• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Well you ask for interesting fits then you post a boring fit.

ibx8y4L9gS7HaW.gif

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I think I'm going to order a new pair of jeans. I love the Levi's tapered fit ones someone here recommended, the only worry I have is that I have to wear tighter shirts with them. If I wear anything that is a bit baggy at all it looks bad. I'm now wondering if my next pair should be a more straight fit to complement them when needed.

Though then I run into my big thigh issues again. Might have to go try on a bunch this weekend.

EDIT:
If I were to go with another tapered pair and went with grey like below, what color Clarks would go with them well? Black?

Is someone here really trying to make the case that all shirts are the same quality? You do realize that the cheaper shirts get cheaper fabrics and shitty stitching that falls apart way before something made with quality and craftsmanship. You would have to have one rough ass lifestyle for it not to matter. You're also probably not washing and taking care of it properly.

Breaking in my yardwork russel mocassins.

What jeans?

Alright guys, remember that leather jacket I imported from Australia? Well it came in today and it fits great (thanks for your prayers). I'm glad I sized down, it fits exactly how I wanted it to.

Thoughts? Also, I agree with Sean's sentiment that there should be more outfit inspiration spread out throughout this thread. I'll try and post pictures as I come across them.

Alright guys, remember that leather jacket I imported from Australia? Well it came in today and it fits great (thanks for your prayers). I'm glad I sized down, it fits exactly how I wanted it to.

Thoughts? Also, I agree with Sean's sentiment that there should be more outfit inspiration spread out throughout this thread. I'll try and post pictures as I come across them.

Looks great! With your hair that way and the white shirt, looks a little greaser. Do you think that jacket will look ok with a dressy shirt too? Not to familiar with leather jackets.

Looking good. Have you ever posted an outfit in this thread that wasn't amazing?
Thanks man. And yes there's definitely an outfit in the depths of this thread that I'm not too fond of.

ok since we're doing this here's my outfit for the day:

finally got my boots in the right size
Love the neutral palette with colored boots.

Looks great! With your hair that way and the white shirt, looks a little greaser. Do you think that jacket will look ok with a dressy shirt too? Not to familiar with leather jackets.
Yeah, I'm not actually planning on wearing it with that outfit, it was just what I was wearing at the time. I thought the same thing though.

I think I'll be able to make it work with a dress shirt. Certainly one without a tie, but I think a grey wool tie will look fine as well. I have to do some experimenting but I think I'll come up with something good.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?

Wow I really like that jacket.

zethren

Banned
in my opinion you can't listen to a comment like his. to him it is boring and to me what he wears is boring. just look at what YOU like and be fine with it.

Agreed with the "look how you like" sentiment, absolutely.

Everyone in here has a varying taste and style.

Personally, I don't like the sneakers that the first picture you posted (Sean!) had on and agree that a nicer pair of shoes would make the outfit look good. Also, I agree with the less tapering of the pants. I typically don't like much of a taper at all, if any.

I for one like a lot of the styles you guys have. It's really just a matter of what you can pull off. For instance, if I wore some of the stuff waypoetic wears I would be laughed out of town and yet it works on him. Some people can just make things work.

Tomodachi

Is this bad too T_T
I don't think simple means boring, and simple/neat is always a great start. Little by little you'll learn to wear more extravagant accessories and stuff, and be confortable with them.
I think color picks are very nice in both of the outfits you posted, I'd definitely wear those for university or random afternoons. But I have to say that guy sure has a terrible taste when it comes to shoes :p

mooooose

SIGH I found these old fits of mine and I miss dressing like this a lot. Now I dress in boring clothes, most because I am too broke to justify buying a new pair of good raws and I have little interest in shoes anymore and all the brands I liked are dead/dying.

0119010006.jpg

fitwr.jpg

Futura, Union (RIP), Supreme Beanie (already after hype), Nike x Futura AF1, Vans, and Samurai 5000. I miss these days...

Alucrid

Banned
those would be pretty cool actually

I carved out "sick" and but it in my left back pocket and "fadez" and put it in my right back pocket. shit was awesome

in my opinion you can't listen to a comment like his. to him it is boring and to me what he wears is boring. just look at what YOU like and be fine with it.

you saying my opinion is wrong?

New guy to manshion and looking for tips.
What jacket is this? It looks great same for the shoes.

Temple of Jawnz T-1
Maison Martin Margiela Side Zips

CFMOORE!

I carved out "sick" and but it in my left back pocket and "fadez" and put it in my right back pocket. shit was awesome

you saying my opinion is wrong?

Temple of Jawnz T-1
Maison Martin Margiela Side Zips

your opinion of the outfit being boring? to me it is a wrong opinion, to others they might like the outfit quite a bit for its fit which isn't seen often in the wild as most people wear ill fitting clothes most of the time. personally i don't like anything you post as your personal favorites in style. Nor Mac's stuff, but that is what YOU guys like. This thread is for people to share their personal faves, give opinions and the like. It irks me when someone like Sean, though probably joking, posts a dejected response as if he didn't win the approval of some god of fashion.

Alucrid

Banned
your opinion of the outfit being boring? to me it is a wrong opinion, to others they might like the outfit quite a bit for its fit which isn't seen often in the wild as most people wear ill fitting clothes most of the time. personally i don't like anything you post as your personal favorites in style. Nor Mac's stuff, but that is what YOU guys like. This thread is for people to share their personal faves, give opinions and the like. It irks me when someone like Sean, though probably joking posts a dejected response as if he didn't win the approval of some god of fashion.

yo you don't get fashion

and by fashion i mean sarcasm

i highly doubt anyone is coming out of this thread completely dejected and torn down

expect the asian clothes dude guy. we can agree on that right?

CFMOORE!

yo you don't get fashion

and by fashion i mean sarcasm

i highly doubt anyone is coming out of this thread completely dejected and torn down

expect the asian clothes dude guy. we can agree on that right?

absolutely on the asian clothes guy. though i do think some leave here disappointed when they feel they can't live up to the $700 boots you buy and things of this nature. there are sometimes some insane expectations set here.

Lu Vootawn 2013 pre-summer

Must suck for Hedi that Balmain SS 2013 is more a reflection of what Dior Homme would be today than Yve-er, Saint Laurent Paris

Coca Cola (yes, that one) inflicting hate crimes upon the people of Brazil. Will nobody hold these corporations responsible?

you had me at leather pants and questionable laceups, Givenchy, but that last dude... I know that feel.

Alucrid

Banned
absolutely on the asian clothes guy. though i do think some leave here disappointed when they feel they can't live up to the $700 boots you buy and things of this nature. there are sometimes some insane expectations set here.

i guess i let myself go too far sometimes, so i'll try and check myself more often and go by the rule of if you have nothing "insert positive here" to say then say nothing at all.

But still, why didn't I invest in high tops earlier?

givenchy is probably my favorite word to say.

What's the verdict on wearing white pants during Fall/Winter? Is this strictly a Spring/Summer thing?

I for one like a lot of the styles you guys have. It's really just a matter of what you can pull off. For instance, if I wore some of the stuff waypoetic wears I would be laughed out of town and yet it works on him. Some people can just make things work.
Agreed. It's all about finding what works for you. I too, would look like a clown trying to dress like waypoetic or Zekes for that matter, but they make it work. That's what fashion is all about.

Alucrid

Banned
oh and alexander wang is at balenciaga now.
http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/des...esign-balenciaga-6510758?module=hp-topstories
The choice of Wang suggests Balenciaga might wish to dial down the elitist, couture-like approach of Ghesquière, and open up to a broader audience with a designer prized for his sportswear approach and youthful energy.

ehhh

What's the verdict on wearing white pants during Fall/Winter? Is this strictly a Spring/Summer thing?

Agreed. It's all about finding what works for you. I too, would look like a clown trying to dress like waypoetic or Zekes for that matter, but they make it work. That's what fashion is all about.

I don't think anyone will really care

CFMOORE!

i guess i let myself go too far sometimes, so i'll try and check myself more often and go by the rule of if you have nothing "insert positive here" to say then say nothing at all.

But still, why didn't I invest in high tops earlier?

givenchy is probably my favorite word to say.

god i dislike you. congrats, you managed to get a random stranger on the internet to actually dislike a random person due to stupid insincere posts they make in a fashion thread of all places.

Alucrid

Banned
god i dislike you. congrats, you managed to get a random stranger on the internet to actually dislike a random person due to stupid insincere posts they make in a fashion thread of all places.

But that was actually one of my sincere posts. I suppose that I do go overboard sometimes and probably would be better if I didn't post period. I also do quite like the high tops I just got and Givenchy is actually a fun word to pronounce.

Where's the best place to kop MMM side zips?

Yoox if they have them, Mr Porter has a pair on sale, you can get the H&M x MMM collaboration ones, or check and see what the MMM e-boutique has on sale.

I don't actually own any white pants, but they're on my list of things to get. I probably won't buy them till around March at the earliest, and maybe even later considering that's basically still Winter in Seattle.

Oh and Sean, for the record I actually dig that outfit you posted with the sneakers.

Puddles

Banned
I don't own any pants that are actually white, but I do have some very light khakis that are almost white. I just don't wear them if there's a chance of them getting dirty, so basically not in the rain. I also live in Los Angeles, so there's no snow to worry about.

I initially felt a little bit down when someone told me the Oxfords I was looking at were terrible, but after a few seconds of that I just googled some style guides and ended up investing in the Allen Edmond Strands I had been eyeing for awhile instead of going cheap on shoes that would wear out in a year.

I feel like I know about 10x more about style than I did two months ago thanks to this thread.

I initially felt a little bit down when someone told me the Oxfords I was looking at were terrible, but after a few seconds of that I just googled some style guides and ended up investing in the Allen Edmond Strands I had been eyeing for awhile instead of going cheap on shoes that would wear out in a year.

I feel like I know about 10x more about fashion than I did two months ago thanks to this thread.

It's that fine line between constructive criticism and shitting on anything that isn't super obscure and 700 dollars minimum. Usually the price is justified though, I mean those ToJ jackets are worth every penny.

Also, thoughts? Good sale price.

http://us.asos.com/Selected-Basebal...jdGVkLUJhc2ViYWxsLUxlYXRoZXItSmFja2V0L1Byb2Qv

Puddles

Banned
It's all about utility for me. I'm a grad student who works <20 hours a week as a research assistant, so I don't have a ton of money most of the time. If I'm going to drop a large amount of money on something, it should be something that I can use with a lot of different outfits or something that I can wear for years. So the most expensive things I bought in my recent splurge were the Strands, along with a nice pea coat (the pea coat was on sale though).

If I were making mad cash, I'd definitely be buying more $700 shit, and probably some Samurai jeans.

I feel like I know about 10x more about style than I did two months ago thanks to this thread.
That's awesome! I love reading these kind of statements.

I'd totally dig that if it wasn't for the two pockets at the bottom of the coat. Looks like a good price though.

Also, the model's face bugs the hell out of me.

Swear London.
Link? You probably posted it in the past but I'm too lazy to look it up. I've been looking for some black combat style boots.

Apeopleman

It's all about utility for me. I'm a grad student who works <20 hours a week as a research assistant, so I don't have a ton of money most of the time. If I'm going to drop a large amount of money on something, it should be something that I can use with a lot of different outfits or something that I can wear for years. So the most expensive things I bought in my recent splurge were the Strands, along with a nice pea coat (the pea coat was on sale though).

If I were making mad cash, I'd definitely be buying more $700 shit, and probably some Samurai jeans.

That's the case for many people. Money is definitely an issue for most people.

Also, luckyboyceo makes this thread very pleasant and really knows how to criticize in a mature, kind manner. I'm sure he knows he's well appreciated here.

Fashion is a passion of mine, as it is of many posters in this thread, but lets remember its all subjective. Everyone but one person can hate a piece of clothing, but if the wearer is happy, that's all that matters. Don't take anything said in this thread to heart.

GAF, recommend me some shoes that I can order? My size is 13, I am brown with dark hair(black).

I will be wearing this coat with jeans. Need sneakers/shoes to use them for everyday use, walk around the city, there will be snow, I live in the east coast.

wool-blend-coat-black.jpg

Though boots will be better for snow, I like sneakers because they are more comfy..

purg3

slept with Malkin
Need help finding a tie. I'm looking for something to go with a navy/white check gingham oxford shirt. It will be paired with dark jeans and probably a greyish cardigan. Would solid blue be too much blue? Or should I go with a blue with white dots to offset the straight lines of the shirt? Also what material would be good? Also looking to get it off of thetiebar.com. Looking for ties sucks...

stealth edit: should I go for skinny tie or regular, I'm a pretty slim dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom