• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShdwDrake

Banned
About to order some shoes... how does GAF feel about Aldo? Also help me decide on which ones...

26_burlson_97_6.jpg

26_dutter_97_6.jpg

I'm feeling the buckles a bit...

Also, good place for gloves for winter? And jackets? I mainly have hoodies...

Deeku

I wish I was interested in a pair of high tops sooner cause then I might've been able to cop these. it hurts just looking at them

Z7r7Vl.jpg
Those are nice lookin! I actually tried on a pair not too long ago (previous season, low top, different panel colours, white + black + blue or aqua I think..) but they looked kinda odd on me. Ended up getting a pair of suede Lanvin sneakers instead.

Alucrid

Banned
Nomura-san will not be pleased with you

Stop reposting those balenciagas gdoddamnit I'm trying to be strong .
Well I ain't happy with him, where's versus? Maybe next gen they can triple the amount of belts and increase the belt physics.

Also you might end up not being able to find them soon enough lol

The flannel/patent ysl sneakers are first in my heart anyway. If they are still at Mario's in Seattle when I go there in a month I might break down.

But really I do not need more shoes but fuck I am weak

Yoshiya

My decidedly less baller (but still extravagant, for me) Missoni Chucks turned up. They're nice. I might post pics tomorrow when it's not dark and I don't have an exam in ten hours.

Antagon

Was pretty affordable as well, 200 Euros. It's Jack and Jones though, so I have to see how it'll hold up. But after a pair of Tellason jeans and Iron Rangers, plus an upcoming Argentine trip I decided to cut my budget a bit.

Was pretty affordable as well, 200 Euros. It's Jack and Jones though, so I have to see how it'll hold up. But after a pair of Tellason jeans and Iron Rangers, plus an upcoming Argentine trip I decided to cut my budget a bit.
How's it put together? I see jack and jones on yoox and etc, and a few things look nice, but I don't know anything about the company.

Antagon

How's it put together? I see jack and jones on yoox and etc, and a few things look nice, but I don't know anything about the company.

Most of the stuff by the company is pretty shitty, it's mostly a cheap brand aimed at teenagers. Lots of clothes plastered with logos. Had a pair of jeans from them in the past that fell apart after half a year or so.

The coat is from their premium line though and finish seems to be ok. Stitching is pretty neat, outer material is ok (70% wool). The leather(?) patches that are used to secure the ropes don't look all that great though, not sure how long those will last. But in the worst case I'll have them replaced by a tailor.

Thanks for all the info on Topman, guys. I figured the quality was nothing to rave about considering the price. I'll probably try a few pieces on in-store to see for myself.

Nice man, really digging that fit. Not crazy about the shoes (maybe it's the angle), but I like the color scheme all around, and the jacket fits nicely.

Antagon

I love that! How does it fit? Looks good to me...can you take some pictures of your own?

Tried to take some pics, but my phone camera is so shitty that it doesn't show much.

Anyway, it's shorter and more fitted then a traditional duffle coat.

Did a quick search, here's a shop with some pics.

http://www.jeansonline.com/en/jack-jones-jacket-12057864-henry-middle-grey-melange-p-29337.html

The arms are a bit on the long side for me (extend to the base of my thumb) but for a casual coat that's ok with me.

bob page

Thanks for all the info on Topman, guys. I figured the quality was nothing to rave about considering the price. I'll probably try a few pieces on in-store to see for myself.

Topman is really hit or miss. Their dress shirts are pretty good and fit slim people well but their outerwear seems H&M-esque.

Alucrid

Banned
I took my own workplace bathroom waywt and my camera sucks ass

h0DIAl.jpg

dress shoes got wet during a sudden shower on the walk home yesterday

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Where should I shop (preferably not too expensive, and online maybe) so I can get good-fitting jeans? My main issue is that I have slightly bigger thighs, so when I get a straight fit jean in my size (around a 35-32) they fit great in the waist and ankle, but they are too tight in the thigh.

I know a few have recommended places before, but I really need to get on some. It's really frustrating to try on 6 pair of jeans and have them fit great but feel like they are strangling my thighs when sitting.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Whats your price range, and what jeans have you tried?

Low for this thread. :p

Probably from 0 to $50 or $60 max as I'd like to grab a few pairs. Tried a bunch of Levis, and other random mall brands. The Levis are what I wear now, but I have to wear 36's so the thighs fit which means wearing a belt too.

fat pat

Low for this thread. :p

Probably from 0 to $50 or $60 max as I'd like to grab a few pairs. Tried a bunch of Levis, and other random mall brands. The Levis are what I wear now, but I have to wear 36's so the thighs fit which means wearing a belt too.

which fits have you tried in levis?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
which fits have you tried in levis?

At work now, so I don't remember the number that I own (might be the 505), but I tired most of the straight fit variants. I like to have the ankle a bit narrower, but the fit I have to find always seems more akin to a baggier style of jean, which I don't want.

Don't think I tried the regular taper though (508), maybe I'll order a pair and see how they fit.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005QHR5AK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

bob page

Tempted by a Uniqlo duffle coat, but can't quite bring myself to bite the bullet. Thoughts?

35_073867.jpg
08_073867.jpg

It's good if you're larger. If you're slim or short, it might be way too large. I got one in XS last year and it was a bit too large for me (150lbs, 6'0). I was swimming in a S.

The quality and construction were good though, even though I didn't really like the off-center toggles.

HTuran

Alucrid said:
I've read that the uniqlo duffle is pretty shitty
Haven't had a chance to check it in person. What did you hear?

It's good if you're larger. If you're slim or short, it might be way too large. I got one in XS last year and it was a bit too large for me (150lbs, 6'0). I was swimming in a S.

The quality and construction were good though, even though I didn't really like the off-center toggles.

Cheers for the heads up, I'm a pretty similar height/build (5'11, 155). Might have to wait and try one next time I'm in London. Wish they had measurements...

Alucrid

Banned
Haven't had a chance to check it in person. What did you hear?

Cheers for the heads up, I'm a pretty similar height/build (5'11, 155). Might have to wait and try one next time I'm in London. Wish they had measurements...

Heard the fabric was terrible. Only quality wool outerwear is the UU parka apparently.

Uh...uniqlo UK does have measurements. I just seeen em

HTuran

Heard the fabric was terrible. Only quality wool outerwear is the UU parka apparently.

Uh...uniqlo UK does have measurements. I just seeen em

Oh sweet, completely missed that button on the right. Was looking in the product info area.

At this point I'll probably just go in store and see for myself. Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom