• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

goober

Anyone know where I can get a cheap, simple black zip/button-up hoodie/cardigan?

I'm looking for something American Apparel-esque in simplicity, but I'm not willing to pay that price.

Or even a bomber jacket perhaps

Good news guys. Our favorite coat is on sale over at SSENSE for $6842! Who's going to be the first one to bite and achieve the mythical ranks of the Manshion elite?

Now that I've seen these:

http://surrenderous.com/thom-browne...tted-peacoat-with-collar-and-elbow-spike.html

http://surrenderous.com/thom-browne...sports-coat-with-spikes-in-navy-cashmere.html

http://surrenderous.com/thom-browne...ers-in-navy-corduroy-with-dog-embroidery.html

That coat just seems so ... Pedestrian. By the way, re: the first link, it IS a peacoat.

Mangotron

Is Target an ok place to get button-downs and sweaters? I'd like to forgo hooded jackets/hoodies occasionally and I like the look of button downs under a sweater.

I also have a very small build, so a good fit is important. If anyone has some (fairly economical) picks for those items I'd love to hear them!

Visceir

I ended up leaving with two t-shirts and a pair of socks. Nothing fancy. Though I did see that Nordstrom Rack still had that red corduroy Gucci blazer I posted a few pages back. Still $600. Tempting.

Ask them if they can drop it down another 10% or $100 and buy it then!

Picked this up today at ALDO for $30.

26_capels_2_6.jpg

I probably wouldn't have bought it if it was full price, but for $30 bucks... I couldn't resist.

So I got the isaias coming my way. Hopefully they fit tts or I will be annoyed. Park and bond needs to step up their shipping game. Paying for ups ground... How gauche.

I think aldo can be gotten at stores but online is pretty much the best bet.

coldvein

Banned
damn some of these shoes are cheaps right now. thanks man. imma get a couple pairs.

every once in a while manshion makes me go on a consumerist explosion (ie spending more than $60 on something)

Yoshiya

Oh wow I've been putting my email address in the wrong places, I just got a spam email about Ugg Boots.

I should buy them all, right?

coldvein

Banned
damn, that aldo website is fuckin up. i have a couple pairs of shoes in my cart, i click checkout and it keeps saying my cart is empty. even here in the comfort of my own home black friday reaches out and pisses me off.

Ask them if they can drop it down another 10% or $100 and buy it then!
Do they do this? I didn't think they had much flexibility as far as the pricing goes. Realistically, it'd have to be about $400 for me to pull the trigger, although $500 would definitely get me thinking harder than I am now.

damn, that aldo website is fuckin up. i have a couple pairs of shoes in my cart, i click checkout and it keeps saying my cart is empty. even here in the comfort of my own home black friday reaches out and pisses me off.
Pretty sure they have a store on 5th.

pulling off jeremy scott is reserved only for a select group of people
...of which I've seen no one.

What does GAF think of A.P.C. Jeans?

Also, any particular brand I should go to for black jeans? Looking to spend about 100-150 euro.

Love APC. For black I would go with Naked and Famous Power Stretch, Nudie, or Rag and Bone. The N&F ones are 135 which I think is a steal.

Anyone got an opinion on these Comme Des Garcons Jack Purcells? Is it all hype? I could always save for something more expensive like Common Projects or maybe even Margiela

comme-des-garcons-converse-5-1.jpg

bowery

i feel like cdg play is for people who like buy stuff just to show the logo...or at least those are the type of people that wear it among people i know...and margiela sneakers are great but i cant merit paying 500$ for shoes id realistically be able to wear like once a month as a college student without fucking them up due to snow rain people stepping on them etc

Yoshiya

Anyone got an opinion on these Comme Des Garcons Jack Purcells? Is it all hype? I could always save for something more expensive like Common Projects or maybe even Margiela[/IMG]
They're alright if a little unexciting. I will say that Converse collaborations feel more or less exactly like the standard shoes in my experience, so the premium is for how they look and the brand, not how they feel.

What does GAF think of A.P.C. Jeans?

Also, any particular brand I should go to for black jeans? Looking to spend about 100-150 euro.
APCs are definitely GAF endorsed. Go look up any of Alucrid's WAYWT photos to seem them in action. Just be careful if you're buying them for the first time, they can be extremely slim (depending on the cut), almost shockingly so. I highly recommend trying them on in person first.

Also, I echo MiD's Naked & Famous Power Stretch endorsement. I own a pair of these in the Weird Guy cut and they're one of my all time favorite purchases. Absolutely fantastic.

Anyone got an opinion on these Comme Des Garcons Jack Purcells? Is it all hype? I could always save for something more expensive like Common Projects or maybe even Margiela
[/IMG]
I don't know, man. Nothing about those stand out to me. I'd save your money and put it towards the Common Projects or Margielas.

Mik2121

I know I'm gonna get laughed at, but whatever! I bought these sneakers a few months ago...

adidas-predator-lz-gold-black-white.jpg

But with flat sole for normal walking, not the studs.

And yesterday I grabbed these as well!

Adidas_F10_adizero_TRX_TF_silver-orange_b941.jpg

Rockin' these with some jeans and tees :p

Alucrid

Banned
i feel like cdg play is for people who like buy stuff just to show the logo...or at least those are the type of people that wear it among people i know...and margiela sneakers are great but i cant merit paying 500$ for shoes id realistically be able to wear like once a month as a college student without fucking them up due to snow rain people stepping on them etc

I haven't paid over 300 for any of my margielas or common projects. They also do fine in the rain, etc and look better when worn in

skynidas

Banned
I know I'm gonna get laughed at, but whatever! I bought these sneakers a few months ago...

But with flat sole for normal walking, not the studs.

And yesterday I grabbed these as well!

Rockin' these with some jeans and tees :p

Yeah, a good look can be pulled off with football shoes. I bought some basketball boots and you can also pull off a good, casual look with those.

^can you? i always found it tacky wearing sports clothing if you're not playing/watching a sport or doing errands

might pick up one of the blazers if they ever go on sale, but yeah they still had everything they had on the first day when i went to check it out

apparently some places have reduced the prices already on some items. i was tempted by the blazer then saw it was 100% polyester and left

skynidas

Banned
what are basketball boots?

Basketball shoes.

^can you? i always found it tacky wearing sports clothing if you're not playing/watching a sport or doing errands

Sure, at least here in Spain is very common, sure, there's some people that look like shit, but there are others that look good with their sports clothing. My main jacket for the fall is a nike varsity reversible jacket and i have got a lot of compliments from it.

if margiela and cp are too spendy (and they have gotten absurdly expensive lately), peep National Standard:

http://www.ikkon.com//designers/national-standard.html

still not cheap but far less wallet busting. made in portugal, probably alongside dries and lavin ;)

APCs are definitely GAF endorsed. Go look up any of Alucrid's WAYWT photos to seem them in action. Just be careful if you're buying them for the first time, they can be extremely slim (depending on the cut), almost shockingly so. I highly recommend trying them on in person first.

Also, I echo MiD's Naked & Famous Power Stretch endorsement. I own a pair of these in the Weird Guy cut and they're one of my all time favorite purchases. Absolutely fantastic.

Hmm that's worrying because I have very muscular legs, particularly my calves so anything too slim doesn't really work, the only way I could try them on in person Is to buy them online and return them if unsuitable! Bit of hassle but I wouldn't actually be out of pocket at the end of the day.

I'll definitely check those Naked & Famous jeans tho, heard good stuff about them in the past too.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom