• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a new pair of shoes. What do y'all think?
Not bad. I'd have to see that two-tone heel in action before I decide whether I like it or not.

While we're on the subject of shoes, is there such a thing as comfortable dress shoes? If so, where would be a place to look for them? (reasonably priced of course)
Aren't Allen Edmonds supposed to be quite comfortable? I've never actually owned a pair. I know you said reasonably priced, but they're actually quite affordable if you catch them on a sale (~$150). That and the quality you'll get for the price is unmatched.

Musan

The problem I have with Allen Edmonds is that my heel slips whenever I wear them. Getting a narrower shoe just makes everything else too tight. Guess that means I have narrow heels. Also, they require some time to break in until they got really comfortable, those things are built like tanks.

Shiv47

I have two pair of Allen Edmonds (one Strand, one Bradstreet), and they've both felt great from the start. One pair is a half size larger than the other, as I was getting some heel slippage at my normal size. I'd recommend them, especially as you'll get full value for your money.

Aguirre

mod-shoes-ymc-desert-boots.jpg

desert boots for you men is pretty much an ageless fashion.

T.O.P

Banned
New Prada Shoes and Gucci baseball hat

jDxKW0uelldE6.jpg

j7xJpgB3msPy.jpg

Spent a shitload of money last weekend on clothing but these two are my favs by far

oh i mostly wanted something for the rain. it's pretty rare to get snow here and when it does it kinda kills the public transport so getting into work isn't possible ;p grats on the new wallet btw, looks nice!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What's a good boot for winter that does well in snow, slush, etc.?

Also, where can I find a good jacket similar to this, but minus the logos and patches?

Aegus

Picked up some Norse Projects knitted tops, t-shirt and a scarf yesterday. Shop I go to I one I found recently and I've picked up so much stuff from there that the manager is giving me discounts already.

Time to layer up like the Michelin man.

coldvein

Banned
speaking of levi's... i usually buy mine at the sears down sowf.. but i wanted to buy some 513s and they dont sell them. they were like "there's a levis store downtown" i looked it up apparently its closed. wtf.

I understand why Comme des Garcons, Versace and now Margiela do these H&M collections and don't underestimate the sheer amount of publicity each collaboration brings, but do they really think that a couple of items from these lines (of what amount to officially sanctioned replicas) will be enough to convince somebody who routinely pays £100 for a jacket to suddenly pay £1000 for a jacket?
Surely that doesn't actually happen..... does it?

I think Armani does it well in this sense by having the budget Exchange line.
It enables the company to cater to a far wider demographic but still keeps this line distinctly removed enough from others as to not hurt the companies image overall.
Wouldn't this ultimately be preferable to doing a 'knock-off' line with H&M?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom