• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

zethren

Banned
I've only ever bought a jacket off of Jackthreads. I've heard bad things about their shirts ending up too large.

I bought my jacket in Large and it fits just fine, albeit just a tad big.

Puddles

Banned
Check out these Ben Shermans, super cheap. This site has Florsheim as well.

http://www.lastcall.com/p/Ben-Sherm...ome2a%2BHis&eItemId=prod13640007&cmCat=search

The one shoe on the whole site that's only available in one size, and it's not mine. :(

But I scooped them up on another site for just $10 more in my size. Good call! I notice that they're basically the exact same design as Allen Edmond Strand, but about 1/3rd of the price. I had been planning on getting the Strands eventually, but these are easier on the wallet.

Visceir

waywt, still getting colder, still rocking the same ol' boring coat.

Feel free to compliment me on my awesome dark-brown boots that you can't see!

CAM010.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
Heh, it's funny that I have no problem blowing a lot of clothes but when trying to decide whether or not to upgrade my pc or tv I'm all wishy washy.

Visceir

Heh, it's funny that I have no problem blowing a lot of clothes but when trying to decide whether or not to upgrade my pc or tv I'm all wishy washy.

Maybe because there are constantly new, better TVs and PCs being released while a nice clothing item could last a longlonglong time, is rather unique and isn't easily "upgradeable"

I've been delaying buying a new laptop for ages now. But then again I'm not blowing a lot of money on clothing either...just a little!

Alucrid

Banned
Maybe because there are constantly new, better TVs and PCs being released while a nice clothing item could last a longlonglong time, is rather unique and isn't easily "upgradeable"

I've been delaying buying a new laptop for ages now. But then again I'm not blowing a lot of money on clothing either...just a little!

Fair point. I don't use my desktop all that much either, tv is meh. Maybe once mine finally kicks the bucket I will.

Visceir

Fair point. I don't use my desktop all that much either, tv is meh. Maybe once mine finally kicks the bucket I will.

I've been contemplating if I should get a more stylish thin ultrabook or a more bulky/powerful/functional ugly laptop. This kinda relates to fashion, right? Right?!

And I mainly blur out the face because I'm fairly certain that if you google my user name there will be primarly pictures displayed that I've posted in this thread.

Fake edit: pictures I've posted here and apparently Alucrid's pictures!

Visceir, that's a nice fit. I think I've said this before, but every time you post that coat you make me want to go out and buy a peacoat. Realistically, I should, but I'll stick to blowing my money on other items I don't need like jeans lol.

This is some seriously proper fitting clothing. Also, I like how most of us blur our faces out.
Me, Salazar and Bus holding it down for the face-showing crowd.

Puddles

Banned
I just ordered a peacoat today. Probably not as stylish as some of the stuff you guys have, but it looked good on me, and it should be all I need for the winter.

Salazar

I just ordered a peacoat today. Probably not as stylish as some of the stuff you guys have, but it looked good on me, and it should be all I need for the winter.

Good work.

I live too close to the equator to contemplate a peacoat, really. Even if I do tend to dress warm as a rule.

I'm there out of laziness rather than principle.

Jacket can work with a tie, but I kind of suspect that more formal ties will suck with it. Need to expand my range of low-key knit ties over Christmas. Ideally without getting my wallet destroyed.

Isn't that one of those super expensive ties?? Your wallet must be destroyed already!

do they have smooth leather things somewhere? barney's only seems to show the combaty-beaten stuff, and I already have a pair of boots in that subgenre.

I really don't know much about boot options lol.

Alright, since the other one wasn't on sale like I thought it's still almost $300 and I just don't have the money. I tried another Calvin Klein but it's a full length but cheaper and was wondering if you guys thought it fit alright. I actually went a size down for the full length so this is a 42L and my suit jacket is a 44L, 44L seems too bulky at the bottom but I was wondering how one size smaller looks. Thanks!

Alright, since the other one wasn't on sale like I thought it's still almost $300 and I just don't have the money. I tried another Calvin Klein but it's a full length but cheaper and was wondering if you guys thought it fit alright. I actually went a size down for the full length so this is a 42L and my suit jacket is a 44L, 44L seems too bulky at the bottom but I was wondering how one size smaller looks. Thanks!

Oh man, no bueno.

bowery

Wow u guys weren't kidding around with the crappy margiela h&m stuff and the few things that were good are overpriced....went to a few stores in Nyc today and they basically still had the whole collection at all the locations

Alucrid

Banned
Wow u guys weren't kidding around with the crappy margiela h&m stuff and the few things that were good are overpriced....went to a few stores in Nyc today and they basically still had the whole collection at all the locations

might pick up one of the blazers if they ever go on sale, but yeah they still had everything they had on the first day when i went to check it out

Hmm, well I need something and don't have $300 to blow. :/

It looks pretty bad- the cut isn't flattering at all. I tend to avoid topcoats for this reason.

That's great but avoiding them isn't an option, it's really cold in the winter.

Not liking the sleeve flaring out like that and it still has that Kevin Smith quality to it.

Is that something that could be easily tailored to not flare out?

I wonder if luckyboyceo has been trampled.

nah i bet he was like moses at the red sea
Made it out alive. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, granted I didn't get downtown until about noon.

Disappointed with the sales. Outside of Banana Republic (40% off entire store), most everything was only 20% or spend x amount get a $10 gift card. Online really seems to be the way to go for black friday in the fashion world.

I ended up leaving with two t-shirts and a pair of socks. Nothing fancy. Though I did see that Nordstrom Rack still had that red corduroy Gucci blazer I posted a few pages back. Still $600. Tempting.

Also, Zaraki_Kenpachi that coat is a definite no go. Go with that one you posted a few pages back that we all liked.

bowery

so i got these awesome muji touchscreen gloves that you can use with your phone/ipod etc and they are made in japan which is awesome and also a comme des garcons x cote et ciel case for my air and thats the damage for this black friday...neither of those was on sale...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom