• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would rec the n&f weird guys but they don't really look great washed, just kind of ... old and dingy. I think Dior has some grey shitz, and acne too. I dunno, I think grey is a color that looks better prefaded etc.

so look into acne. grifoni* has some stuff on yoox, and the half-tag jeans (check the back) run tapered and slim as shit. I like em.

*dealwithit.gif

Alucrid

Banned
i would rec the n&f weird guys but they don't really look great washed, just kind of ... old and dingy. I think Dior has some grey shitz, and acne too. I dunno, I think grey is a color that looks better prefaded etc.

so look into acne. grifoni* has some stuff on yoox, and the half-tag jeans (check the back) run tapered and slim as shit. I like em.

*dealwithit.gif

i never said raw lol. yeah, i don't really like raw for black, grey, etc. also not huge on the n&f cuts for me. grifoni sounds good though, i think yoox still has free shipping and with free returns it shouldn't be a hassle. thanks bro

Anyone have experience/opinions on Baldwin denim? Saw their camo trousers at Nordstrom's today and absolutely loved them. Didn't have time to try them on though.

Seems I was going for "new member of the xx" today.
Okay that outfit is freaking awesome. Love the colors. I need more purple in my wardrobe.

Also, let's do that burger joint you suggested for Saturday.

Puddles

Banned
Just came into some money thanks to Intrade.

I'd like to get the Clark's Desert Boots, but I'm torn between Beeswax, Oakwood, and Taupe Suede. I think Beeswax would be the most versatile. What do you guys think?

You'll find nothing but positivity in this thread about the Allen Edmonds. Pretty much the epitome of getting what you pay for in quality/durability/look.

The only thing I'll say is that if you're patient enough/look hard enough, you can generally find them on sale for around the $180 range. I know Nordstrom's does a sale right after Christmas, and they generally feature Allen Edmonds during those. Obviously, I can't guarantee this to be the case, but if you're not in a rush it might benefit you to hang in there for a little while before pulling the trigger.

0OoO0

Hey guys,

This cardigan...

photo%20%283%29.JPG

yay or nay?

it's ~$300!

Visceir, definitely get the leather ones. They look strikingly similar to my Timberland Lost History's, which means I think they look absolutely fantastic.

Also nice outfit. Makes me want to get a peacoat. Never owned one before.

yeah i dig it, a little loose atop and slim bottom. I think the leather shoe has a better shape to it, fwiw. the sole on the suede just seems a little rough.

re: manshionmeet, so that burger place around 2 or something? someone decide on a time haha

Blackhead

Redarse
Any gloves recommendations for the winter? I'm looking for a pair that works with touchscreens but don't want the cheap shit that won't last the season.

coldvein

Banned
bros: i'm @ work till 2 on saturday, wont be back in the hood until 2:45ish probably, but i should be able to swing by and grab a beer at least. slight chance i might have to bail depending on how much school shit i have to do over the weekend but i'll do my best. mac, you should pm me your number i dont think i have it anymore, havent been able to drunk txt you at all.

other question: i'm ordering shoes off amazon for the first time... does 7.5 D(M) US just mean "size 7.5 men's". dumb question but i must be sure

Singher25

Neo Member
Not sure of the exact jacket, but just look for grey herringbone blazers and you're bound to find something almost identical.

I searched, but couldn't find anything similar to that jacket. Maybe I am terrible at finding things online. Thanks for the description though

Visceir

Visceir, definitely get the leather ones. They look strikingly similar to my Timberland Lost History's, which means I think they look absolutely fantastic.

yeah i dig it, a little loose atop and slim bottom. I think the leather shoe has a better shape to it, fwiw. the sole on the suede just seems a little rough.

Thanks, they are having a -20% sale on sunday, I'll be getting them then.

sikkinixx

How does one find a decent tailor? I'm in the awkward size where every pair of pants needs to be shortend an inch and shirts are always a bit off fitting. I have used a place in the mall out of ignorance and they do a meh job. I just don't know what to look for in a tailor.

Puddles

Banned
I usually size down a bit, but it depends on which shoe you pick (there are a bunch of different lasts that sometimes suit narrow or wide feet).

I'm looking at the Strands. I normally wear a size 11, and I'm definitely not narrow. A 10.5 D might work for me. They're sold at Nordstroms, right? I might just go try on a pair.

So where online should I look for a winter coat for $100 or less? Something that can be dressed up or down?

At that price point, I think the only places would be Forever 21 or H&M. Honestly, for something like a winter coat, which needs to be well structured and durable, $100 won't get you much. The next step up is probably Uniqlo, and then maybe Jcrew or Banana.

I'd go with something versatile like a classic pea coat. Looks great with jeans without looking too fussy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom