• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob page

20% off any item at H&M:

http://www.hm.com/us/coupon-columbusday

Also, clearing out some stuff from last fall that never fit me:
Prices include shipping (discounts on multiple items)! All clothing items were worn 1-2 times but didn't fit, thus are in great condition.

-Land's End Canvas long sleeve flannel shirt (S, red check): $18
8MXxfh.jpg

-Banana Republic Cotton v-neck sweater (S, heather gray): $18
A5Qtdh.jpg

-Banana Republic Cotton Cashmere v-neck sweater (S, charcoal): $22
GmOx1h.jpg

-Everlane v-neck t-shirt (XS, light yellow): $10
VZLMhh.jpg

-Penguin cap toe oxfords (10M, distressed black): $38

-Penguin cap toe oxfords (10M, walnut): $40

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
EDIT:

Aww H&M doesn't ship in my market.

What about this Banana Republic jacket? It's $30 off...
Not sure whether to go with medium or large though. My waist is about 35 which is the high end of medium, not sure what my chest is...

Guevara

EDIT:

Aww H&M doesn't ship in my market.

What about this Banana Republic jacket? It's $30 off...
Not sure whether to go with medium or large though. My waist is about 35 which is the high end of medium, not sure what my chest is...
I have this jacket or a really similar one from BR. It fits surprisingly slim especially in the arms but I like it. my waist is more like 33-34 and I'm usually a medium. I got this in medium and it fits well over a dress shirt or light sweater.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I have this jacket or a really similar one from BR. It fits surprisingly slim especially in the arms but I like it. my waist is more like 33-34 and I'm usually a medium. I got this in medium and it fits well over a dress shirt or light sweater.

Cool. Ended up ordering it and got a large. My waist is about 35 but I measure my chest and it was like 43, just out of the range. Reviews look pretty great. Can't wait to get it.

Salazar

Would have to fit fairly closely. My sudden affection for yellow clothes bothers me a little. It's the sort of aesthetic spasm associated with pregnancy or some other kind of massive hormonal change.

what kind of overcoat do you have? I'm actually looking for something heavy to wear over a suit when it's really cold.

Found the perfect one in Marks and Spencer the other day. Warm, classy, works well open and closed, looks ace with a wasitcoat and light enough to not drag me down on nights of intense movement.

Only cost me £60 too.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Would have to fit fairly closely. My sudden affection for yellow clothes bothers me a little. It's the sort of aesthetic spasm associated with pregnancy or some other kind of massive hormonal change.

Yellow is a colour best avoid. No room for error.

Anyone ever wear rings? Not talking wedding rings. I'm curious how people pull those off. Same with bracelets or necklaces.

Also anyone got any good links to where I could buy some sandals? Hoping to pick up some cheap ones now that we're heading into winter.

My High School graduation ring has been worn on special occasions. I've lost weight over the years so it's actually too big for the fingers it was designed for. Now I just keep it in the draw. I'm not a fan of rings in general. If and when I got married, I'd gladly wear the wedding band. That actually would be nice. There was a thread a while back about rings on the right middle finger signifying that you're single. Not too many people thought it was a real thing, but I've seen a couple of examples of it in my own life, so who knows if it's a new thing or not...

As for bracelets, I'm one week in to wearing a bracelet on my right wrist. I always have a watch on the left wrist, so it's a different feeling to have something on the right wrist.

Alucrid

Banned
Anyone ever wear rings? Not talking wedding rings. I'm curious how people pull those off. Same with bracelets or necklaces.

Also anyone got any good links to where I could buy some sandals? Hoping to pick up some cheap ones now that we're heading into winter.

ciqup.jpg

probably gonna make one of these around thanksgiving

Aegus

Need shoes to go with this peacoat.

93.jpg

I'm thinking something in the same colour as the markings on the coat itself.

Aegus

Ordered online from a UK store. Dunno if it's worth the cost tbh, but I saw plenty of folk with my spring coat this year so I'm making damn sure I don't see anyone else with the same coat.

bob page

^Nice, where'd you find it?

Uniqlo has some great coats out for fall & winter- definitely better than last year's options. They have a few really nice down ones for $170-200 but I decided to hold off since they usually go on sale after a few months.

Antagon

^Nice, where'd you find it?

Uniqlo has some great coats out for fall & winter- definitely better than last year's options. They have a few really nice down ones for $170-200 but I decided to hold off since they usually go on sale after a few months.

It's from Jack & Jones. Most of their stuff is awful, but this one is surprisingly nice. To be fair, affordable in this case is 200 euros, but still far better then all the 500 euro + coats I find in stores around here.

Won't have it in before friday though, my local store only had it in navy, so my girlfriend picked it up at a place near hers.

Baconbitz

Banned
Looking for a not to exspensive brand of blue jeans. My one requirement is that they are loose fitted. Meaning no skinny blue jeans. The brand of blue jeans I wear doesn't make jeans anymore. Any suggestions?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
cool, thanks man. one day i'll figure out how to do this image based internet detective work. hahah

and of course that coat is more expensive than i'd ever buy. ahhh well. this thread is like a rich fantasy world of what i might ideally wear when i win the lottery. i like it.
I hate it. That is one lovely coat, and it's way, way more than I can afford.

Boken

Banned
H1Te3.jpg

1Mfov.jpg

just ordered this jacket for 300. Its on its way but now i kinda want a rider jacket instead. Arggg what do you guys think?

That jacket is boss. Where did you get it from? I prefer this type of leather jacket over a rider because its much more versatile

You can probably find something similar to that coat from gant rugger, woolrich woolen mills, engineered garments, and whatever pops up in a related search on eBay. It won't be cheap-cheap, but it will be a lot cheaper. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom