• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The new size I got of my Clarks fit much better and rub less. Only odd thing is the color is different from the first pair, and different from the online image. Not bad, but darker.

First pair:

photo.JPG

Second (current) pair:

I assume they still look fine with khaki, and jeans.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I wear a pair of Wallabees that are about the same colors as your Clark's. How do you keep the gum sole clean?

I stopped trying to keep mine clean after like a month of wearing them. I actually like them better with a more worn/broken in look. I think they look better that way with a nice pair of dark jeans.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Look what showed up in the mail yesterday.

2XpOc.jpg

Alden Indy 403.

And no, my jeans aren't as baggy as they appear in that picture.

I got this shirt a month ago

modern-oxford-shirt-moonless-night.jpg

I fucking love it. Its darker in real life but it has a shine similar to raw denim.

I would wear this shirt every day if I could, and if I could find it again, I'd buy five more. I love this shirt.

What are other shirts, with a slim fit, and a similar color/style? Or straight up just black. I only wear dark colors.

I'm also looking for a denim shirt, something similar to this:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...t?ID=716896&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

...but preferably something not as expensive. I'm not cheap, but $165 seems steep to me. Any suggestions?

The new size I got of my Clarks fit much better and rub less. Only odd thing is the color is different from the first pair, and different from the online image. Not bad, but darker.

First pair:

Second (current) pair:

I assume they still look fine with khaki, and jeans.

Does the sizing run small? Have been wanting to pick up a pair.

Mike M

Nick N
Is it my imagination, or has guys wearing closed toe shoes with no socks become a fashion trend? Like... a guy in a three piece suit, but no socks. What a terrible look : /

Alucrid

Banned
Those are some Boss boots right there. Name?
Fiorentini and baker, elf boots.

Cosmic: re boot. Dunno what leather they are but our can use obenaufs lp, though it might darken the color. If you don't want that you can use a leather restorer and then finish off with a neutral wax. To care for them as well without color alteration.

Alucrid

Banned
Do it yourself, but at the next GAF meetup.

It's been a thing for awhile. Less so now that the weather is getting cooler.

only those in the menswear god's favor can go sockless during the winter months

on another note i wore my chinos for the first time in a good...year and a half

Fou-Lu

Since buying my new wardrobe (Well, still lacking in the shoes department, but anyway...) I've had alternating comments of "Looking classy!" and "You look like a hipster." I find it amusing how dressing better makes me a hipster.

Mike M

Nick N
Since buying my new wardrobe (Well, still lacking in the shoes department, but anyway...) I've had alternating comments of "Looking classy!" and "You look like a hipster." I find it amusing how dressing better makes me a hipster.

I've recently started dressing up a bit more (Mostly just blazers and buttoning up my shirts instead of wearing them open over printed T-shirts), and now I'm constantly getting comments on my hats.

Been wearing hats for years now, no one ever said a word. Go figure.

both should be taken as compliments. it's apparently "hipster" to wear anything other than a hoodie and jeans nowadays

just wait til someone calls you gay. that's when you know you've ascended to the highest tier.

coldvein

Banned
if i had a time machine i'd go back and get those boots and some crystal pepsi.

anyway i bought a grey american apparel hoodie today. exciting i know. i sadly lost my university of montana hoodie in some kind of drunken massacre, so fucking bummed.

Alucrid

Banned
if i had a time machine i'd go back and get those boots and some crystal pepsi.

anyway i bought a grey american apparel hoodie today. exciting i know. i sadly lost my university of montana hoodie in some kind of drunken massacre, so fucking bummed.

i stockpiled crystal pepsi cause i'm not stupid

also black lamb 4 zip mdr with silver hardware.

Salazar

Grazie.

Hunting for alternative baller waistcoats. Coming up mostly short.

How much cocaine, incidentally, gets inhaled at Polo Ralph these days ?

park avenue is probably the 'most practical' (no broguing at all), but the difference between that and the 5th ave is so minor I don't think it really matters that much at all.

bob page

What are the most practical Allen Edmonds (that are on sale this week)? Black Fifth Aves?

They're on sale from $335 to $229 this week.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/cati2_Shoes_1_40000000001_-1_1_image_0_N_120552_120552__subcategory
I actually like the design of the Fifth Ave better than the Park but I hear the quality is a tad worse. Black if you're typically more formal, or walnut for more casual occasions. The walnut pairs great with navy and gray pants (where black shoes are more bland for those pant colors)- I tend to not wear black pants so its definitely my color of choice.

AVclub

This seems like the right place to ask. If I'm attending a friend's wedding and am wearing a black suit with a brown vest, what color should my shoes or tie be to match. The shirt will be white, of course.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
This seems like the right place to ask. If I'm attending a friend's wedding and am wearing a black suit with a brown vest, what color should my shoes or tie be to match. The shirt will be white, of course.

Black suit usually means black shoes, though rules are meant for breaking.

what kind of brown? light or dark? and what kind of suit? flannel, etc?

Alucrid

Banned
hmm, in my *head* shoes in the same tone as the vest could be cool, but black shoes would probably be the safest bet. go with a black bow tie.

the MMM 4 stitch logo would be incredible tbh
That's actually pretty awesome. I wonder the tattoo artist would say at four lines lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom