• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFMOORE!

J.Crew has a 30% off coupon for all items. Very tempted to get the Alden 405s. Down to $360 after discount.

(Some nice Barbour jackets on sale as well).

hate to burst your bubble, those discounts never apply to the 3rd party stuff.

**and it looks like it is actually working on these, so i'd say pull the trigger on a good deal while it is there.

Rainy day edition.

jrKzElNyRAxrx.JPG

hate to burst your bubble, those discounts never apply to the 3rd party stuff.

**and it looks like it is actually working on these, so i'd say pull the trigger on a good deal while it is there.

Usually not, but this one does. I see the discount reflected in my shopping cart. Free shipping as well.

**Just saw your edit. :)

zethren

Banned
5'11 - 200 or so. I wear mediums in my polos, but larges in other stuff. It's weird. My Banana Republic jacket is a medium and just a tad too tight.

Hmm. I'm 6'1" and just under 200. I wear a Large in T shirts and a Medium in collared shirts. Again, my pea coat is Medium and fits perfectly. That's me though. Sizing online can be silly.

Imm0rt4l

What's your price range? Right now one of my favorite, decently priced options are the Nordstrom's Calibrate shirts. They're a Nordstrom's brand, but they come in both slim and trim fits (which is even slimmer than slim), and have very little baggage in back when tucked in, which is what I assume your problem is. Usually retail for $60. Outside of that, Ted Baker is a pretty decent, somewhat affordable option.

Thanks a lot, I'll give that a look when I hit the strip tomorrow. That sort of price range seems reasonable to me. Any other suggestions would be appreciated, but I'll be looking for a tailor in my area as well.

Yoshiya

Who the fuck bids heavily five days out? Now you've basically guaranteed that this guy will be sitting at his computer refreshing the auction as the timer winds down to zero.

Make one bid, at the absolute maximum you'd be willing to pay, at < 5 seconds before the auction ends.

I just intended to test whether the very low prices on most of the items were actually indicative of interest with a low bid or two, but it very quickly became clear that there was a bid in place way above what I was going to go to. Hence angrily.

Jimothy

Hurricane Sandy messed up their logistics- it'll probably be a few more weeks before it's fully back to normal.

Yeah, I ordered about $200 worth of stuff from them the day the online store opened, and the entire order was destroyed before they could ship it to me. :(

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I have never ordered from Uniqlo, what is so great about them?
They have a really cool website that automatically shifts the items over when you resize the page. Also, their stuff feels nice and is cheap enough that I can afford it.

bob page

I have never ordered from Uniqlo, what is so great about them?

Cheap + good quality (for the price). I buy most of my undershirts there (they fit awesome), their slim dress shirts are great for $30, and their down coats are a great value.

ie. if you're on a budget, it's a top choice.

They were $20, I got two pairs. ;( got them locally from the place that's altering my caban coat. I'll wear these around a bit and see how I like them before I dig through the internets for cheaper options.

Damn. Is there a label for these items? Cant seen to find any. Google image search only returns results from other online resellers. These jackets must exist somewhere...

CFMOORE!

never buy those lame things from the asian ebay sellers. they're pinned all to hell and will never look like that on you. just forget they exist.

CFMOORE!

My friend from Asia just replied back to me. He recommends this site, its pretty popular in Korea and they seem to have similar jacket styles

http://english.gmarket.co.kr/challenge/neo_category/category.asp?gdlc_cd=100000046

that really doesn't change much. stylistically, the items themselves aren't insanely horrible, some are though, problem comes from the lying in how they present the clothes. that would be the only reason i would say stay away. also, in these particular cases i would probably safely assume the cheap prices indicate poor build quality. there is no need to spend hundreds on a sweater, but at least buy from companies/people not lying about fit.

zethren

Banned
i hope it's a harem anime

One of dem harems full of dudes, where the one socially awkward teen girl who just can't get a boyfriend due to her otaku-ness has to spend her entire summer because it was the dying wish of a wealthy distant uncle.

Not a good harem.

Need advise: picked up a beige fitted blazer from Top Shop. What colored dress shirt should I wear under it? I was thinking of a dark blue to contrast the beige, and then accessorizing with a dark grey infinity scarf. For pants, I'm wearing dark denim and beige/sand color Clark's.

Thoughts?

zethren

Banned
Don't wear a dark blue shirt with dark denims.

Any neutral color lighter than the blazer would be fine for your shirt. You can even wear a white/off white shirt and I think it would look good with that outfit.

Oooo, grab a chocolate brown vest and wear it underneath the blazer with a white shirt. Would look nice with that outfit. Random suggestion lol.

Damn. Is there a label for these items? Cant seen to find any. Google image search only returns results from other online resellers. These jackets must exist somewhere...
They exist, they just don't look anything like what they look like in the photos.

Honestly dude, this is fashion advice 101 and really should be in the title of the thread, don't ever buy clothes from those asian ebay sites. They're the worst of the worst.

that really doesn't change much. stylistically, the items themselves aren't insanely horrible, some are though, problem comes from the lying in how they present the clothes. that would be the only reason i would say stay away. also, in these particular cases i would probably safely assume the cheap prices indicate poor build quality. there is no need to spend hundreds on a sweater, but at least buy from companies/people not lying about fit.
Basically this.

And this.

Can someone please recommend some notably slim brands for men's shirts(not dress shirts)?

I am having difficulties buying t - shirts, polos, long sleeve, henley, basics ect.. .

5'11

36-37' chest

27'-28' waist

ps. super high end is not in my budget

Ash_69

I want this. Can anyone find an ebay seller for this item?

2012-new-men-s-hoodies-sweatshirt-cardigan-jacket-coats-c68c.jpg

I found this seller, which is offering similar styles but cant seem to find this jacket

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/marcmart-home/Clothing-and-accessories-/_i.html?_fsub=5506194018

Don't listen to those that say these are pinned to hell, don't look like that etc. It actually looks very similar and quality wise is fine for the cost - think primark.

Source - I OWN THE EXACT SAME JACKET (took a punt as it was so cheap and it actually turned out ok!)

Don't listen to those that say these are pinned to hell, don't look like that etc. It actually looks very similar and quality wise is fine for the cost - think primark.

Source - I OWN THE EXACT SAME JACKET (took a punt as it was so cheap and it actually turned out ok!)

Gotta be trolling.

Apeopleman

He's not trolling,

I actually have purchased a cotton jacket once, and it was the same fit as the picture. My only advice is to not buy pleather from asia. Everything else (cotton, leather, lycra) is fine.

Also to the person who wanted a very slim dress shirt, I just ordered 1 of this http://www.ebay.com/itm/28102140368...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 due to its cheapness, vividness of color (I got athens blue) and just to see how well they really fit. Hey, if its a shitty shirt, oh well I'm out 12 bucks, no big deal. If I like it, I'll probably get alot of them since the colors look really nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom