• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Oh you guise

ib1XAOhZfiVxXC.gif

Also, forever 21 is my new favorite place to buy stuff. For the moment.

Antagon

Did the same two months ago. Turned out the store wasn't selling APC anymore and between the N&F's, Acne, Edwin and Tellasons I tried, the Tellason Gustave had the best fit on me. Love those jeans, though they don't seem to fade much yet.

Did the same two months ago. Turned out the store wasn't selling APC anymore and between the N&F's, Acne, Edwin and Tellasons I tried, the Tellason Gustave had the best fit on me. Love those jeans, though they don't seem to fade much yet.

Called mine and they said they got some in stock. Their selection is so random, it's basically "here's what we have right now and we don't know what we'll have later." As long as I leave with something that fits well I'm happy.

Yami

Looks good, how much?

Sooo sick, I want one

edit: nevermind, I wouldn't be able to pull it off. But if you can, definitely get it.

£119. Erk. Early Christmas present from the folks while I get settled in the city. Been wanting a parka for a while, and this one fits the bill perfectly.

The one in the store near me was a bit fucked around the stitching and hems and was the last M, so picking up another one down Oxford Street tomorrow. I haven't had a coat this warm in yeaaaaars.

Antagon

Anyway to pull of white superstars with a nice, blocked dress shirt?

I'm going backpacking next week to Argentine and like to take a nice shirt with me for clubbing/Tango. But I will only take my sneakers with me because of weight/shoes getting beat up. All my nice shirts are too long not to tuck in and a white belt doesn't look to great over a dress shirt IMO. Any ideas?

The Boat

Getting cold, so in need of a new jacket. Loving this parka by Zara. Thoughts?

zara-parka.png

It's pretty cool, but let me warn you, even if it goes without saying at least here in Portugal Zara's coats aren't exactly good quality. The zippers and linings and stuff usually don't last very long in coats. Still, I have a few coats from there that I love and it's nothing that can't be fixed.

Alright guys, opinions on scarves. In Southern California.. I don't want to look like a twat, kind of worried.

I live in LA, so I feel you there. I have to get out all my scarf-wearing when I go to SF.

If it's in the 60s and you're *not* wearing a jacket or coat, I think you can pull it off. A scarf & sweater looks good and not too "I'm way overdressed for LA weather." Also depends on the scarf. I'd stay away from chunky knits unless it's below 60.

Obviously, if it's night time and chilly, it's fine to wear a scarf and jacket. I've been waiting for the perfect weather to whip out my soft wool scarf finally.

overcast

Ah, yeah I thought so Naked. I figured night time was good to go, was thinking of getting a relatively light one to go with my jackets/sweaters.

I need a new sweater preferably with a relatively high collar, and a cardigan.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
So, at what point is a suit too large to withstand extensive tailoring? The one I got from macuser is comically loose on me -- like son-wearing-dad's-clothes big -- and it's going to be tragic if I'm never able to wear this.

So, at what point is a suit too large to withstand extensive tailoring? The one I got from macuser is comically loose on me -- like son-wearing-dad's-clothes big -- and it's going to be tragic if I'm never able to wear this.

Nooo

If th shoulders are too wide it's a bust. Send it to alucrid lol

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
They are; I look like a Dick Tracy villain.

This is the universe indicating that I am not meant to ever wear a suit, so consider it written in stone. #barneystinsonsuicide

Anyway to pull of white superstars with a nice, blocked dress shirt?

I'm going backpacking next week to Argentine and like to take a nice shirt with me for clubbing/Tango. But I will only take my sneakers with me because of weight/shoes getting beat up. All my nice shirts are too long not to tuck in and a white belt doesn't look to great over a dress shirt IMO. Any ideas?
Depends on the color of your shirt. I think a white belt looks really solid over a light blue shirt. I've never done it myself (nor do I own a white belt), but I bet you could pull it off.

Otherwise if you absolutely won't go with the white belt, I'd just try and downplay the belt as much as possible. Something minimal like black. While I always try and match my shoes with my belt, I don't think it's absolutely necessary in casual attire.

It's november, i've shaved my noggin and i'm going out to buy some milk for my coffee :

216aa81c25c911e2b55e22000a1c076c_7.jpg
Looks awesome. Zekes is going to love this.

What's the size on the suit? As mac said, there's literally nothing you can do if it's the shoulders giving you trouble. Anything else is (generally) fixable.

It's a 36/46, R-ish

sleeve - 24.5" - non-functional buttons
shoulders across - 17"
chest - 19"
length top of collar to bottom - 29"
waist across - 16"
front rise - 10.5
inseam - a pinch under 30"
hem width 7.75"

Find a good home for it cosmic ;'(

Shoulders honestly dont look wide from here, and shortening the sleeves isn't too expensive. Pants probably need a waist adjustment, though.

Moar pix. Dance for me cosmic! Dance!

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
hmm I always thought you were a bigger dude cosmic. from those measurements you're actually smaller than me

5'4" 125 lbs. Marc Jacobs doesn't have a children's line, right?

Shoulders honestly dont look wide from here, and shortening the sleeves isn't too expensive. Pants probably need a waist adjustment, though.

Moar pix. Dance for me cosmic! Dance!

Should I just take it to a tailor for an evaluation? Every part of it is so loose that it feels like I'm swimming. The pants are at least 3-4 sizes too big in both waist and length.

Has anyone here ever ordered anything through indochino.com? They custom make everything to your measurements. I was thinking of getting this coat, but was wondering if anybody has had any experience with them.

Should I just take it to a tailor for an evaluation? Every part of it is so loose that it feels like I'm swimming. The pants are at least 3-4 sizes too big in both waist and length.

He does make 34's, check eBay etc. The length of the jacket seems fine, so yeah, take it to a good tailor (like Kuhlmans) and ask for some honest evaluation.

Alucrid

Banned

I'm not the one who loves marc jacobs, or has kids. MAAAAC

MAAAAAAC

Antagon

Depends on the color of your shirt. I think a white belt looks really solid over a light blue shirt. I've never done it myself (nor do I own a white belt), but I bet you could pull it off.

Otherwise if you absolutely won't go with the white belt, I'd just try and downplay the belt as much as possible. Something minimal like black. While I always try and match my shoes with my belt, I don't think it's absolutely necessary in casual attire.

Looks awesome. Zekes is going to love this.

Ended up getting a new white belt. Old one wasn't too great anymore.

Shirt I'm thinking about is this:

Though I could take a blue shirt as well. The only solid blue shirt I got wrinkles really easily though, which obviously is a bit of a pain when backpacking.

Guess the blue looks better like this.

Antagon

Don't really have anything I can think of that'll work.

I can probably iron them at the hostels I'm staying though.

Solid also works better for a fatty like me It seems.

Antagon

My phone is still a first gen Milestone with an absolutely awful camera. For a quick pic even the IPad is a better option.

On another note: yay, first whiskers are appearing.

14czfcw85uib.png

Alucrid

Banned
sadly i've tried plaid and it just doesn't gel with me :(

thanks though, would've been my first Marc Jacobs for Marc, by Marc Jacobs in collaboration with Marc Jacobs piece

eastmen

Banned
my style has not changed from my teen years.

A t shirt with dark loose fit jeans or sometimes a polo shirt.

Why do you guys put so much effort and money into dressing up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom