• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got this jacket

hilfigerdenimnewarkjaepuh5.png

I like how wrinkly it feels.

Zekes!

Alright guys, remember that leather jacket I imported from Australia? Well it came in today and it fits great (thanks for your prayers). I'm glad I sized down, it fits exactly how I wanted it to.

A little late but that looks awesome. Glad the size worked out for you. I'll have to look in to ordering my jacket now...

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Was the tailoring visibly apparent in the end? No, I don't necessarily think so, but I'm not a good judge of these things.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Since the arms and shoulders are already fine on yours, it probably won't cost much to get done, so I'd say it'd be worth the expenditure as long as you take it to someone reputable.

My suit didn't fit very well even after a lot of alterations, but the circumstances were different than in your case.

MegalonJJ

Banned
The one in that picture with the $1000 umbrella?! Why would I hate; I'm drooling with envy.

(Yep) That's cool :)

I'll visit one of their stores this week and see what their in-house tailor says.

(So long as the alterations won't be visible I'd be really happy to do it).

Puddles

Banned

Meh, I'm not walking through deep puddles (heh) or any kind of snow. I just need a boot that can withstand moderate rain and wetness without getting ruined. Preferably something that also looks attractive. I guess I'd be willing to go up to around $120-150 for such a boot.

I saw some Red Wings that looked great, but they're about twice what I'm looking to pay.

Meatfist

I'm going shoe crazy this year and it's kicking my wallet in the dick.

So far I've got:

2x Onitsuka Tigers
Sperrys
Clarks
Black Dress Shoes
Tux Shoes
Vibrams

and I'm still looking at a pair of boots for the rain and maybe some brown dress shoes. Bah.

Ikkarus

What do you guys think of this blazer?

1608303800_1_1_3.jpg

I really dig the whole outfit but just thought I would ask opinions before I take the plunge.

Alucrid

Banned
Meh, I'm not walking through deep puddles (heh) or any kind of snow. I just need a boot that can withstand moderate rain and wetness without getting ruined. Preferably something that also looks attractive. I guess I'd be willing to go up to around $120-150 for such a boot.

I saw some Red Wings that looked great, but they're about twice what I'm looking to pay.

maybe ll bean kahtadins if you can find a coupon code or something.

Puddles

Banned
maybe ll bean kahtadins if you can find a coupon code or something.

Wow, those look amazing. There's a pair on ebay in my size for $125 with only some minor scuffage, nothing more serious than I'd put on them in the first few weeks anyway.

Also, I am totally digging the style that guy is rocking in the last of those inspiration pics, and I have the garments to pull it off. Too bad I don't have a leather chair like that one.

Updated link to the US store. Total outfit costs just under $300. I often shop there because, unlike most retail stores, they offer every single item worn by their models on the same page

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I would look better in bad ass clothes if I was fit. My head is too big for my skinny fat body. Bought a gym membership so I can learn some bro science

Updated link to the US store. Total outfit costs just under $300. I often shop there because, unlike most retail stores, they offer every single item worn by their models on the same page

Wow great site. Not too expensive and great selection.

Quick question though.. It says free shipping on the site. Would that include customs and all that jazz as well?

purg3

slept with Malkin
guys, so a pair of lighter brown plain cap toe oxfords with a pair of dark slim fit jeans. Does this work as far as a semi casual pairing, or is it too much?

Wow great site. Not too expensive and great selection.

Quick question though.. It says free shipping on the site. Would that include customs and all that jazz as well?

We pay your import duties and ship direct to your door for free. We ship direct to your door in just 3-4 business days via FedEx, regardless of how large your order is. Free shipping is available on all orders of $40 or over. Orders under $40 will be charged a flat shipping rate of $5.

http://www.nextdirect.com/us/en/customs

guys, so a pair of lighter brown plain cap toe oxfords with a pair of dark slim fit jeans. Does this work as far as a semi casual pairing, or is it too much?

I would say so!

What do you guys think of this blazer?

1608303800_1_1_3.jpg

I really dig the whole outfit but just thought I would ask opinions before I take the plunge.

I think it looks great, though, I'm not sure if the buttons are made of metal, in that case, I'd change them immediately.

Overall the whole outfit looks very stylish; just unbutton the first two shirt buttons, and be sure to discard those ugly shoes (I'd replace them for an Alden Indy Boots or something similar).

Cheers.

zethren

Banned
We pay your import duties and ship direct to your door for free. We ship direct to your door in just 3-4 business days via FedEx, regardless of how large your order is. Free shipping is available on all orders of $40 or over. Orders under $40 will be charged a flat shipping rate of $5.

http://www.nextdirect.com/us/en/customs

Awesome. Thanks for the great links man. I'll definitely be ordering some stuff next month.

Salazar

that blue blue jacket looks incredible.

With an air of danger :lol

Avoid wearing with shit you don't want to be blue.

I'm probably going to hang on for a while - see what kind of teaching load I will get next year. There will always be sweet jackets around that range, so I ain't fazed if some of these drop off the radar.

Fou-Lu

I wish I had the money to spend on clothes some of you guys do, even that Next Direct site is a little too costly for me, still considering placing an order on a jacket and some boots for winter from there though...

coldvein

Banned
I wish I had the money to spend on clothes some of you guys do, even that Next Direct site is a little too costly for me, still considering placing an order on a jacket and some boots for winter from there though...

true swag is on the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom