• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

I need some help finding jeans

I've never been able to find a pair of jeans that fit me correctly. I'm an athlete, and have a small waist but a big butt and thighs, which makes finding a good pair of jeans a nightmare. I usually end up going relaxed fit, but they get real baggy after my knee and it looks like crap.

What kind of jeans would you guys recommend, and where could I buy them? I'd have to try them on first, so it would have to be from a store.

Thanks guys

a tapered cut might work. For example, the Levi's 508s would be an easy suggestion to try out.

I got my Cheap Monday chinos today; the fit is kind of weird; I'm assuming they're supposed to be pretty low waisted, but the waist feels more like a 29 or 30 (yeah, I'm a 28). They were pretty cheap so I'll probably hang on to them 'cause I have nothing else that colour (orangey-copper), but they have nothing on my Dr. Denim chinos which have been hands down my favourite. Too bad it's such a pain finding places that stock them.

zchen

I've never been able to find a pair of jeans that fit me correctly. I'm an athlete, and have a small waist but a big butt and thighs, which makes finding a good pair of jeans a nightmare. I usually end up going relaxed fit, but they get real baggy after my knee and it looks like crap.

What kind of jeans would you guys recommend, and where could I buy them? I'd have to try them on first, so it would have to be from a store.

Thanks guys

Think some one already brought up tapered 508s, you can also try 513 or 514, or even 501 shrink to fit.

Rookje

so you owe all of fashion-gaf a drink. no more sneakers for you for a while.

also holy fuck at that T1

hoyl

fuckks

KfwLNl.jpg

Yea, def gonna kop if my MDR turns out fitting well with the measurements I sent in.

I've never been able to find a pair of jeans that fit me correctly. I'm an athlete, and have a small waist but a big butt and thighs, which makes finding a good pair of jeans a nightmare.
I know that feel, bro. I've always had to get larger waist sizes because of my humongous ass, and then used a belt tighten that shit up.

First post of GAF, and it isn't even about games.

I always thought I was the only gamer interested in fashion. I have friends who are fashionable, and I have friends who are gamers, but the two circles never crossed. So, it's great to see that there is a community out there for those like me.

Anyways...

What do you all think about Ann Demastuleester? (prolly not the right spelling, but whatever) Though she puts out a lot of ugly stuff, when she hits, she hits hard. Am I alone in loving her? Personally, I love to contrast a single crazy piece of clothing from Ann with something much more restrained and minimal, preferably from Neil Barret. Makes for a very striking outfit.

I actually dig elements of that look. The sweater needs to go, but I like the colors overall.

http://www.indochino.com/product/the-burgundy-herringbone-suit#custom-made

Someone please embed that image in their next post, As I am on mobile, thank you!

What are the thoughts on that suit in a professional environment? I feel it looks amazing, but is it too over top, knowing I will be dealing with attorneys?

Also, I love the fit of those suits. Very slimmfitting and tailored. They are custom after all!
That suit would be better without the faint pinstripes, that's the only thing that puts it over the top for me. Love the color though. I think a burgundy or maroon suit is definitely wearable and when worn right, looks absolutely striking, regardless of the setting.

I always thought I was the only gamer interested in fashion. I have friends who are fashionable, and I have friends who are gamers, but the two circles never crossed. So, it's great to see that there is a community out there for those like me.

Anyways...

What do you all think about Ann Demastuleester? (prolly not the right spelling, but whatever) Though she puts out a lot of ugly stuff, when she hits, she hits hard. Am I alone in loving her? Personally, I love to contrast a single crazy piece of clothing from Ann with something much more restrained and minimal, preferably from Neil Barret. Makes for a very striking outfit.
First off, welcome!

Secondly, I actually wasn't familiar with Ann Demeulemeester until you brought it up, but I checked out a few of her things on Barney's and they have some very interesting pieces. I'd need to spend some more time doing research before I form an actual opinion however. Regardless, thanks for the tip! Stick around the "Manshion" thread (name subject to change, soon hopefully).

Yoshiya

She's really gone for the dip dye look this season. Wasn't there another designer that made some notable sweaters with that (almost identical) look?

She's really gone for the dip dye look this season. Wasn't there another designer that made some notable sweaters with that (almost identical) look?

I have a Neil Barret sweater that is very similar to her 'dip dies', as you call them. Not actually that much a fan of her current collection, but her S/S 2012 was amazing.

Alucrid

Banned

Anyways...

Ann D is fucking great. I'll definitely grab a pair of vitello boots if I ever found any. That said I'm curious as to what you think is considered as ugly or crazy from her.

Pretty sure everyone went the dip dye route this season. That said you might be thinking of Robert Geller.

Aegus

Think I'm going to replace my pair of Y-3 Sprints trainers. Got them in 2008 and they're pretty much the best trainers I've ever had. Wore them for 3 years straight and they're my go to trainers for comfort. They slip on like a pair of gloves.

An updated list of reliable/interesting online stores would be killer, tbh.

here are some i have bookmarked:

www.ln-cc.com
www.cruisefashion.co.uk
www.blackbirdballard.com
www.shopacrimony.com
www.suspensionpoint.ca
www.porvocacao.com
www.guyiconsignment.com
www.matchesfashion.com
www.antonioli.eu/men
www.forwardbyelysewalker.com
www.thecorner.com
www.tresbienshop.com
www.luisaviaroma.com
www.ssense.com
www.mrporter.com
www.yoox.com

i've only really paid attention to her tops, not so much to outerwear or bottoms but what i've seen has always looked nice and comfy in a pretty simple way (i tend to avoid crazy stuff). and yeah, i could never spell the surname so just say "ann d"

Thanks for the answers guys...I remember trying on a bunch of different Levi cuts and none of them fitting right, but I'll write down the ones you guys suggested. Also gonna see if there's a store near my house that'll take measurements and suggest a cut

zethren

Banned
Manshion is a bit silly, don't you think?

And I agree with the earlier sentiment that "Professor Badass" needs to go. Lol. I think he dresses awfully in that picture.

coldvein

Banned
it is a bit silly, but i kinda like it for that.

a change to something more generic and boring like "official menswear and fashion thread!" would not be a change for the better in my opinion.

GBONZZZZ

Anybody know where to find Nudie Jeans online aside from their website and ssense? Also a website that ships to Canada would be appreciated.

Edit: I also tried looking on the website given on the first page

Thanks.

zethren

Banned
First one is nice. Second one is a sleeping bag.

If you want that somewhat puffy look, luckyboy posted a nice alternative to that kind of jacket I think last page. It was a vest, but I think it looks much better.

zethren

Banned
Yeah, looks better in black, but I do like the first one. My question is if it's thick enough for Iowa winter. I have a nice fall coat so I'd rather not get this and find out it's not warm enough.

If you already have a nice fall coat, I'd say spring for a thicker winter jacket, yeah.

Go for a nice trench or pea coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom