• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really feeling this trend of slim fit trousers/jeans with boots. Another comment worth considering is that the model's face and hair plays a large role in the appearance of their overall outfit e.g. there are some outfits [their colour] better suited for blondes.

I know I have already asked this in the page but I am about to make an order with few other items on Puma. I do have a 40% off coupon, so the prices are quite tempting.

Any sneaker recommendations with this coat? I live in the east coast, so yes, there is snow.

wool-blend-coat-black.jpg

http://www.shop.puma.ca/men/shoes/sneakers/23110,en_CA,sc.html

The coupon expires midnight, so I will have to make my order soon. Thanks in advance guys.

I would recommend against wearing sneakers with this type of coat.

Apeopleman

Not really feeling this trend of slim fit trousers/jeans with boots. Another comment worth considering is that the model's face and hair plays a large role in the appearance of their overall outfit e.g. there are some outfits [their colour] better suited for blondes.

Well it works if you tuck the jeans inside the boots, I like that style. But if you prefer the jeans to go over the boot and touch the sole, it probably won't work because of the tapering of slim fit/skinny jeans

Yes, I agree, certain models do make the outfit look good, its a science. That's why when you put on what the model got, it rarely looks as good.

Good info, thanks man. I'll have to check it out next time I'm browsing the cologne section.

Thanks dude. The hair is nothing fancy, just a #2 on the sides with some blending and some product. Thanks for the kind words though.

Also, new page, time for some inspiration pictures:

Really liking the last pic.

How do you think these would do?

199812_Merrell%20Shiver%20Moc%20black.jpg

No, just no.

What do you guys think about this jacket?

7999981_Big.jpg

Nice.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Gentlemen, I need some advice.

I know not everyone here is a fan of Godlike Velvet blazers/jackets, but I'm thinking of having one I own tailored. Specifically, I'd like to have it taken in in the torso/back area (shoulders and sleeves are perfect), but I want a close fit.

Anyone had this done before? Would alterations on a velvet jacket be visible?

Gentlemen, I need some advice.

I know not everyone here is a fan of Godlike Velvet blazers/jackets, but I'm thinking of having one I own tailored. Specifically, I'd like to have it taken in in the torso/back area (shoulders and sleeves are perfect), but I want a close fit.

Anyone had this done before? Would alterations on a velvet jacket be visible?
Taking it in shouldn't be a problem, taking it out would be. Cosmic Bus should be able to answer with real world experience, though :p

Puddles

Banned
So my Clarks Desert Boots were my first suede leather articles of clothing ever. I was quite ignorant about suede, and I wore them outside yesterday after it had rained. It wasn't pouring, but it did sprinkle a bit at some point.

Apparently I was supposed to apply some sort of water-protection to the boots. I was unaware of that, and did not. Now they have a few dark water spots.

What are my options at this point? I can go out and buy that water-protection spray, but I'd like to get rid of the water stains first, if possible.

Alucrid

Banned
So my Clarks Desert Boots were my first suede leather articles of clothing ever. I was quite ignorant about suede, and I wore them outside yesterday after it had rained. It wasn't pouring, but it did sprinkle a bit at some point.

Apparently I was supposed to apply some sort of water-protection to the boots. I was unaware of that, and did not. Now they have a few dark water spots.

What are my options at this point? I can go out and buy that water-protection spray, but I'd like to get rid of the water stains first, if possible.

buy a suede brush use that to get out the spots, then use the spray, but ideally just don't wear them when it rains.

LL
LL

Puddles

Banned
Thanks for the advice. I'll swing by some shoe stores and see if they sell that brush.

What are some good boots to get for rainy days?

Antagon

Don't fret, some raindrops won't ruin suede. the gum will fix em up. In my ignorance I've worn my suede shoes to parties and had them soaked in beer and they even recovered from that. Won't recommend that though.

Tried on some desert boots a couple of days ago. I like the style, but those are the worst fitting shoes I ever tried on. Guess I'll keep it to my iron rangers and some oxfords once in a while for the winter.

Can't wait to see what the boots'll look Ike after a few days of snow though. Should age great.

zethren

Banned
In regards to one of the inspiration pics up top, who in here actually lets their collars extend outside of their sweaters when they wear them together? I feel like that looks pretty bad, but maybe that's just me. I make sure the tips of my collar are always tucked into the sweater.

I love this look though. It's close to what I've been trying to put together.

Alucrid

Banned
In regards to one of the inspiration pics up top, who in here actually lets their collars extend outside of their sweaters when they wear them together? I feel like that looks pretty bad, but maybe that's just me. I make sure the tips of my collar are always tucked into the sweater.

I love this look though. It's close to what I've been trying to put together.

I agree and I do not.

On the subject of wants, this has plagued my mind recently:

L6Aiz.png

But the only place stocking the rust brown is TheCorner and they don't seem to have the shearling collar attachment :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom