• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the picture, the crotch is about right.

Heading to the mall in a bit to grab some polos and plain T's. Need more to wear with these jeans, and in general.

hey i dont know if you saw, but the levi's website is having a 30% off everything free shipping sale through the 22nd. you might want to see if you can get a better deal on the jeans you just bought.

edit: old news. beaten by a day lol

Alucrid

Banned
sorry, was out earlier. here's where i read about the manufacturing of the collection: http://hypebeast.com/forums/general-fashion-discussion/183501/?topic_page=1

i need to bookmark yoox, i keep forgetting that place exists and just go to retail or mr.porter

also can someone explain how dior sizing for jeans works? i'm usually a 28 or 29 but with dior 31 fits me perfectly while normally with size 30 i'd need a belt

same quality, lower price? yeah...

gnYo1l.jpg

i hope waypoetic sees this and thinks that we're more than just suits. i have suits in my closet though.

bowery

yay got a black belstaff coat for 350 at woodbury such a steal its sold out on mr porter for 850 in the size i bought also

Watching 10,000+ people walk past your office wearing North Face/university colours fleece, yoga pants/jeans + uggs/sneakers is a bit disconcerting.

lol you poor fools

Old navy has UGGs now.*

They aren't going anywhere.

*hey I got a duffle coat for the kid don't judge me

The good news is the girls who care about fashion and know what they're doing are all now wearing form fitting boots. Good way to tell who is serious about their style and who is following forgotten fads.

There's a girl that wears UGGs to my gym. They're all over campus.

And I agree 100% with MiD. Very easy to tell a woman's taste in fashion/style just by looking at her shoes.

The good news is the girls who care about fashion and know what they're doing are all now wearing form fitting boots. Good way to tell who is serious about their style and who is following forgotten fads.

Yeah its definitely not possible that some people actually like uggs.

Alucrid

Banned
Here's the look for today. My toque (beanie for you Americans) had a pom-pom on it but you can't see it :(

I still think this and the last fit you posted would be better sans the scarf thing.

Just kop'd

http://www.billyreid.com/store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/556x/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/2/0/203.1967-navy-1.jpg[IMG]

[URL="http://www.billyreid.com/product/peacoat-navy-7.html"]Billy Reid Bond Peacoat[/URL][/QUOTE]

leather details made me cringe a bit

Here's the look for today. My toque (beanie for you Americans) had a pom-pom on it but you can't see it :(
Sweet mother of christ Zekes, if that's your closet then I have an extreme jealous bone to pick with you.

I dig that outfit a lot though. I'd like to see it without the scarf, but even with it I think it's awesome.

On a side note, I saw a guy at Nordstrom's rocking those same N&F camo pants, but in a totally different way (w/ blazer). It was some straight Nick Wooster shit. They're way more versatile than I realized. Wish I could pull them off.

Facial hair isn't doing it for me but I'm super biased cuz I look like shit with it.

I think I'm gonna start dressing cybergoth now. GG manshion peeps, see you around.

Zekes!

I still think this and the last fit you posted would be better sans the scarf thing.

The last the fit for sure, but you ain't feeling it with the camo jeans? Bro...:(

Sweet mother of christ Zekes, if that's your closet then I have an extreme jealous bone to pick with you.

I dig that outfit a lot though. I'd like to see it without the scarf, but even with it I think it's awesome.

On a side note, I saw a guy at Nordstrom's rocking those same N&F camo pants, but in a totally different way (w/ blazer). It was some straight Nick Wooster shit. They're way more versatile than I realized. Wish I could pull them off.

Nice fit.

Thanks guys. Actually one of my first ideas was to pull out one of my blazers; unfortunately I need to pick up some new ones 'cause mine are all shit/don't fit properly so I ain't rocking that look any time soon :(. Definitely playing around with different outfit ideas in my head 'cause these are gonna be a staple in my wardrobe for a while yet. That Weird Guy fit + the fabric make them incredibly comfortable.

On a side note I'm not wearing my scarf today, but I look like a straight up hipster so

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I like the jeans AND the scarf, Zekes. Camo isn't something that works on me (I've tried) but is always neat to see on someone who rocks it proper.

I've been super busy and haven't had a chance to take pics of the knit trench-y thing, but I do like it and am going to have to plan out some real specific times/outfits to wear it with. Definitely not an everyday sort of thing. Also, I am wearing a bowtie tonight.

New shirt. Attempting to grow hair longer, and facial hair. Never done either before. How we looking?
I dig the facial hair, man. You might try shaving the goatee connectors since they look a little thin there, but otherwise I think it suits you.

As for the outfit, looks decent. I'm more partial to brown belts than I am black, but that depends on your shoes. I do think brown shoes would work better with that combo though. Also, iron your shirt. Otherwise it's fine.

Timberland-Black-620.png

I'm looking for some winter boots and I'm partial to anything that isn't leather and completely black. Kinda going for the Tim look, but do you guys know of any other similar ones?

I dig the facial hair, man. You might try shaving the goatee connectors since they look a little thin there, but otherwise I think it suits you.

As for the outfit, looks decent. I'm more partial to brown belts than I am black, but that depends on your shoes. I do think brown shoes would work better with that combo though. Also, iron your shirt. Otherwise it's fine.

Belts brown, light filter makes it look black. I can't really stand black belts unless it's with dress pants. I'll work on the facial hair and keep updated, I thought maybe if I just keep waiting something might grow for the connectors but it's been a solid month now...

Aegus

I'm starting to think that buying clothes for work is harder than outside work.

Any gaffers recommend some brands or stores? (UK)

robox

i'm needing some boots for the wet season. thinking of scavenging ross et marshalls for... something. just whatever looks decent to good. i've no idea what to look for.

Zekes!

What do you guys think about Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66's?

Good casual shoe with blue jeans?

http://www.pickyourshoes.com/images/uploaded/ASHL202-9011_thum2___13547.jpg
http://www.pickyourshoes.com/images/uploaded/ASD01LK-5065_thum2___19021.jpg

Also, any recommendations as well?

I'm more partial to the Onitsuka Tiger Ultimate 81's, but that might be because I own a pair.

I like the jeans AND the scarf, Zekes. Camo isn't something that works on me (I've tried) but is always neat to see on someone who rocks it proper.

I've been super busy and haven't had a chance to take pics of the knit trench-y thing, but I do like it and am going to have to plan out some real specific times/outfits to wear it with. Definitely not an everyday sort of thing. Also, I am wearing a bowtie tonight.

Thanks yo. I'm looking forward to the pics of the outfits you come up with.

Shiv47

I already had today off, and when I got my shipping notice from ToJ last week, I thought, "awesome, I'll be home to sign for it and everything on Monday." The result? Customs is holding my package for "other" reasons, more than a day after they got it. Douchebags.

jokkir

Where do you get that kind of scarf? And if anyone else knows, where can I get an extremely large wooly looking scarf? I see a lot of people wearing it but I have no idea where to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom