• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcdobson

28520_984.fpx

http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/mens-venn-3-in-1-parka?p=28520-0-338

Thoughts? A bit boring, I know, but I'm a fan of the clean look, and I think it'd look nice paired with an interesting scarf.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
JustHadToJoin & Frustrated_me: I'm not home at the moment but when I get back I'll check for you, they gave me a card of their website.

Those Navanti bags are pretty cool by the way!

Antagon

I'm going to join in on the messenger bags. Looking for an affordable one which I want to use as a daypack during a trip next month. Because of that, I like something that isn't too easy to open.

The Rothco classic messenger bag seems pretty nice, except that it uses velcro. Anyone know of any decent alternatives with buckles? There seem to be some Rothco ones, but from what I read those buckles are fake and the bags aren't too great.

Nice, how's the pricing?

Edit: looks like people on Yelp think it's affordable, maybe I'll drop by tomorrow.

Another good place is Benny Louie http://www.yelp.com/biz/louie-benny-new-york

The place itself looks real sketchy, but I took a wool coat there last fall based on a bunch of recommendations from friends and they did an amazing job slimming it up. When I bought it it looked like a wool bag with no shape but now it's perfectly tailored. I think she did it for like $100.

GAF, I'm thinking on getting this:
$(KGrHqIOKk!E3vDn7pk2BOCbw(p)0!~~0_35.JPG

That is a leather replica of Tyler Durden's jacket from Fight Club.
I think it looks cool, what do you guys think?

never shopped there but jay is a helpful dude and they have measurements for their shit.
Yeah, Jay is great. They just relocated 5 minutes from my house and within walking distance from my school. I might run over and raid their warehouse or something.

i luv dat style of jacket but whenever i try one on its fit all bulky as hell. being a little dude i try not to make myself look more miniature with big bulky coats :(.
It's the pockets that make it look bulky. Contemporary designers usually do a pretty good job with MA-1 style jackets and preventing this from happening. Not sure who makes that jacket Alucrid posted, but it looks nice.

Got the Naked and Famous jeans. They didn't have my size in the Weirdguy so I had to get Skinnyguy. Seems to fit well and should loosen up a bit.
Awesome! Great choice, man. You won't be disappointed. I always go with the Weird Guys but I've been considering trying the Skinny Guys.

Awesome! Great choice, man. You won't be disappointed. I always go with the Weird Guys but I've been considering trying the Skinny Guys.

They're pretty damn snug I'm not gonna lie but not like painted on tight. If they loosen even a little bit with some wear then it will be the best fitting pair of pants I've ever had without tailoring. The best part is they actually cost less then the 7's I was gonna get so Style-GAF has come through for me yet again.

They're pretty damn snug I'm not gonna lie but not like painted on tight. If they loosen even a little bit with some wear then it will be the best fitting pair of pants I've ever had without tailoring. The best part is they actually cost less then the 7's I was gonna get so Style-GAF has come through for me yet again.
They'll definitely loosen up. Not by much, but they will, so you should be just fine.

Jet black jeans are the truth.

Zekes!

I've never tried the Skinny Guys but my Weird Guys loosened up quite a bit.

Really need to grab another pair of N&F. I just got the Soft Raws a few weeks back, and I've been eyeing up indigo Skinny Guys at work. Still want the double camo print though...

Yeah, I own four pairs of Naked & Famous jeans, and one bow-tie. Safe to say, they're my favorite brand in men's fashion right now.

That and TOJ is all I need... and Hugo Boss.

GAF, I'm thinking on getting this:
$(KGrHqIOKk!E3vDn7pk2BOCbw(p)0!~~0_35.JPG

That is a leather replica of Tyler Durden's jacket from Fight Club.
I think it looks cool, what do you guys think?
This almost certainly will fall into the "you think you look like... but you actually look like" category. But hey, if you can pull it off, more power to you.

Yoshiya

Saw this picture posted on Bondax' facebook page. Really liked the jacket George is wearing, similar to the one you posted but I I like that color quite a bit more:

Aluna of AlunaGeorge is super pretty.

Late to the jeans discussion, but I completely love my black APC PS selvege. Couldn't recommend them more highly.

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah, Jay is great. They just relocated 5 minutes from my house and within walking distance from my school. I might run over and raid their warehouse or something.

It's the pockets that make it look bulky. Contemporary designers usually do a pretty good job with MA-1 style jackets and preventing this from happening. Not sure who makes that jacket Alucrid posted, but it looks nice.

Raf Simmons!

seems inoffensive enough in that pic, most of the h&m x mmm seems to be just old mmm stuff from what i've seen so far though

Dude, they made imprints into the leather to look like stitching. They look like toy shoes. Then there's the shape of the sole.

Yoshiya

Dude, they made imprints into the leather to look like stitching. They look like toy shoes. Then there's the shape of the sole.
Some of the stitching is clearly real.

Dying for my own adventure in overpriced sneakers to turn up. Monday is too far away.

Alucrid

Banned
Some of the stitching is clearly real.

Dying for my own adventure in overpriced sneakers to turn up. Monday is too far away.

...uh yeah. that still doesn't change the fact that they actually made indentations to imitate stitching instead of, you know, having real stitching. if you're going to pay for baller sneakers pay for baller sneakers not pieces of shit. it's Nov 15.

waywatwj

slim pants are dead

xtBO3l.jpg

Yoshiya

...uh yeah. that still doesn't change the fact that they actually made indentations to imitate stitching instead of, you know, having real stitching. if you're going to pay for baller sneakers pay for baller sneakers not pieces of shit. it's Nov 15.
On second look more of the stitching is fake than I first thought. Weird.

Those are real MMM sneakers right? No wonder you're pissed off, haha.

Alucrid

Banned
On second look more of the stitching is fake than I first thought. Weird.

Those are real MMM sneakers right? No wonder you're pissed off, haha.

I wouldn't have minded if they were actually nice. I probably would've picked up a beater pair myself. The side zips they have aren't half bad so I might even grab a pair of them and dye them at a cobbler.

Yoshiya

I wouldn't have minded if they were actually nice. I probably would've picked up a beater pair myself. The side zips they have aren't half bad so I might even grab a pair of them and dye them at a cobbler.

The only thing I like in the whole collection is that bizarre women's sleeping bag coat.

Oh well I can't buy from H&M anyway.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Alright, at the recommendation of Dr. Feel Good, I went to the stylist here in Ames and it was quite nice. Got a cute girl to do my hair (bonus) and they did the whole wash/massage and it was only a dollar more than my barber (except that I bought some paste).

Result:

Better?

Also, how is this outfit. I was thinking maybe the shirt is a bit too long untucked, but it's a nice Banana Republic button up and it's not black! :p

100% better all around, Cyclone. Combo looks much more put together and the haircut was a very good move.

Hard to tell from the angle, but the shirt does look a little long. You could probably get away with it, but it might looked better tucked in if you're into that. Regardless, glad to see you picked up some color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom