• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Got my Levis in the mail, the tapered fit ones. They fit (might be even a bit too big in the waist, which is crazy since it's a 34 and I was in 38s a year ago) but I'm still getting used to them.

They feel great standing up, and when they said narrow leg opening they meant it, but they are still fairly tight when sitting around my thighs. Not as bad as past jeans though. Think they will stretch in that area? Is there a good way to stretch the thighs a bit?

Also have to get used to how narrow the opening is, my shoes look like clown shoes to me because the jeans don't cover them near as much now. :p

zethren

Banned
Jeans stretch and adjust to your body type, yep.

Pics would be great.

I know I said I'd take a picture of my pea coat the other day, but I fell asleep after work and now I'm out of town without it ;P. /excuses

Alucrid

Banned
I'd take pics but I leave before the sun is out and get back when the sun is gone. I should invest in a white backdrop and professional photography lights.

Alucrid

Banned
We should all step our waywt equipment. Gonna get a large format camera.

At least for big purchases (ToJ cough cough) I'll just have my film major roommate take pictures for me. He knows exposure and shutter speed and shit unlike my other useless roommates who can only play instruments or some shit. I'll even do them outside!

Davidion

This Yoox place...ugh, too many things to buy.

I'm loving these...

http://www.yoox.com/us/41299774OE/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=41299774OE&sizeId=5
http://www.yoox.com/us/41291517XO/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=41291517XO&sizeId=

41299774oe_12_f.jpg
41291517xo_12_f.jpg

Heh, can't wait to see reseller pricing. Lanvin h&m lace ups were usually $300+, viktor and Rolf h&m was usually almost as expensive as the mainline heh.

Sometimes I go on Yoox then stop because I don't understand how to find shit on Yoox.
They've gotten much better with item descriptions as of late. Early yoox was like rummaging through a bin.

Alucrid

Banned
Heh, can't wait to see reseller pricing. Lanvin h&m lace ups were usually $300+, viktor and Rolf h&m was usually almost as expensive as the mainline heh.

They've gotten much better with item descriptions as of late. Early yoox was like rummaging through a bin.

Yeah, I'll stop in at my local one at lunch and see if they got anything. If they don't, well I'll just go with the real deal lol.

Yeah, don't even bother trying on mobile. I can't even scroll through my saved items without a headache.

Best way to find stuff is locate an item with a description that matches what you want (ie "spread", "sueded", "tartan" "elasticized"etc) and search using the term you want. The trick is to use just a single word search and then specify a category.

Alucrid

Banned
Ordered a few ASOS scoop necks cause someone recommended them. Fabric is bleh, fit is weird, not sure I like scoop necks. I think I'll stick to loose crew necks ala my silent / alexander wang shirt. Only out ~30 though, so whatever.

Got my Levis in the mail, the tapered fit ones. They fit (might be even a bit too big in the waist, which is crazy since it's a 34 and I was in 38s a year ago) but I'm still getting used to them.

They feel great standing up, and when they said narrow leg opening they meant it, but they are still fairly tight when sitting around my thighs. Not as bad as past jeans though. Think they will stretch in that area? Is there a good way to stretch the thighs a bit?

Also have to get used to how narrow the opening is, my shoes look like clown shoes to me because the jeans don't cover them near as much now. :p
Sounds like they fit right.

the hidden button packets on th sleeve might prove to be an issue, costume national did that a couple years back and adjusting it was a bit hack-y. Unless you're the right length of course.

Alucrid

Banned
the hidden button packets on th sleeve might prove to be an issue, costume national did that a couple years back and adjusting it was a bit hack-y. Unless you're the right length of course.

They have measurements over at neighbour and they're good. Alternatively I could pick up the UU wool blended jacket and maybe see if this one makes it to sales...

Alucrid

Banned
Probably, his formal stuff doesn't seem to set the world on fire. I'm thinking of getting the begonia/leaf combo, myself. Thankfully the jacket only has one button so moving it up won't be much of an issue. 27" sleeve is like 2" inches too long hah.

http://suspensionpoint.ca/blazer-begonia
http://suspensionpoint.ca/trousers-leaf

I hate how small trousers always have too large a waist for me. I'm also looking for some trousers that are loose in the thigh then go to a decent taper at the knee.

Yeah I need to contact them cuz I have a suspicion that the thigh is gonna be like 9" across on these heh. The rise is already kind of on the low side. Worst comes to worst ill just take the jacket.

fat pat

Sounds like they fit pretty good, except maybe the waist, but thats up to you.

Yea, jeans will stretch out and fit you better with time. If you want to hurry that process up, soak em in warm water, put em on wet and squat or sit down, make your thighs as big as possible.

bob page

I got a Uniqlo Tasmanian wool slim blazer yesterday and sized down, which fits great. Only thing I'm concerned about is the sleeve length- not sure if this is too short. Most modern tailors I've heard from say to show 0.5" of linen once the jacket sleeve ends but I wasn't sure if this was a bit much.

4QYhSl.jpg

coldvein

Banned
http://www.yoox.com/us/41285012PU/i...sts=sr_clothingmen80&cod10=41285012PU&sizeId=

This is pretty dope. I'll track some shit down lata hah. Flip through Asos too, lots of not expensive stuff that err on the slim fit s I've of things.

Also if you're into boarding bookmark Isaora. A little spendy at full price but usually gets nicely discounted at the tail end of the season.

i dig it but the furriness is a little intimidating. i like the price tho. i will have to consider this carefully..

^^^zerofire, do it

I got a Uniqlo Tasmanian wool slim blazer yesterday and sized down, which fits great. Only thing I'm concerned about is the sleeve length- not sure if this is too short. Most modern tailors I've heard from say to show 0.5" of linen once the jacket sleeve ends but I wasn't sure if this was a bit much.

4QYhSl.jpg
Sleeves are a little short, but not too short in my opinion. Besides, I've seen a lot of designers emphasize a shorter sleeve to show off more cuff lately, so if anything it just looks current.

Here's some jeans pics.
Not bad. They certainly look better than what you've described in the past. Not sure if it's how you're wearing them but the crotch looks unusually low.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Not bad. They certainly look better than what you've described in the past. Not sure if it's how you're wearing them but the crotch looks unusually low.

It's the picture, the crotch is about right.

Heading to the mall in a bit to grab some polos and plain T's. Need more to wear with these jeans, and in general.

Got a link to that article? And nah yoox has them 400 a lot, sales, etc

sorry, was out earlier. here's where i read about the manufacturing of the collection: http://hypebeast.com/forums/general-fashion-discussion/183501/?topic_page=1

he collection will be using the same manufacturer as the original collections Margiela normally brings to his stores, it seems we'll only be paying less but getting the same quality

i need to bookmark yoox, i keep forgetting that place exists and just go to retail or mr.porter

also can someone explain how dior sizing for jeans works? i'm usually a 28 or 29 but with dior 31 fits me perfectly while normally with size 30 i'd need a belt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom