• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
Ascot or Parisian style.

I just got a scarf today as well.

i dunno it's like this and is 44 inches long

H3zWdl.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
Just a heads up, uniqlo US online store is up and running.

The blue color is sold out, but their made in Japan slim fit jeans are a pretty good deal and the fit and quality are great:

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-made-in-japan-slim-fit-jeans/073553-06-036

Also, not sure if the men's flannel is the same quality since I own the women's version, but their flannels are nice and warm and on sale!

From what I hear men's flannel is pretty good. A lot of stuff is sold out on the site though.

LordCanti

So I received that UO jacket that was posted a few pages back for a birthday gift... I like it but I think it might be a little too small... Thoughts?

Looks ok to me. I think that type of jacket is supposed to be a little fitted. Why do you think it's too small? Are you able to zip it up and still move your arms around?

It's like...impossible to find a nice form fitting jacket these days that doesn't cost an insane amount. Where do you guys usually go? Or do you buy online? Specifics, now, chopchop. I live in Canada btw. And yes I know they're out there but I can't seem to find the one.

zomg I just picked up some Unbranded jeans from UO today - my first pair of raw selvedge denim. And holy shit let me you. They are awesome. So stiff though, gatdam.

Zekes!

Where do you get that kind of scarf? And if anyone else knows, where can I get an extremely large wooly looking scarf? I see a lot of people wearing it but I have no idea where to buy it.

Tube scarves seem more common for women (though mine is mens) so just keep an eye out. You kind of just get lucky with length; I love long scarves too but find them hard to find as well.

So I received that UO jacket that was posted a few pages back for a birthday gift... I like it but I think it might be a little too small... Thoughts?

I agree that the sleeves are a bit short

I think it's meant to be a bit small that way when you wear a shirt underneath it sticks out a bit. At least that's what the model pics had.

mblitek

What's the big deal with Uniqlo? I don't understand GAF's obsession with it. Not putting it or GAF down, just never understood it.

Alucrid

Banned
What's the big deal with Uniqlo? I don't understand GAF's obsession with it. Not putting it or GAF down, just never understood it.

cheap essentials. underwear and socks are decent, probably better than other store brands. uu sweats are the dopest motherfucking things ever to come from them though

Rookje

Its decent quality stuff at H&M prices. You use it similar as AA, just for basics.

That said... I really like their navajo stuff. Very RRL.

Zilch

Banned

What the other 2 guys said... plus up until now it's only been available in NYC so there's been this mythology created around it.

Puddles

Banned
Can any of you guys recommend good closet fresheners? I have these shitty closets that are just painted wood. Anything I leave in there for more than a few weeks starts to smell noticeably musty, even if it's hanging up.

Can any of you guys recommend good closet fresheners? I have these shitty closets that are just painted wood. Anything I leave in there for more than a few weeks starts to smell noticeably musty, even if it's hanging up.
cedar hangars will help. but what we had to do at a house once was take everything out and wipe all the closet surfaces down with clorox wipes and things like that. sometimes closets just get a funky smell, and odor maskers/absorbers don't really fix it.

Tess3ract

Banned
"GAF's Obsession"? There is a world outside of gaf that says the same shit you know. It's people that have shopped at Uniqlo.

bob page

Classier, more minimal version of H&M with cheap prices & generally good fit that caters towards the slim & trendy city folk.

A4d5fOTCMAAzr1S.jpg

Uniqlo San Fran :p

Yep. I went there after work on the day it opened, even when it was nearly 6pm they still had us line up to go inside. And yes, there were tons of middle-aged Asian women still waiting in line to get in when I got in line.

Still, thought it was kinda cool that they blocked off that portion of the street so that people could line up.

bowery

damn why is it so hard to get a pair of mmm sneakers in 43.......hit up the margiela store in the west village and their whole line of sneakers were basically gone in my size

While we're on the subject of shoes, is there such a thing as comfortable dress shoes? If so, where would be a place to look for them? (reasonably priced of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom