• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegus

There's about 3 decent shops in my city. Used to be 4, but they've went Diesel mad.

Also ordered my first pair of APC jeans just now. Hoping they fit.

It's like a jack threads that doesn't suck all the time
man, they all kind of suck now. myhabit occasionally gets some good stuff, but gilt was pretty much built on the industry recession and now they don't have diddly shit (for the most part)

at least it's not superbland like belle & clive, I regret signing up for that shit.

I would be selling my body but I don't think I could bring in the money needed to supply my lavish lifestyle. Anyone got thoughts on this shirt?

http://www.varia-curiosa.com/creations/98-florium-white-pocket-tee.html

Also, if I were to buy this watch what are limitations on what I can wear with it

019-17.jpg

I'm not a big fan of that t-shirt. The cut seems too boxy. I'm not a big fan of men wearing white t-shirts overall (unless it's Ryan Gosling -- but he can wear nothing and still look good) because most of the time it's too sheer. No one wants to see man-nipplage.

The watch would look good under button up shirt sleeves. If you mostly dress casual, I'd think the bracelet is too dressy to go with something like a t-shirt. If you switch out the bracelet for a leather band or nato strap, it would look great. Examples:

orientblue7109c.jpg

Or this: http://s34.beta.photobucket.com/use...?filters[term]=recent&filters[primary]=images

Or this (different watch):
atlasc.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
man, they all kind of suck now. myhabit occasionally gets some good stuff, but gilt was pretty much built on the industry recession and now they don't have diddly shit (for the most part)

at least it's not superbland like belle & clive, I regret signing up for that shit.
True, Myhabit silent sale was disappointing.

I'm not a big fan of that t-shirt. The cut seems too boxy. I'm not a big fan of men wearing white t-shirts overall (unless it's Ryan Gosling -- but he can wear nothing and still look good) because most of the time it's too sheer. No one wants to see man-nipplage.
yeah, this is why I can't wear white tees... looks like i'm smuggling burned out lightbulbs.

coldvein

Banned
i wear white t shirts all the time, love them, they are the best. maybe if its really wet and im in a t shirt you might catch some hairy nipple shadow but otherwise i dont think its a problem.

i totally disagree with the idea that people dont want to see man nipplage, anyway.

i wear white t shirts all the time, love them, they are the best. maybe if its really wet and im in a t shirt you might catch some hairy nipple shadow but otherwise i dont think its a problem.

i totally disagree with the idea that people dont want to see man nipplage, anyway.

The only white shirts I ever wear have graphics so my nipples are concealed. Plain white shirts are just so bland and revealing.

coldvein

Banned
i'm tellin y'all my nips are not visible. why wont you believe me!!!

as for bland..? meh. i think they look classic. better than a white shirt with a graphic or something imo.

coldvein

Banned
i think some people might just SEE nipples in white t shirts that actually arent there, like an optical illusion .. they want to see nipples so little dark circles appear

I rarely wear a t-shirt as a standalone item unless it's the summer and I'm lazy. They mostly serve as layering purposes for me.

Even then, I don't think I've ever had problems with nipping or anything of that nature. Do you guys not wear undershirts?

coldvein

Banned
i think illusory nipples is a true phenomenon. your mind painting a picture of what your eye cant see, but that your mind knows is there, and then influencing your sight.

i know this has happened to me while creepily looking at boobs before .. like i'm imagining the nipple, and then for a second i think i can actually see it, and then i'm like naahhhh there's no nipple there

in summary, beware of illusory nipples

bowery

i dont get japanese streetwear brands like white mountaineering, undercover, visvim etc, some of the prices rival famed french fashion houses but they have like 1/10th of the reputation so why

Alucrid

Banned
i dont get japanese streetwear brands like white mountaineering, undercover, visvim etc, some of the prices rival famed french fashion houses but they have like 1/10th of the reputation so why

japanese technical fabric

that said going by price isn't the most useful indicator

smaller production

and it's not like a lot of high end fashion houses make stellar, mind-bending rtw across the board. givenchy in particular is so out of wack re: pricing.

I rarely wear a t-shirt as a standalone item unless it's the summer and I'm lazy. They mostly serve as layering purposes for me.

Even then, I don't think I've ever had problems with nipping or anything of that nature. Do you guys not wear undershirts?

I think this is the problem. I see guys wearing nothing but undershirts. Not under anything! As a real shirt. Why?? Unless it's 95F outside, you're playing a sport, or you're washing your car, there's no excuse for that.

Amazon is having a 20% discount on a lot of its clothing selection right now. Just bought a Kenneth Cole Peacoat for 50 bucks..

Code: SVEFAL20

Also, throw me in the pot of people who hate their nipples showing through a shirt.

I need new pants, all of mine have developed holes in the crotch from riding my bike. Suggestions for stuff that's not too pricey? I need regular dark jeans, brown chinos, and grey jeans/chinos. I'll probably just go for 511's for stuff but I figured I'd expand my horizons if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom