• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't live up to the greatness of some of the posters here but here's a humble outfit of mine.

Charles and 1/2 Jacket someone posted earlier
River Island Beanie
Billy Reid Henley
Naked and Famous Jeans
Old ass 3GS

iGpsse8VlemYo.JPG

Can't see them but I'm wearing navy suede Clarks.

xJavonta

Banned
Kind of related question, how do you properly measure the size of your chest in inches? I'm tired of buying shirts online that don't fit quite right because I just tend to go by sizes instead of looking at the size charts.

Normally I buy medium or small, I like the fit in between (I call them schmediums), but what I buy is based on the disclaimer on the page (like it saying "these shirts tend to run large" or whatever.)

zchen

Kind of related question, how do you properly measure the size of your chest in inches? I'm tired of buying shirts online that don't fit quite right because I just tend to go by sizes instead of looking at the size charts.

Normally I buy medium or small, I like the fit in between (I call them schmediums), but what I buy is based on the disclaimer on the page (like it saying "these shirts tend to run large" or whatever.)

modern tailor's measuring guide

scroll down to middle to get the measure body section.

I can't live up to the greatness of some of the posters here but here's a humble outfit of mine.

Charles and 1/2 Jacket someone posted earlier
River Island Beanie
Billy Reid Henley
Naked and Famous Jeans
Old ass 3GS

Can't see them but I'm wearing navy suede Clarks.
Bro, that 3GS is entirely unacceptable. Expedite that upgrade!

As far as the outfit goes, the jacket looks a bit big and a tad too long (might have more to do with the shirt length though). For future purchases, I think a size down would be ideal. Otherwise everything is fine. I wish I could wear beanies but they always look off on me.

Also, I need more suede in my life.

Bro, that 3GS is entirely unacceptable. Expedite that upgrade!

As far as the outfit goes, the jacket looks a bit big and a tad too long (might have more to do with the shirt length though). For future purchases, I think a size down would be ideal. Otherwise everything is fine. I wish I could wear beanies but they always look off on me.

Also, I need more suede in my life.

The jacket is a bit deceptive in that picture. 90% of the time the shirt undearneath runs longer than the jacket and fits more snug if I make sure it's not hanging loose.

Hopefully I'll make another outfit update when I get my APC jeans and an iPhone 5.

ended up getting some gray 511's, brown 511 cords, and gray feathers canvas oxfords from Urban. I know they're shit quality but they're only $30

xJavonta

Banned
ended up getting some gray 511's, brown 511 cords, and gray feathers canvas oxfords from Urban. I know they're shit quality but they're only $30

511's are the shit, I didn't even know people didn't like them.

They're my lazy pants because of they're not TOO loose, but still snug enough to look good.

Also, I need an Urban Outfitters by me. I have to drive an hour to the city just to go to one :(

Alucrid

Banned

They're my lazy pants because of they're not TOO loose, but still snug enough to look good.

Also, I need an Urban Outfitters by me. I have to drive an hour to the city just to go to one :(

i'll give you one of the fifty near me

back on topic: re: nipples

HTuran

Was in London for a meeting, so I thought I'd swing by Uniqlo after and try out that duffle I mentioned a few pages back. Glad I did, since people were right when they said it's pretty oversized. The smallest they had was a medium, which looked like this:
Also, the brown looked nothing like it does online, far more muted. I like the coat though, will probably grab an S online.

the quality could be a little better, my last pair just lasted me over a year of regular wear, but the fit is good for the money.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
A year!?!? None of my jeans ever last that long, they always get ripped somewhere after a few months

Crazy. My Levi's always give me 3+ years before they've been pushed too far. I always hear about these raw denim people talking about crotch blowouts after a while, and it kind of makes my head spin that such expensive stuff just... disintegrates?

Got a pair of Uniqlo's slim fit jeans 30x32, they seem great. On the slimmer side of slim, but not skinny. Love the wash and they have a little stretch to them so they're super comfortable. Got two compliments today.

First nips now crotches. I shudder to think what is next.

Oh and raw denim blowouts are because dudes size down 3 and wear them for a year, grinding bacteria and grime into the fabric.

xJavonta

Banned
Crazy. My Levi's always give me 3+ years before they've been pushed too far. I always hear about these raw denim people talking about crotch blowouts after a while, and it kind of makes my head spin that such expensive stuff just... disintegrates?
Yeah I don't know what it is either. I have friends with clothes from years ago that they still wear and I don't know why I can't seem to keep a pair of jeans that long. Sucks. My favorite pair of jeans have a huge hole at the crotch and are torn at the bottom by the seams. A pair of $65 jeans too.

i have constant problems with crotch blowouts

seriously though, my levis last me for years too.

If my jeans lasted me for years I wouldn't have so few articles of clothing. My shirts get ripped a lot too (but that's from going to concerts frequently).

Although I used to skate a lot so that could have worn them out. I don't really skate at all these days though but my clothes still end up worn to shit and destroyed.

Never had this happen to any of my N&F pairs, and my selvedge grey's are coming up on 3 years. Granted, I haven't been very hard on them.

Riding a bike seems like a bad idea though.

Enron

Banned
I would be selling my body but I don't think I could bring in the money needed to supply my lavish lifestyle. Anyone got thoughts on this shirt?

http://www.varia-curiosa.com/creations/98-florium-white-pocket-tee.html

Also, if I were to buy this watch what are limitations on what I can wear with it

019-17.jpg

Nothing. That will go with anything. Divers with steel bracelets literally go with anything so long as they aren't too tool-watch-y. Which that one isn't. T shirts, polos, long sleeve button ups, wear with confidence. My Omega Seamaster has a similar look.

6820968931_552feed57d_z.jpg

Someone doesn't have a big penis

or ride a bike

I don't ride a bike or have a penis but I have problems with the crotches of my jeans wearing out too. Happened with my skulls, APCs, even my Iron Hearts. I lead a pretty sedentary life when wearing jeans so no idea why it happens.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Only with my Banana republic jeans have my crotches blown out. Shit was so annoying man. These Levi's are great now but I lost a bunch of weight so I don't really know what caused them.

Alucrid

Banned
I don't ride a bike or have a penis but I have problems with the crotches of my jeans wearing out too. Happened with my skulls, APCs, even my Iron Hearts. I lead a pretty sedentary life when wearing jeans so no idea why it happens.

cooking stress, i always cook with my pants off to avoid that

H0Ionl.jpg

one day i will take the time to ask someone to take my picture

Puddles

Banned
It looks like I'm definitely getting the Clark's Desert Boots. I know it was posted here, but I can't remember: am I supposed to get a different size than what I normally wear with the Clark's? My regular size is a U.S. Men's 11.

It looks like I'm definitely getting the Clark's Desert Boots. I know it was posted here, but I can't remember: am I supposed to get a different size than what I normally wear with the Clark's? My regular size is a U.S. Men's 11.

I go down a half size.

Also, it's becoming pretty damn hard to find APC jeans out in the wild. I finally found a pair but they were the straight legs which were practically hanging off my skinny legs. I can't even imagine what they would be like after being worn in.

fat pat

at least half a size. i sized down a full size.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Hair looks awesome, I wished mine looked like that without effort.

I can't tell, is the jacket multi-colored? Also, real leather or faux leather sleeves? Looks nice regardless. Very versatile.

Thanks man. Woke up at like 5pm today and for some reason my hair was already up and such. Was odd.

Anyway, the jacket is all black, the sleeves are faux leather.

Also, gonna pick up one of these after seeing some awesome photos on tumblr. I tend to stay away from digital stuff, but after watching Back to the future and The Breakfast Club, kind of in the mood. haha

tumblr_m5433reVAJ1qh6tato1_500.jpg

Thanks man. Woke up at like 5pm today and for some reason my hair was already up and such. Was odd.

Anyway, the jacket is all black, the sleeves are faux leather.

Also, gonna pick up one of these after seeing some awesome photos on tumblr. I tend to stay away from digital stuff, but after watching Back to the future and The Breakfast Club, kind of in the mood. haha

I've heard the band on that watch sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom