans-jacket for 7$ from a second-hand store. I guess this is like the final version of what I posted previously

DSC_0780crpd.jpg

Visceir said:
Really dark purple(almost black) shirt aaaand...a light-yellow yellow bowtie! I'd wear it...if it would fit well.

Found this jeans-jacket for 7$ from a second-hand store. I guess this is like the final version of what I posted previously

[MG]http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa103/gotty_02/DSC_0780crpd.jpg[/IMG]
Not a bad look at all for the cold weather. Nice deal on the jacket. I'm 'mirin

Ripclawe said:
And yea, they're usually on sale at JCP. They do have a VH outlet in Camarillo, though, and last time I went I picked up four of their Studio line [their attempt at "slim fit/modern fit"], and they came out to like $20 a piece. Not bad at all.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
Ripclawe said:
Macy's has them too.

Having problems with mine. The arms seem too blousey. Tailor took the rest in, but I think she said that this was an arm-hole issue. Not sure.

Draft

MutantCyborg said:
I currently wear a Large size shirt, but they feel loose on me, approximately- 42-44 in Chest & 33-34 inch Waist.

Whats the "rule" on hoodies? Should I just go with a large, medium? The hoddies I am looking at are 42-44 Chest, 35-37 Waist, Should I downsize my shirts and get a large hoodie?
It's a hoodie. It's worn before/after the gym, or while sitting on the couch watching football. Wear whatever size you want.

RJNavarrete said:
Wow, I'd never wear that blazer... but my hat goes off to you if you can pull it off. I just can't dig it at all.

Same, but my friend always ask when will I use it, so taking in account my current wardrobe this is the best I can offer (don't laugh):

Foto0297.jpg

Foto0295.jpg

Foto0292.jpg

Forgive the shitty pics.

dudeworld

I think the white shirt in the top pic looks the best out of the three

also, if you watch the office, that blazer looks like something andy bernard would wear.

LordCanti

Reneledarker said:
Same, but my friend always ask when will I use it, so taking in account my current wardrobe this is the best I can offer (don't laugh):

Burn that jacket. With an iron, so you have an excuse not to wear it (and a big iron shaped burn mark to prove that it was indeed an iron's doing.)

Otherwise, yeah, the first is the best.

Doytch

Wonder how it'd look with a black/dark navy V-neck. Not an ultra-V, just a regular. Or a henley.

And I'm shit at any alterations, but making it less structured would be better, imo. Let you push up the sleeves or some shit. Anything to make it more like you don't give a shit.

What's a good place to get decent, cheap, but sturdy solid-color cargo shorts? My sister works at Aero, so I can get some of those really, really cheap but they are pretty bad quality-wise. It maybe Fall, but it's still 90+ degrees outside and I want stuff for work.

Alucrid

Banned
Jake. said:
reneledarker - you dress like a 60yr old who just retired and now wants to take up golf.

I mean, I know it's not his fault, but it's still hilarious. You need one of those straw or whatever weave hats with the band around it.

Oh shit, yeah, like the one in likeaviolin's avatar.

duk said:
i need some nice belts for everyday wear with jeans, can u guys suggest some sites online?
Just get a nice, thick brown leather belt. Tanner goods is nice, but pricey. I got one from Express that looks phenomenal.

duk said:
i need some nice belts for everyday wear with jeans, can u guys suggest some sites online?
I've been happy with torino leather belts. kind of the dressier end of the spectrum but they are pretty good for the price, a good trade-off between high-end shit and the junk you'll find at target. You can get them on zappos or their own site.

duk said:

I go through someone who makes leather goods. His name is unlucky and I can PM you his email. You basically just shoot him an email and tell him what you want and he'll make it for you. You don't pay him till after he finishes and sends you pics of it to make sure it's what you want.

Here's his photobucket - http://s248.photobucket.com/home/unlucky62

bob page

For anyone who likes stuff from Banana Republic, they have a sale right now for 35% off all sale items. Picked up some dress shirts and v-neck sweaters for $60 (which is usually what 1 shirt costs from them).

Doytch

Deadly Cyclone said:
Where do you guys get jeans? I don't want to spend a ton, hopefully $50 or under.
Levis. 514 or 501, depending on what your build is.
Jake. said:
reneledarker - you dress like a 60yr old who just retired and now wants to take up golf.
And this is such a douchebag post, since it's obvious you didn't even read his. Dude's asking for ideas how to make that gifted jacket work.

bob page said:
For anyone who likes stuff from Banana Republic, they have a sale right now for 35% off all sale items. Picked up some dress shirts and v-neck sweaters for $60 (which is usually what 1 shirt costs from them).
Online or in store? Is there a coupon needed? Details, man!

Alucrid

Banned
RapidCancel said:
I go through someone who makes leather goods. His name is unlucky and I can PM you his email. You basically just shoot him an email and tell him what you want and he'll make it for you. You don't pay him till after he finishes and sends you pics of it to make sure it's what you want.

Here's his photobucket - http://s248.photobucket.com/home/unlucky62

I bought a leather bag from him that's top quality. Does he wax the edges of his belts?

Deadly Cyclone said:
Gotta try jeans on mang. I have such an odd build. Could wear anywhere from a 36 to a 40.

Iowa? Good luck brah.

I want to get a nice leather jacket. Something classic looking. Something also not stupidly expensive. 100-200? Is that even possible?

And maybe some decent walk around shoes...I've been wearing some Clarks desert boots but I don't want to wear them out fast.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
Reneledarker said:

Foto0297.jpg
Man, that's tough. Maybe with chinos, the white shirt and a solid navy knit tie?

The problem is that you're going to be self-conscious in it regardless.

cwmartin

Ketchup Boy said:
Would it be bad to dress like this even when you're in school? I'm stuck here for two more years, but I want to start dressing professional already!!! I'm 23 for petes sakes I want to start looking grown!

There's always the one kid* in your advanced level economics course who dresses like he's already landed that fortune 500 corporate gig, and he sticks out badly. So if you gotta be that guy, be him.

*Said kid is currently unemployed, says facebook. Not sticking correlation to causation, just sayin. :)

noire

Unconfirmed Member
cuevas said:
I did and was told to dress like an adult. Ill try the rolled up shorts showing half my thighs with a tank top look next weekend.
You learn what to ignore in this thread. I know that a lot of the styles in here aren't my bag, so I don't comment. It's not that they're bad, just that they're trendier or younger than I'm going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom