• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

Those boots are fantastic. Do they come in black?

They do: http://www.urbana.se/en/art/roy-boot-dk-black.php

Source on the boots?

http://www.rokinfootwear.com/

I posted a while back that I picked up these by them and I like them a lot:

jbfnK2QHOfNoi8.jpeg

I think I might hold off on those grey boots until they get their Winter stuff up on their site, but I keep checking them out every once and a while, so I think I should just get 'em.

Shiv47

Thanks. Not sure I want to chance ordering from overseas with shipping costs and potential sizing issues on the off chance of needing to return them, though. Nice boots though.

http://www.parkandbond.com/product/141839534
Ok I think I found my boots brb getting poor
Agh, those are incredible. I'm a total sucker for pebbled leather.

Speaking of which, some day I will own THESE.

Got this long sleeve today. The neck seems a lot looser in real life than in the picture.

http://www.jamesperse.com/men/tops/....do?productId=prod1410060&categoryId=cat40001
I'm not a big fan of loose fitting necks on shirts. This is the reason I've never been a fan of scoop necks.

Those are beautiful. Hmmm, to buy or not to buy? I guess I'll see how well my Australian import experience turns out before I try something from Sweden.

Agh, those are incredible. I'm a total sucker for pebbled leather.

Speaking of which, some day I will own THESE.

I'm not a big fan of loose fitting necks on shirts. This is the reason I've never been a fan of scoop necks.

Those are beautiful. Hmmm, to buy or not to buy? I guess I'll see how well my Australian import experience turns out before I try something from Sweden.

I think the transparent heel really kills those shoes. I can't imagine that looking good.

zethren

Banned
Well, the date went well! I got some opinions from some friends a few days ago, and decided that I should just wear what makes me comfortable and let's me be myself.

So I ended up wearing a tie. Lol. She liked it, so that's a plus.

I wore my current favorite outfit:

-Mid gray shirt.
-Navy Blue/White checkered tie.
-Light brown cords.
-Navy blue slip ons.
-Charcoal gray peacoat.

Also my drab Nixon Time Teller P(blue hands), but I'm always wearing that lol.

Had a lot of fun.

Well apparently the macy's ad that leaked to all of the black friday sites was incorrect so the overcoat I wanted isn't actually on sale at all. Disappointment total. :(

zethren

Banned
She liked the chequered tie ? Huh. Gamble pays off.

No one can resist a good chequered tie!

Also, I feel like it sets me apart from all of the other dudes walking around out there. Same as my cords. In a good way. At least I like to think so. Haha.

I figured, how many other guys go on dates wearing jeans an an open collared button down? A lot.

zethren

Banned
Is black or grey better with a salmon shirt?

Either. I can't pull off salmon so I don't speak from experience. I'm an earth-tone guy. I love browns mixed with blue and gray. Salmon has always been rough for me.

I think either black or a darker tone gray would look fine.

zethren

Banned
Yeah, ideally wear a khakie color pant with your salmon shirt I think. Now that I think of it, salmon and gray/black looks kinda gross.

I said I didn't speak from experience on that one. Lol

Lirlond

Nothing wrong with pink lol. Had to look up pescatarian...

Cheers for the advice, ill look into khaki coloured trousers. Probably need to be cords though, not a fan of chinos

Oh man, I stopped shopping at Macy's years ago and I forgot how bad their selection can be. Save your money and get something nicer.

Puddles

Banned
Clearly I'm not on the same level as you guys, because when I see some of those shoes, I think, "What a bargain!", but when you see them, you think, "Terrible!"

What should I be looking for, and what indicators of bad quality am I overlooking with the shoes on that page?

Clearly I'm not on the same level as you guys, because when I see some of those shoes, I think, "What a bargain!", but when you see them, you think, "Terrible!"

What should I be looking for, and what indicators of bad quality am I overlooking with the shoes on that page?

The first pair of j&m aren't bad IMO. The dockers are pretty clunky in a unappealable way. Check out Florsheim; their upper tier shoes aren't crazy expensive and they're put together nicely for the price. Allen Edmonds is another good bet, and probably easy to snag on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom