• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks!

Shoes are these. Red Wing 8138
trc-redwing8138.jpg
Ah, I see. Not crazy about the soles personally, but nice job playing up the color with a white pocket square. Overall, solid outfit.

Reminds me that they have the gradient coat on yoox. What y'all think

http://www.yoox.com/us/41304498QX/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=41304498QX&sizeId=
Okay now that's nice. A lot of MMM stuff is a little too obscure for my taste, but I would definitely wear something like that.

Tempted by a Uniqlo duffle coat, but can't quite bring myself to bite the bullet. Thoughts?

35_073867.jpg
08_073867.jpg

Heard the fabric was terrible. Only quality wool outerwear is the UU parka apparently.

Uh...uniqlo UK does have measurements. I just seeen em

I saw it in person when I was in NYC. It was... to be honest, it felt as soft as a fleecy bathrobe than something I could see handling winter elements, probably as protective too. Definitely unimpressed with it.

You'd probably be better off buying one of their other jackets really.

coldvein

Banned
checkin out some of these black rivet jackets..i would look like such a pimp in some of these..i'm just scared, manshion gaf. i'm scared.

like a "jacket" for me is a fleece or hoodie plus my marmot windbreaker. if i get some thing with epaulets and buttons zippers etc, what will become of me

checkin out some of these black rivet jackets..i would look like such a pimp in some of these..i'm just scared, manshion gaf. i'm scared.

like a "jacket" for me is a fleece or hoodie plus my marmot windbreaker. if i get some thing with epaulets and buttons etc, what will become of me

This is me in reverse. I bought more formal outerwear jackets and then decided on buying a jacket for going snowboarding and such last year.

Still, I'm always looking for more jackets - I think they're my weakness along with jeans and t-shirts.

...I'm starting to dream about that Barbour jacket, even debating on getting the zip-in liner to go along with a hood attachment. Ugh.

Violater

like a "jacket" for me is a fleece or hoodie plus my marmot windbreaker. if i get some thing with epaulets and buttons zippers etc, what will become of me

The pocket placement on some of them is just not functional.

Zekes!

Thinking about shopping for some dress shoes, but I might have to wait until next time I'm in Vancouver seeing as I can't find anything decent here in town. Major pain too because I wear a size 7 and a lot of shops don't carry that small.

Anybody have any idea where to get good quality v-necks and plain tees that don't stretch out after you wear them for 10 minutes?
I've been really happy with J Crew's shirts, albeit the crewneck ones. I've yet to try the v-necks, though they're the same material/cut so I imagine the same result.

fat pat

Ah, I see. Not crazy about the soles personally, but nice job playing up the color with a white pocket square. Overall, solid outfit.

Okay now that's nice. A lot of MMM stuff is a little too obscure for my taste, but I would definitely wear something like that.

I think a tweedyish patch pocket jacket would work better with those shoes, fat pat.

Still, looks nice.

Thanks guys. Tweed and Navy Blazer are going to be the next few things i buy. I just started wearing jackets and really really like it.

These are the next pair of Red Wings I want to pick up

I love these boots. comfy, sturdy, hoping to have them forever.

Also, picked up a couple things tonight.

85366_92_1_20.jpg

This jacket
pLEVI1-12944888t500x607.jpg

careful

Saw these on reddit.

v5gALh.jpg

They're supposedly Clark Desert Boots Grey Leather but with Sno-Seal and some wearing. They look nothing like all the other pictures I've seen though.
Linky
He changed the laces to leather laces. Also that leg opening looks pretty small (like 7" or less) so they show off the boots nicely. Definitely a nice way to rock them.
I wear mines with pinched cuffed casual chinos pretty often. I find it gives off a military/country side vibe to the look.

Zeppelin

I'm thinking of maybe picking up a duffle from Gloverall for this winter. They're probably going out of fashion over here but I'm really not that trend sensitive. Anyone got any experience with Gloverall? The fit doesn't look all that slim.

It's either that or a pea coat. Anyone got any suggestions there? Preferably a navy one and from a brand I can find in Europe.

Antagon

I'm thinking of maybe picking up a duffle from Gloverall for this winter. They're probably going out of fashion over here but I'm really not that trend sensitive. Anyone got any experience with Gloverall? The fit doesn't look all that slim.

It's either that or a pea coat. Anyone got any suggestions there? Preferably a navy one and from a brand I can find in Europe.

Haven't got any experience with them, but from what I've heard most coats by Gloverall are oversized. Traditional duffle coats almost always are. The Mid Monty seems to be a bit more fitted compared to the other coats though.

Aegus

I got this last year in the navy.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004YK0944/

Coat was cool until I scrolled down. Bleh. Kva and golden goose did the uneven hem thing for a bit of time, never understood it. :/

Tho the rest of the stuff looks pretty nice.

Reminds me that they have the gradient coat on yoox. What y'all think

http://www.yoox.com/us/41304498QX/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=41304498QX&sizeId=

looks nice! has all the h&m x mmm stuff been revealed? if not it might be worth waiting until next month, it's all meant to be made by mmm anyway so construction shouldn't be an issue and ought to be considerably cheaper

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Here's that Banana Republic coat I got. Still having issues getting my hair in that messy look like the stylist did, plus the paste she gave me gives a bit of a shine and it looks a bit oily. Not sure if I like that.

Zilch

Banned
TWICE this week I have realized my fly was down while on a crowded rush hour subway train. You can't just grab your crotch and adjust yourself in a situation like that (plus I usually have a coffee in one hand). Nightmarish.

coldvein

Banned
hello fashionista friends

so i generally wear levis 514s and i've been thinking about going to something just sliiiiiiiiightly skinnier...i'm looking at their website..do i go down to like "513 Slim Jeans"? "511 skinny jeans"? i suck at this, please advise.

so i generally wear levis 514s and i've been thinking about going to something just sliiiiiiiiightly skinnier...i'm looking at their website..do i go down to like "513 Slim Jeans"? "511 skinny jeans"? i suck at this, please advise.

511 is probably going to be too skinny of a fit for your taste.

Here's that Banana Republic coat I got. Still having issues getting my hair in that messy look like the stylist did, plus the paste she gave me gives a bit of a shine and it looks a bit oily. Not sure if I like that.
Still gotta work on the hair (cut is good just need to get better with styling). Also, I agree with mac, not crazy about the black on black.

Black/black is a surprisingly hard combo to pull off. You generally need different shades and/or material to do it.

I haven't actively worn Levi's in years, but I hear good things about the 513s. If I were to buy a pair of Levi's today they'd be them.

UraMallas

Use Crew Fiber. It's got a blue label. Slick you hair up and back and then pat it down lightly on the top and comb it with your fingers more on the sides. Maybe it won't work for your hair (I have curly hair) but it's worth a shot.

any recommendations on raw denim? i love the fit of my levi 513's, but it's only been a year and i'm getting a few tears on my first pair. a friend recommended to me 501 raw denims, but i'm not too sure about the fit.

Zekes!

513's are exactly what you want

any recommendations on raw denim? i love the fit of my levi 513's, but it's only been a year and i'm getting a few tears on my first pair. a friend recommended to me 501 raw denims, but i'm not too sure about the fit.

I don't have any experience with raw Levis, but I wouldn't bother. The 501 is the classic Levi regular fit, by the way. Plus there's better options out there when it comes to raw denim.

See if any shops near you carry Naked & Famous and try their Weird Guy fit, which has a tapered leg. There's also the Slim Guy which is a slim straight leg, but I find most places only carry Weird Guys/Skinny Guys. N&F start at around $130 are definitely worth the money.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Can a guy wear a cable-knit trench? Designers seem to focus them mainly at women, but I sort of fell in love with one -- in a grey-ish purple color, no less.

Not sure I even care if I'd be allowed to rock something like this since it's pretty swell and fashion rulez r dum.

coldvein

Banned
Can a guy wear a cable-knit trench? Designers seem to focus them mainly at women, but I sort of fell in love with one -- in a grey-ish purple color, no less.

Not sure I even care if I'd be allowed to rock something like this since it's pretty swell and fashion rulez r dum.

only if you wear it with flip flops.

Zekes!

do whatever you want homie. If you think you can rock it, rock it. I kind of want to see a pic though.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Didn't buy it yet, but will probably do so on in between school and work tomorrow. Worth taking a chance on, I think.

Also got inspired to try doing something with a sweater after seeing some pics in the kpop thread, haha. We'll see how it turns out...

sure, why not? pics tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom