• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
FUUU... my local Aldo was didn't have any sizes for that shoe when I went there earlier. They also didn't have my size for the beige version, so I really couldn't try on the shoe. I would've bought it online immediately if I was able to figure out if it'll work. :(

Btw, Forever 21 needs to add a guys only dressing room. The shit I heard today when I was in there was just gross. @____@

Salazar

Next thread needs more cautionary menswear pics

OfJoM.jpg

FUUU... my local Aldo was didn't have any sizes for that shoe when I went there earlier. They also didn't have my size for the beige version, so I really couldn't try on the shoe. I would've bought it online immediately if I was able to figure out if it'll work. :(

Btw, Forever 21 needs to add a guys only dressing room. The shit I heard today when I was in there was just gross. @____@

That's fine. Aldo really sucks. Awful quality.

"Dammit, this top is too small! It's like he's(her bf I assume) pushing my tits down in bed."
"Lisa can I borrow your push up bra next weekend?"

This is probably the worst though: "Fnck! My tampon almost slipped out! Damn tight ass jeans...."

I don't normally mind stuff like this when it's coming out of my friends mouths, but when you talk about this shit in a public place, a dressing room no less... that's just nasty. Skanks, I think is the right term for these women.

That's fine. Aldo really sucks. Awful quality.

Any recommendations on something similar for less than $100? I only shop there coz it's in my budget, otherwise I'd be rolling with Clarks instead.

Aegus

So my first pair of APC jeans (APC Rescue) arrived just now and I tried them on. Waist wise it's fine. but the legs feel too long. Is it best to get them brought up or just curl them at the bottom. (I know that's not the correct term, but my brain has went blank!)

Aegus

either. it doesn't really matter, just depends on what you want

Cheers. Jeans are my worst item of clothing for buying and I'm never quite sure what I'm looking for. APCs do feel nice to touch though.

Edit: Actually, just reading some other forum and they say it's best to size down from my usual size. In my case I'm usually a 30. So a 28 would actually be best for for me?

Antagon

APC's supposedly stretch a lot, so either a 28 or 29.

Also, I would wait with hemming them until you've at least washed them once, as they might shrink a bit in length. Until then cuff or stack (basically have them bunch up at the bottom of your leg) them.

Yoshiya

APC vanity size and stretch a size or so. My PS are a 28, and I could barely get them on at first, but it was absolutely the right size to buy. I'd be a normal 29-30 I guess.

jokkir

How are duffle coats for a Canadian Winter? Also, what does GAF think of duffle coats in the first place? And if you don't like it, what other winter jacket should I get?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So I bought another button up this weekend. Look alright? My biggest issue is wrinkles now (surprise, surprise). Thing is way wrinkled at 9:45am. Sucks.

Did I do right going with brown belt/shoes? Or should I have done black/black? (Pants are grey btw)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Aight mac, Kuhlman is on the job. He went over the numerous alterations that will be needed on the suit, gave me a rundown on what each part would cost and why, a very reasonable time frame, and ended by saying "that's quite a friend to give you such a great-looking suit." Hah, I can sense your ego swelling from here. ;)

Optimistic about this!

Sounds like a solid experience with Kuhlman. I may have to give them a try on my next pieces. The guy I go to is fantastic, but the english barrier seems to prevent him from actually getting to know me as a customer, something I'm really looking for in a tailor.

So I bought another button up this weekend. Look alright? My biggest issue is wrinkles now (surprise, surprise). Thing is way wrinkled at 9:45am. Sucks.

Did I do right going with brown belt/shoes? Or should I have done black/black? (Pants are grey btw)
Looks good, man. Good to see you wearing some color. I think browns and blues just about always go well together.

As for wrinkles, what part of the shirt wrinkles? Chest? Sleeves? Tail? If it's the tail, that's natural, considering it's tucked into your pants. Ideally it stays there.

I'm gonna be taking a few things to Kuhlman this weekend, I'll let you know how it goes. Nothing fancy, just a weird sleeve adjustment that everyone here in MT wont do.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Cool, what's getting tweaked?

My ego can only swell so much :p

Almost everything is getting adjusted except the shoulders, which he confirmed were pretty good as is.

I can likely be part of the get-together as long as it's either earlier in the day or after 10pm...

I'm looking to get a pair of cheap uniqlo pants. How do they run?

I'm usually a 32/32 length but whenever I bought some pants from H+M I had to get 33/34

mooooose

i bought uniqlo t-002 slims last year or something when i was fat and couldnt fit in them even though they were just 31s and now i fit in them and theyre great

Salazar

That Oliver Spencer cord jacket fits like a goddamn dream.

Calling it "lightweight" is crazy, tho. Maybe compared to some kind of greatcoat.

So, like, Saturday afternoon or something? No need for a fancy place, beer and burgers works for me.

Also amazon has a lot of emma hope sneakers 50% right now. IMO they're some of the best made sneakers out there.

Awesome.

But yeah, Saturday afternoon would be ideal. I'm thinking Capitol Hill/downtown area would be best so if anyone knows of anything that fits mac's criteria let's do it.

Non-Seattle manshion-GAF, it's not too late to purchase your plane tickets and join us for this monumental event!

Non-Seattle manshion-GAF, it's not too late to purchase your plane tickets and join us for this monumental event!

haha if only i could get work to fly me out on "business" i would hang out with you guys but alas there's no VAT in the states so my skills would be a little useless ;p

lolmark

I don't know if this has been discussed before but I'm interested in buying a suit, either a custom fitted suit or an off the rack suit. If I were to get an off the rack suit, how much can be done in alterations? My biggest concern with off the rack suits have always been the sleeve length, thick shoulder padding and just straight up looking like a kid in adult sized clothing (I'm a short guy).

Edit: I've also considered a custom suit from thickasthievesla.com but the idea of self measuring myself freaks me out.

Alucrid

Banned
I don't know if this has been discussed before but I'm interested in buying a suit, either a custom fitted suit or an off the rack suit. If I were to get an off the rack suit, how much can be done in alterations? My biggest concern with off the rack suits have always been the sleeve length, thick shoulder padding and just straight up looking like a kid in adult sized clothing (I'm a short guy).

Edit: I've also considered a custom suit from thickasthievesla.com but the idea of self measuring myself freaks me out.

Look for suits that don't have a lot of padding, probably won't find that in a Jos A Bank / MW / etc. Sleeve length, depending on functioning or non functioning cuffs can be easy or hard, but still doable.

don't fuck with the shoulders after you buy it, it's gotta fit there. period. You "can" adjust the padding in extreme circumstances but I would not go down this path at all. sleeves are easy assuming the buttons aren't functioning, if they are functioning I'd skip unless you know a very skilled tailor.

cosmic from this angle those jeans look super skinny, can't tell if that's good or a little too skinny :p

goddamnit alucrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom