• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visceir

I've been using this one:
gui.jpg

Puddles

Banned
I might go to a department store and check out different fragrances soon. The only issue is that I'm not sure I can pick out the "best" fragrance. I don't know what smells good to other people.

Zekes!

I think I posted about these a long time ago, but I think I'm finally going to save up some cash to pick them up next year:

jJFRgXnomTK1S.jpg

jHxLESWUtm4dU.jpg

Plus I'm thinking of finally getting around to getting a suit. Definitely need cash...

I've got a question, I have a dress shirt but it's not long enough to always be longer than the jacket sleeve, would that still look ok? I have a 34/35 sleeve length and I can't find shirts that are longer than that when I look. :/

CFMOORE!

I've got a question, I have a dress shirt but it's not long enough to always be longer than the jacket sleeve, would that still look ok? I have a 34/35 sleeve length and I can't find shirts that are longer than that when I look. :/

do you really think it is the shirt and not the jacket sleeve being too long?

Zekes!

Didn't know those were still around. Tempted.

I don't think they're going anywhere any time soon; I'm going to go down to the shop and ask about them pretty soon though just to make sure. I'll probably have to dip down to the boot manufacture and ask about sizing too. I think the turn around on them is like 8+ weeks now.

I've seen them in person a few times now and they're just too good for me to knowingly pass up. I need them in my life.

Zekes, what boots are those and how much? They're fantastic.

Meet-up crew I just got on the hill. I'm going to walk around for awhile and see if I run into coldvein, I'm usually pretty good at that. See you guys soon.

Alucrid

Banned
Zekes, what boots are those and how much? They're fantastic.

Meet-up crew I just got on the hill. I'm going to walk around for awhile and see if I run into coldvein, I'm usually pretty good at that. See you guys soon.

for a second there i thought you were asking zekes who you were with what boots he was wearing through neoga f

also why is finding baller high tops so hard

Alucrid

Banned
Any color preferences?

Probably not white since that's all I own now, probably grey / tan / red

Can't wait to see who gets the best dressed award.

can i do an absentee entry?

Why won't any one help about my jacket and instead ask about my dick. :(

it does look a bit long, though i don't know how far your shirt sleeve goes down so i can't really tell if it's a little too long with way short shirt sleeves or what

CFMOORE!

Why won't any one help about my jacket and instead ask about my dick. :(

i am not obsessed with dick like the rest of the people here, is that with your shirt sleeve pulled as far through the jacket arm hole as it can, no material catching in the jacket sleeve? if so, my opinion would be to take the sleeves of the jacket up a little bit if it is a matter of your sleeves being close to the cuff. if they're way up in there, you'll have to do a mixture of finding a place with shirt arm lengths fitting to your needs with minor alterations on jacket sleeve length.

my two, dickless comments, cents.

I think the jacket is slightly too big for you. I'd also recommend getting the next one in a more modern cut with the buttons further down, preferably slim fit if your body type allows it.

Too big in what way? I went to 4 different places and they all measured me and said I was a 44L which is what that jacket is.

i am not obsessed with dick like the rest of the people here, is that with your shirt sleeve pulled as far through the jacket arm hole as it can, no material catching in the jacket sleeve? if so, my opinion would be to take the sleeves of the jacket up a little bit if it is a matter of your sleeves being close to the cuff. if they're way up in there, you'll have to do a mixture of finding a place with shirt arm lengths fitting to your needs with minor alterations on jacket sleeve length.

my two, dickless comments, cents.

I can make them come out a little but once I move my arm it receeds back in the material. It's like an 1/8th of an inch shorter than the jacket sleeve. The more I look at pictures it feels like I should have the sleeve shortened a time bit.

Edit:

And this is a crappy picture but this is the length of the sleeves with my arm rested at my side.

CFMOORE!

Edit:

And this is a crappy picture but this is the length of the sleeves with my arm rested at my side.

if that is where your shirt sleeves are hitting, then i would shorten the jacket sleeves a bit. as for the suit being too big, i think he is more just touching on the suit itself not having much of a flattering cut/style to it. it has a 90s boxyish vibe to it.

if that is where your shirt sleeves are hitting, then i would shorten the jacket sleeves a bit. as for the suit being too big, i think he is more just touching on the suit itself not having much of a flattering cut/style to it. it has a 90s boxyish vibe to it.

Sweet! Thanks for the help guys! And ya, if that's what he means than I understand, it's a cheaper priced suit so it's definitely as nice as others but all I can afford for now. I've tried on some others that have nicer cuts that I'd like to get soon but this will have to do for now. Thanks again!

Need clothing advice:

1. I love Clark's Desert Boots (Beeswax) and I've gotten several compliments on them. Unfortunately, I find the bottom of the shoe gets really dirty easily. Is this kind of inevitable, or is there a way to keep them cleaner?

2. Looking at winter coats right now and I saw some for a good price at Macy's (really great deals today) and Banana Republic.

Macy's coat

BR coat

Which would GAFers recommend? Are there any other good options for classy winter coats? Not really a fan of the puffy, wrinkly sports coat look.
I like the first one, the second one is cotton and so won't be as warm. I wish you could see the actual fabric breakdown on the first coat but it seems to at least have a little wool in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom