• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
my style has not changed from my teen years.

A t shirt with dark loose fit jeans or sometimes a polo shirt.

Why do you guys put so much effort and money into dressing up ?
because we like looking good? Why did you put in the effort of coming here and posting if you don't care?

Ended up getting a new white belt. Old one wasn't too great anymore.

Shirt I'm thinking about is this:

Though I could take a blue shirt as well. The only solid blue shirt I got wrinkles really easily though, which obviously is a bit of a pain when backpacking.

Guess the blue looks better like this.
The blue is WAY better. That's actually almost the exact color combination I had in mind for you.

If there's any way you can make that work, go for it.

When you look good you feel good. Instant confidence.

Any recommendations for Navy Blue chukkas or something similar?

I almost bought these the other day when I saw them at Aldo:
26_pearsall_2_6.jpg

But I resisted the urge since I wanted mid tops anyway and the bottom sole to be something more sneaker like coz it's a pain in the ass to use the clutch and do heel toe downshifts with this.

I agree. Video games and beer are a better investment.
I'm being sarcastic
lol.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Any recommendations for Navy Blue chukkas or something similar?

I almost bought these the other day when I saw them at Aldo:

But I resisted the urge since I wanted mid tops anyway and the bottom sole to be something more sneaker like coz it's a pain in the ass to use the clutch and do heel toe downshifts with this.

I bought these in beige and really like them. Comfy, versatile.

Finally found some APC New Cure's at Barney's Co-op. Damn is this breaking in period gonna be brutal. Crotch is pretty much being smashed and I can barely lift my legs.

mooooose

these are my favorite shoes ever

Futura-x-Nike-Air-Force-1-High-Be-True-01.jpg

so subtlety perfect

the perforated leather
the clear soles with futura 'be true'
the futura tag of 'af-1 82'
the all black with white midsole

i love it. takes a classic shoe that became corny to an all new level. i wear it with everything. best sneaker ever IMO

Just bought some Target Mossimo shirts since I've read about them pretty often. Damn these fit perfectly. Definitely gonna air dry them so they don't shrink, though. Anyone else wear these? Very soft. Very flattering. And for 8-10 bucks a pop, you really can't beat em.

coldvein

Banned
imma check out these target mossimo shirts.

i take it i can buy them at target

i'm also buying myself some new sneakers tonight but i don't know what to get ... probably just end up with pair #500 of some black airforce 1s
if anybody has any different suggestions for under ~120 i'm open to that. im generally trying to dress SLIGHTLY more 'mature' and awesome i just dont know whats out there. but if theres some rad hot pink sneakers out there that i need i could buy them too.

Alucrid

Banned
The girl working there said some people prefer that the first 2 buttons can't be buttoned when they first buy them. I couldn't do that so I just went with the most uncomfortable fit while actually buttoned up all the way.

can't say either of my apcs felt that bad on my crotch. maybe you should've sized up and sagged. that or new cures aren't for you considering that they have the skinniest top block of all the styles.

Mangotron

Just bought some Target Mossimo shirts since I've read about them pretty often. Damn these fit perfectly. Definitely gonna air dry them so they don't shrink, though. Anyone else wear these? Very soft. Very flattering. And for 8-10 bucks a pop, you really can't beat em.

Yeah, scrapped all my other plain tees for these. Fit is perfect, and if you collect them through the seasons you get a nice range.

Yoshiya

The girl working there said some people prefer that the first 2 buttons can't be buttoned when they first buy them. I couldn't do that so I just went with the most uncomfortable fit while actually buttoned up all the way.

I couldn't get the first button done up on my APC PS, but now the fit is just about perfect. It's worth it to buy too small.

can't say either of my apcs felt that bad on my crotch. maybe you should've sized up and sagged. that or new cures aren't for you considering that they have the skinniest top block of all the styles.

I'm gonna give them some break in time and see what happens. I got 30 days to swap them out with Petit Standards if I change my mind

It's really more of an issue where I feel like I'm gonna blow out the crotch if I even attempt do the splits but otherwise it's not giving my balls any trouble and raising my legs is not very possible.

mooooose

gap has 30% off all items on sale, and a lot of their modern oxfords are on sale. they fit pretty good considering the price and have a bunch of interesting colors and the cotton they use has a denim shine to it. check them out.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
gap has 30% off all items on sale, and a lot of their modern oxfords are on sale. they fit pretty good considering the price and have a bunch of interesting colors and the cotton they use has a denim shine to it. check them out.

Hmm, wonder if that's for the Gap outlets. I'll be in one tomorrow.

mooooose

idk but its definitely online. free shipping on orders above 50. i got two oxfords for 55 shipped and im stoked because one of them was a repeat i wanted on ice (the black, it looks great irl, much darker than the pictures but it has such an interesting sheen and a pretty good fit out of the box)

Yeah, scrapped all my other plain tees for these. Fit is perfect, and if you collect them through the seasons you get a nice range.

Yea I only nabbed two. One crew one v neck. I want to see how they handle a wash/dry cycle before I commit to any more. They're def in the running to be my primary "t shirt and jeans" tee. They feel so smooth and fit so well... I really can't believe they're from Target.

imma check out these target mossimo shirts.

i take it i can buy them at target

i'm also buying myself some new sneakers tonight but i don't know what to get ... probably just end up with pair #500 of some black airforce 1s
if anybody has any different suggestions for under ~120 i'm open to that. im generally trying to dress SLIGHTLY more 'mature' and awesome i just dont know whats out there. but if theres some rad hot pink sneakers out there that i need i could buy them too.
Any Target near you should have stacks of these babies laying around. Tons of colors available. As for shoes, especially with Fall coming, I'd check out the Vans Chukka Del Barco. I've got these in black and I get tons of compliments and use out of em:
IMG_9078_1200.jpg

Yeah they're the only tees I wear.

Fwiw they don't shrink much if they are the cotton poly blends, the ours cotton ones lose a little length.
Yea I got the 60/40 blend iteration of em. I believe they discontinued the all cotton ones in favor of these.

Im more of an H & M Tee guy.

Prefer the fit.

Have you ever tried these though? Nearly everyone who actually tries them on swears by them. They're so damn good.

Never tried the Mossimo tees but I'm a big fan of the J. Crew ones. Pretty sure they're like 2 for $20 generally, maybe $30.

I'd know if I wasn't drunk.

when i checked out tom ford in vegas they had a couple different cuts for suits, one being slimmed down. you gotta put on your 'price doesn't faze me face' tho.

Yami

Photo%2004-11-2012%2016%2028%2006.jpg

Blagged that Zara coat I was on about the other page. Looks good, fits great, and yes, I'm wary of Zara quality having owned stuff by them before. <3

(lame phone quality)

Never tried the Mossimo tees but I'm a big fan of the J. Crew ones. Pretty sure they're like 2 for $20 generally, maybe $30.

I'd know if I wasn't drunk.

J Crew shirts are my go to choice right now but I gotta try these Mossimo out.

Taking the APC NC's back, I can barely even use the pockets they're so tight...hopefully Petit Standards will work out otherwise it's plain New Standard for my chunky thighs.

only good things to say about the mossimo shirts. i have like 10 different v necks and henleys. they are an awesome fit. sometimes they go on sale for like 7 bucks a pop

when i checked out tom ford in vegas they had a couple different cuts for suits, one being slimmed down. you gotta put on your 'price doesn't faze me face' tho.

huh, here the cheaper suits cost around the same as most dior homme (roughly £2,000) but i always found wide lapels look off on slim guys

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Had a couple of the Mossimo tees a few years back and was unimpressed. Billowy on my small frame and I didn't care for the cut of their v-necks. H&M and AA tees are my essentials -- the latter has improved quite a bit since I tried them several years ago -- and Three Dots makes a damn good "indulgence" tee ($50+) that I've managed to find a number of thrifting.

just saw the tom ford ss13 lookbook, as a skinny guy i'm liking that they've made their lapels a bit slimmer http://www.tomford.com/#/en/menswear/spring/summer-2013
Oh god. It's painful to look at some of those looks knowing that I can't even afford a sleeve of one of those jackets.

They're so beautiful.

Had a couple of the Mossimo tees a few years back and was unimpressed. Billowy on my small frame and I didn't care for the cut of their v-necks. H&M and AA tees are my essentials -- the latter has improved quite a bit since I tried them several years ago -- and Three Dots makes a damn good "indulgence" tee ($50+) that I've managed to find a number of thrifting.
Bus, where in Seattle do you normally do your thrift shopping? Any recommendations? The only thrift stores in Ballard are Goodwill and Value Village and both never seem to have anything worth picking out. Granted, I mostly look for jackets/blazers so thrift shopping might not be ideal for those. Any tips?

Bought this jacket the other day, not normally a fan of fake leather but this seems well made and i like it.
Digging the look. I own a brown faux leather jacket and I've gotten quite a bit of mileage out of it. Nice purchase.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Bus, where in Seattle do you normally do your thrift shopping? Any recommendations? The only thrift stores in Ballard are Goodwill and Value Village and both never seem to have anything worth picking out. Granted, I mostly look for jackets/blazers so thrift shopping might not be ideal for those. Any tips?

The Crossroads and Buffalo Exchange stores usually have a worthwhile selection and a constantly rotating inventory. Crossroads on CapHill is pretty large and gets all the hipstery, homo, and oddball rich-college-kid stuff; they've got a couple of "designer" racks and all the especially expensive items usually are strung up near the ceiling, hah.

Red Light is fun to look through when I'm feeling campy and want a $40 band tee from the early '80s or a pair of bright blue alligator loafers that were owned by, like, Joe Dallesandro.

You and I definitely shop for different things, though, so idk if they'd be of any use for you.

bowery

shoulda went for petit new standards lol saw them at the west village store no clue how they fit guess its in between petit and new in other news though ive grown very fond of apcs tennis shoes

The Crossroads and Buffalo Exchange stores usually have a worthwhile selection and a constantly rotating inventory. Crossroads on CapHill is pretty large and gets all the hipstery, homo, and oddball rich-college-kid stuff; they've got a couple of "designer" racks and all the especially expensive items usually are strung up near the ceiling, hah.

Red Light is fun to look through when I'm feeling campy and want a $40 band tee from the early '80s or a pair of bright blue alligator loafers that were owned by, like, Joe Dallesandro.

You and I definitely shop for different things, though, so idk if they'd be of any use for you.
Thanks, man. I've kind of been looking to branch out with my wardrobe so I'll definitely give those places a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom