• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about getting these shoes.

22168M050007_1_2.jpg

I normally stay pretty monochromatic, so this is a little outside my comfort zone. That said, there is a certain allure to them. What do you all think? If I pull them off, then fantastic. If not though, I'm down four hundred bucks.

Ash_69

Lol at all of you calling trolling. Also, funny gifs don't help give any more authority to your baseless assertions.

Do you think I am earning back handers from this company by saying it fits as shown? They are very slim fitting. Mine is ever so slightly long as I'm 5'6 and bought a medium, that's the only thing that differs fit wise compared to what's shown.

Also, to make this post worth while, I had a shopping spree in Bicester Village over the weekend. It is FANTASTIC and I would highly recommend it as long as you go early. Picked up some great bargains in Ralph Lauren (although expect to queue), Lacoste and Salvatore Ferragamo.

zethren

Banned
I mean, I very well imagine that you could have the build required to pull off one of those Asian jackets. Problem is that I still imagine that the quality just isn't there regardless. After a few washes they probably fall apart.

Grats to those that look good in them, I guess?

sikkinixx

I wanna get some decent black leather shoes that can also be dressed down a bit if I wear Jeans and a nice shirt. It's for work but I hate having to be TOO dressed up (sub teacher). Something about black wingtips make me smile but is that gonna be too much?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So I'm pulling the trigger on the peacoat from Uniqlo. It's $99.90 and you get free shipping at $100....

Any suggestion for something on the less expensive side I should order as well to put me over?

I wanna get some decent black leather shoes that can also be dressed down a bit if I wear Jeans and a nice shirt. It's for work but I hate having to be TOO dressed up (sub teacher). Something about black wingtips make me smile but is that gonna be too much?
nothing better than a swagged out teach. if you don't want it to look too dressy get burgundy or brown, especially if you're wearing jeans.

Anyone have a recommendation for a good pair of gloves for winter? I hate my bulky leather gloves and my thin touchscreen gloves aren't really warm enough.

Lunchbox

Banned
Also to the person who wanted a very slim dress shirt, I just ordered 1 of this http://www.ebay.com/itm/28102140368...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 due to its cheapness, vividness of color (I got athens blue) and just to see how well they really fit. Hey, if its a shitty shirt, oh well I'm out 12 bucks, no big deal. If I like it, I'll probably get alot of them since the colors look really nice

those look like theyre being pinned in the back on the model pics

post your impressions when you get them, ill order if they're decent

Lunchbox

Banned
They have product measurements on the site so I don't see why you can't get it right the first time.

Lunch Box, impressions, no, pictures, yes.

are they actually slim or are they macy's shirts being pinned to look fitted.

dont care about quality just need the fitting info, so they dont sag in the back like some of my work shirts do

Anyone have a recommendation for a good pair of gloves for winter? I hate my bulky leather gloves and my thin touchscreen gloves aren't really warm enough.
Leather Gloves Online makes good stuff for the price. I don't have any of the winter gloves but I hear a lot of good things about the rabbit fur ones.

Alucrid

Banned
are they actually slim or are they macy's shirts being pinned to look fitted.

dont care about quality just need the fitting info, so they dont sag in the back like some of my work shirts do

Probably pinned. Skin tight shirts like that look bad anyways. You should care about the quality. Just get your other shirts tailored. Add darts and you won't have that issue.

Ash_69

Shirts are the poorest cut clothing item made. I get all of my work shirts from Tailor Store www.tailorstore.co.uk and have never looked back. It is a bit of a ball ache putting all of your measurements in initially (I chose measure a shirt option which they will mimmick in fit) and the first shirt won't be perfect but assuming you make the right alternations second time round, they should fit perfect and are superb quality.

They might strike you as a little pricey but there are often discount codes available online.

Apeopleman

I share the same opinion with you; I don't care about the quality, as dress shirts wear after time through sweat and washing anyway.

I got the shirt today, and it came very fast considering its from Asia and I'm in New York.

Right out the package, I could tell its a cheap, thin shirt, but I expected that for its price. The color Athens blue is pretty nice.

Once I tried it on, the shoulders, chest and neck were perfect on me. I am a 6 foot, 167 pound white male that exercises often, with a 40 inch chest, and 16 inch ~ neck so my shoulders and chest are fairly defined and the shirt definitely flatters my figure.

Going down though, there is a little bit of the dreaded bagginess in the back, HOWEVER it isnt bad at all, and if I honestly wanted too, I could get it darted/tailored, but its simply not neccesary.

Yes, it does not look like in the stock photo, but lets be honest. You wouldnt be able to move in that tight of a fit, and would probably pop a button or 2.

NOTE: i realized something. The other sellers who also carry this item ( at a more expensive price) have the sizes listed diferently. The one I bought from has the Asian XXL listed as a US medium with a 41.7 inch chest, and the asian XL listed as a US small, with a 40.2 inch chest. Other sellers have the asian XL as a Medium and the asian XXL as a large. Thank god I went with the XXL, the shirt is perfect as is.

If enough people demand here, I will make a brief video showing the fit.

Overall, I am pleased.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Petite coat or Pea coat... I keep getting the two mixed up. I want a really nice one. I would prefer a more slender design version of them. So a slim one

I don't mind spending a bit more money(Under 200$ would be nice, less better, but I really need something that will last me a few years and keep me warm, which is why I'm willing to spend far more than normal to begin with.

On the cheap Asian clothing, lots of it is just trash to begin with. But I've had some luck with the dress shirts, but to note. I'm as flat as a washboard and 130ish, while being 5.10. And they still aren't as good as just paying an extra 15$ at express for one of their shirts. So if you want to take the risk on it, sure, but otherwise I would say avoid it.

Apeopleman

Just take a picture. That said if you don't care about quality you've never owned a quality item

Read my post more clearly; I said I dont care about the quality of dress shirts. I dont expect any shirt to last too long regardless of quality due to me wearing and washing it very often

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I wish that more pictures of cool outfits could be posted here. It would be great if the OP of our next thread would take time to gather some pictures to post every other day or something. This would be incredibly helpful to me.

The reason I ask is because I need to come up with some ideas of clothing combinations that are more appealing than a random tee with some nice pants.

I wish that more pictures of cool outfits could be posted here. It would be great if the OP of our next thread would take time to gather some pictures to post every other day or something. This would be incredibly helpful to me.

The reason I ask is because I need to come up with some ideas of clothing combinations that are more appealing than a random tee with some nice pants.

I find that the Men's Fashion category on Pinterest is always full of great eye-candy. Skews more to the formal side though.

http://pinterest.com/all/?category=mens_fashion

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I find that the Men's Fashion category on Pinterest is always full of great eye-candy. Skews more to the formal side though.

http://pinterest.com/all/?category=mens_fashion

I like this one...

37154765645987288_VxNO2Aiv_c.jpg

Its simple, but it is kind of what I mean. I want people to post more inspirational pictures so that new comers can get a better idea of what colors work well together, and if the pieces of an outfit are too expensive, maybe buy similar products with the same color scheme.

Read my post more clearly; I said I dont care about the quality of dress shirts. I dont expect any shirt to last too long regardless of quality due to me wearing and washing it very often

i have dress shirts i've been wearing regularly for years and they're still holding up just fine

coldvein

Banned
so i got those 2 pairs of black friday aldos in the mail, and i like em alright. one of the pairs is like .. all pointy and shit, like dress-shoe shape, which usually isn't my jam. im in uncharted shoe territory here

Alucrid

Banned
You have never owned a nice dress shirt.

Style forum waywt thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom