• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Banned
Someone posted this in the 007 Skyfall thread. Get the fashion from the movie for less. I love Craig's jacket in the Scotland scenes, so I may have to look at one of these.

FashionGAF just now discovering Barbour? Wut?

anyways, if you want that look but dont want to pay 800 bucks for the Heritage Sports jacket, just get a Barbour Sapper instead. 399 retail and much the same look.

Alucrid

Banned
fancy packaging is stupid and wasteful as shit. all this for a shirt

fqWEcl.jpg

I'm a sucker for fancy packaging.

I remember when I ordered my 1/4in clip from The Tie Bar and they sent me this super extravagant package, complete with a felt box inside that contained the clip. It was almost overkill but I dug it, especially since the total cost was like $15 and they made me feel like I had just spent $115.

coldvein

Banned
lucky, i dont know what yr gettin up to tonight but if yr free get down to neumos. my favoritest rock band of the modern era is playin.

Alucrid

Banned
I'm a sucker for fancy packaging.

I remember when I ordered my 1/4in clip from The Tie Bar and they sent me this super extravagant package, complete with a felt box inside that contained the clip. It was almost overkill but I dug it, especially since the total cost was like $15 and they made me feel like I had just spent $115.

I dunno man. It makes it harder to get to the item, then all of it goes in the trash anyways. Plus if they just threw it in one of the heavy duty plastic bags they probably could've just slid it through my mail slot.

Mansion verdict on this vest?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/canada-...6C4535-6B08-E211-9A4A-90E2BA0278A8&origin=pla

I'll be wearing it over a shirt and tie to work. I live in Chicago and think it would be great for those times when I don't need my overcoat or for layering with a blazer and scarf.

I think it would look strange over a shirt and tie. It's more of an outdoorsy vest and a shirt and tie is more business-like. I also don't like the red logo over the heart but that's just my general dislike of blatant logos on clothing.

I just ordered my first down vest, but was planning on just wearing it over a flannel or if it gets really really cold, a sweater.

Edit: I also think the material for that vest is too shiny and makes the quilting look too stuffed. It reminds me of an airplane life-jacket vest or something.

If you're really set on getting that type of vest, I'd wear it over a sweater or a less formal shirt like a flannel like this:

263319909432911428_Mh9ZWXte_c.jpg

If you have to wear a tie and shirt for work, I'd go with a thick wool herringbone vest or something the same weight for warmth. But I think formal vests are more to hide suspenders than to keep you warm, so who knows.

154670568422672612_rzUe768U_c.jpg

224968943855514444_uPUr18Sj_c.jpg

lucky, i dont know what yr gettin up to tonight but if yr free get down to neumos. my favoritest rock band of the modern era is playin.
I'm meeting up with someone tonight but it might actually be on the hill. Not sure yet. If I am, I'll right around that block (maybe even at Moe) so I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

I dunno man. It makes it harder to get to the item, then all of it goes in the trash anyways. Plus if they just threw it in one of the heavy duty plastic bags they probably could've just slid it through my mail slot.
True. I like being pampered though lol. Especially since I don't have the funds to buy items that routinely come in fancy packaging, so when they do, I cherish it.

Puddles

Banned
I tried out the Unbranded Denim tonight. These things wear SKINNY. I normally wear a 32/30. Their 32's wouldn't even fit around my waist. 33 was marginally better. The 34 fit pretty well at the waist, but they only had the tapered fit, and it looked pretty ridiculous on me. I think a 34 straight fit would look great, but they were out of stock on that one, so I'll have to go back.

I tried out the Unbranded Denim tonight. These things wear SKINNY. I normally wear a 32/30. Their 32's wouldn't even fit around my waist. 33 was marginally better. The 34 fit pretty well at the waist, but they only had the tapered fit, and it looked pretty ridiculous on me. I think a 34 straight fit would look great, but they were out of stock on that one, so I'll have to go back.

Unbranded won't stretch much but it will still stretch to some extent so don't go too loose from the start.

Yeah what MiDNiGHTS said. If you can fit a 33 then go for it. They may be tight in the beginning but they'll stretch enough particularly in the waist to make the choice worthwhile.

MarkusRJR

So I'm planning on buying a bunch of clothes online for when I'm back to my usual weight (gained a bunch of weight this year due to depression and I'm working towards my normal weight). Where's a good online store for clothes that ships to Canada and supports Paypal (my only real means of purchasing things online)? Nothing to crazy expensive either. :/

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

That moto is sick. If I had a fiancé, I'd definitely buy her that jacket instead of a ring. They probably cost the same.

So I'm planning on buying a bunch of clothes online for when I'm back to my usual weight (gained a bunch of weight this year due to depression and I'm working towards my normal weight). Where's a good online store for clothes that ships to Canada and supports Paypal (my only real means of purchasing things online)? Nothing to crazy expensive either. :/

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
Have you tried Tate & Yoko? They're based in Canada and support Paypal. Not sure if those are the items you're looking for or if they're out of your price range, but if so, I'd just recommend the usual Uniqlo, H&M, etc.

mooooose

What does everyone think of old NYC brands like recon, futura labs, aNYthing, ssur, etc? And Japanese brands like NBHD, wtaps, mastermind?

I'm not a big streetwear dude but I've liked stuff from futura, along with visvim and wtaps. Visvim usually does kinda cool footwear. Dont know if sophnet fits in this category but it's cool too.

Mastermind is usually on the gaudy side of things, and is hellishly expensive. I've never seen it in person fwiw, so I dunno if the garments reflect those dollars.

zethren

Banned
My local Joseph A Bank is having a sale on ties on Black Friday. I assume that would extend to the website, and any other locations.

So many ties.

WHATEVER

ot: is anyone making cool baseballish hats for the winter? i already know about ervell, but I was peeping wigens and while they are cool i cannot fux with earflaps and shit. halp

Aegus

Sister gave me a voucher for my favourite clothes shop in my city.

Thinking of this

CAW12-CT0007.jpg

Need something for those days when I don't feel like wearing my pea coat + scarf.

Lirlond

Where in the UK can I get decent jeans for cheap-ish, lost weight recently and my current jeans are about ready to slip down my legs.

Razorwind

Are French cuff shirts still in style for formal events? It seems that people my age (27 +-5 yrs) don't feel much for them anymore.

Currently got a wedding to attend. I prepared a dark navy blue blazer with matching pants... original plan was to get the default white French cuff shirt with black bow tie...

My plan b is buy a black shirt with white tie, , maybe cufflinks?

The plan among our friends was to dress as stylish as we can... any tips Gaf?

Puddles

Banned
Please forgive my ignorance on this matter, and please don't be offended by this question: is it the style for the legs of the jeans to appear somewhat long, and therefore scrunched up a bit at the bottom? I have always tried to buy jeans where the inseam just comes down to my ankle without scrunching, but I am ignorant of current styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom