• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I posted about these a long time ago, but I think I'm finally going to save up some cash to pick them up next year:

jJFRgXnomTK1S.jpg

jHxLESWUtm4dU.jpg

Plus I'm thinking of finally getting around to getting a suit. Definitely need cash...

Link to those? I really like them.

Indeed a fantastic meet-up with some fantastic gentlemen. Don't worry Manshion-GAF, we did the thread proud. Unfortunately, I don't recall taking any photos so no luck there. Looking forward to the next one, whenever that may be!

And yes Zekes, we're in Seattle (except for mac, he was visiting). I have a feeling there will be a larger Seattle-GAF meetup relatively soon here, so you should definitely come out for that.

I want to fix up lucky with one of my girl-friends just so I can admire his suave masculinity on a regular basis.
I'm okay with this.

You guys are my only source for Black Friday. Need minute by minute updates on those deals.

I think Macy's one leaked but I didn't see anything on overcoats (coat I'm looking for) but they've been on sale for lesser holiday sales so I can't imagine there being nothing or at least matching this sale... Or so I hope.

Edit: I missed it, it should be down to $160 and then I can get more off. :D

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Hope the meet up was fun. Doubt you guys would have wanted to hang out with some 18 year old kid.

Its been a very H & M day. Supposed to be cold as fuck in Vermont, hence my new old lady cloths.

jNVRXFrBpr7co.jpg

Also, got some free shoes.

jlDpGWZ4540Aq.jpg

Puddles

Banned
what does $600 good look like?

Better than that? A typical pair of Allen Edmonds oxfords costs half of that, but appears considerably more valuable. For reference, when the picture was posted, I thought the shoes looked great, but also expected a price in the $80-$150 range.

I can see buying them if you get a lot of functional utility out of them, i.e. if they're incredibly durable and comfortable. But the aesthetic utility doesn't come close to matching the price. If I were looking to make a statement on a $600 budget, I could allocate my budget in a way to get considerably more aesthetic value than that single pair of shoes.

Now if I were a business owner making high six figures, I'd buy those shoes without blinking.

Better than that? A typical pair of Allen Edmonds oxfords costs half of that, but appears considerably more valuable. For reference, when the picture was posted, I thought the shoes looked great, but also expected a price in the $80-$150 range.

I can see buying them if you get a lot of functional utility out of them, i.e. if they're incredibly durable and comfortable. But the aesthetic utility doesn't come close to matching the price. If I were looking to make a statement on a $600 budget, I could allocate my budget in a way to get considerably more aesthetic value than that single pair of shoes.

Now if I were a business owner making high six figures, I'd buy those shoes without blinking.

But what would $600 shoes look like then? It's a style, just because you don't like the style doesn't mean they're worth less. If the material and such is good enough to justify the price I don't see the problem, it's not really fair to compare boots to dress shoes for what is worth a price. If you showed another pair of boots that you think is better/comparable I might be able to get your point.

One of them does actually keep asking if I know any attractive tall guys... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I love meeting new people man so I'd definitely be up for something. Regardless, if you ever feel like meeting up just send me a PM.

I have about a month of this thread to catch up on but this is my waywt daytime drinking edition
Jesus, dude. You're outfit makes me cold just looking at it. Hopefully you live in Palm Springs or just didn't plan on going outside that night. That or the Vodka blanket was pretty heavy.

Regardless, I dig it. I'm too tall to wear shorts of that length, my legs are too long and they make the rest of my body look odd. I like how the cuffs compliment the shirt, but I agree with whoever said to go sockless next time around.

Also, your glasses look extremely similar to mine (Warby Parker Bensens?). Good choice.

Date night last night. It was 47 degrees out.
Great outfit, man. Really digging the fit of the vest. Peacoat is nice too. I'm sure your girl was ecstatic to be walking around with you.

bob page

Can't find a nice winter coat anywhere...

Uniqlo has tons of great winter coats this year- their coats are pretty much their best offerings right now. Looks like there are some that are exclusive to in-store, but there are some good ones online, as well:

Best picks:
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-down-4way-coat/073569-06
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-stretch-down-jacket/073085-18-003
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-down-jacket/073738-38-004#BVRRWidgetID
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-wool-pea-coat/069528-09-007

purg3

slept with Malkin
Looking for some new dress shoes and need some recommendations. Want to get a pair in black and brown, but I don't want to spend a fortune. Whats a solid brand that's affordable and won't break the bank? Also looking for something that will look good dressed up but will also look nice with with a pair of jeans. Not sure if I should go for just a regular pair of Oxford's or maybe Wingtips. Brand/style suggestions would be appreciated.

Looking for some new dress shoes and need some recommendations. Want to get a pair in black and brown, but I don't want to spend a fortune. Whats a solid brand that's affordable and won't break the bank? Also looking for something that will look good dressed up but will also look nice with with a pair of jeans. Not sure if I should go for just a regular pair of Oxford's or maybe Wingtips. Brand/style suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm assuming you want leather soles?

Uniqlo has tons of great winter coats this year- their coats are pretty much their best offerings right now. Looks like there are some that are exclusive to in-store, but there are some good ones online, as well:

Best picks:
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-down-4way-coat/073569-06
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-stretch-down-jacket/073085-18-003
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-down-jacket/073738-38-004#BVRRWidgetID
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-wool-pea-coat/069528-09-007

Problem I found with Uniqlo is that a lot of times (such as with the last link), the item only comes in one size, and it's usually something like XL or XXL.

Also wouldn't mind some recommendations on this.

I really like the brown/tan gradient type oxfords.

What is your price? Like $300? Or more? Have you looked at Allen Edmonds? I've always heard good things about them. Seems a lot of companies in the $300 range are doing a composite sole that's part leather and part rubber. :/

Do you want plain shoes or you want a design on them?

Edit: Another very awesome thing about Allen Edmonds is they have complete rebuild for the shoes if they get worn out for like $100-$150 which is a lot cheaper than buying a new pair.

What does Fashion-GAF think of these?

gilliganmid_hrgpnk1.jpg

would they be good for everyday shoes? I usually wear dark blue denim with whatevz
The shoes aren't bad, but considering they have denim detailing, I would strongly advise against wearing them with dark blue denim, or denim of any nature for that matter. If you have enough wardrobe alternatives then they may be a viable option, otherwise they probably won't work with what you wear on a regular basis.

What is your price? Like $300? Or more? Have you looked at Allen Edmonds? I've always heard good things about them. Seems a lot of companies in the $300 range are doing a composite sole that's part leather and part rubber. :/

Do you want plain shoes or you want a design on them?

Edit: Another very awesome thing about Allen Edmonds is they have complete rebuild for the shoes if they get worn out for like $100-$150 which is a lot cheaper than buying a new pair.
Timberland also has something similar. I'm not sure of the specifics, but I know at the very least that they have a lifetime guarantee of the sole and will replace it free of charge if necessary (or so I've been told).

goober

The shoes aren't bad, but considering they have denim detailing, I would strongly advise against wearing them with dark blue denim, or denim of any nature for that matter. If you have enough wardrobe alternatives then they may be a viable option, otherwise they probably won't work with what you wear on a regular basis.

Cool thanks, what do you think they should be worn with?
The style is Grey herringbone, if that makes a difference.

Timberland also has something similar. I'm not sure of the specifics, but I know at the very least that they have a lifetime guarantee of the sole and will replace it free of charge if necessary (or so I've been told).

Really? Huh, is it recent? I have a timberland store near me I used to buy stuff at and they never mentioned it or anything. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom