• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyaw

http://unitedstockdrygoods.com/about/

look pretty new in the US. I hadn't heard anything about them before buying them. Theres a 5 page thread on styleforums, a quick review on rawrdenim and that's about it. Found em at a store called Mildeband on Milwauke Ave in Chicago.

Ill take some more pics on the construction and details when i get home if you guys are interested.

Looks like there's no way to buy it from the UK without it being insanely expensive.

Check out the fit on this coat. This could help a lot of people out.

tumblr_mbp8oma4P51ref0r0o1_500.jpg

bob page

That actually looks a bit short, a peacoat should typically be long enough to cover your ass. Otherwise it looks good. You want room for a sweater underneath and that's about it.

Ehh, not really- there are usually two variations: one that's shorter, as pictured, or longer, like a trenchcoat.

zethren

Banned
My pea coat fits about like the one pictured, but is just a bit longer. It extends maybe an inch and a half further down. Seems fine to me.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Could be a cross post to the denim thread, but that is pretty much dead nowadays.

Picked up these yesterday. Brand called "united" which i hadnt seen before. 12.5 oz selvedge. Same price as N+F, but i think this cut flatters me more. Slimguys are way too wide below the knee, weirdguys are too tight and didnt fit my waist in either size + or -.

Denim is fairly stiff and textured, but has some nice construction. Chain stitching all over, feels better built than the last pair of N+F i had in the same price bracket.

I play hockey so have fairly sizable ass and thighs, and always have trouble finding stuff that fits my ass, and thighs, but isnt huge below the knee and comes back to fit my waist.

PeTd0.jpg

pc5fW.jpg

nice jeans i might have to look up that brand.

Shiv47

Ehh, not really- there are usually two variations: one that's shorter, as pictured, or longer, like a trenchcoat.

From what I've read, the longer one is a bridgecoat, which is long like a trenchcoat, as you said, and used by officers. The traditional peacoat as made famous by the Navy usually goes to the end of one's rear in the back. Obviously it's been copied a million times and various lengths are available, though.

EVOL 100%

I prefer the variant that's just long enough to cover your ass personally.

Anyway what I'm trying to say is that pea coats are awesome

GBONZZZZ

Anybody know where to find Nudie Jeans online aside from their website and ssense? Also a website that ships to Canada would be appreciated.

Edit: I also tried looking on the website given on the first page

Thanks.

Try Blue Owl Workshop. They ship anywhere, and the service is awesome.

Just thought I'd update you guys with this. Blueowl.us didn't have my fit style so I tried nudiejeans.com.
I ordered some High Kai's on Monday and they should be here by Friday. I'm super impressed with the shipment time considering they're shipping them to Canada. Either way, ordering off their website is highly recommended.

I have this shirt where whenever I wear the jacket piece of my suit on top, the shirt is visibly creased. Solution must be to get a slim shirt therefore I presume?

Just thought I'd update you guys with this. Blueowl.us didn't have my fit style so I tried nudiejeans.com.
I ordered some High Kai's on Monday and they should be here by Friday. I'm super impressed with the shipment time considering they're shipping them to Canada. Either way, ordering off their website is highly recommended.
Never worn Nudie but I know some guys that swear by them. Let us know how they feel when you get them.

I have this shirt where whenever I wear the jacket piece of my suit on top, the shirt is visibly creased. Solution must be to get a slim shirt therefore I presume?
Kind of confused with what you're asking. Pictures would definitely help. You sure this isn't just something that can be ironed out?

Will post pics in the morning.

I am looking for a coat or jacket that is slim fitting. But google search just brings back results from those Chinese online stores you've all warned me about

I'm really baffled by how hard it is to find a good-looking shoe. They're few and far between, but here's one that looks pretty good (Shipley-Halmos Lucien):

shipley-halmos-deep-brown-lucien-oxford-product-2-4432162-128395462_medium_flex.jpeg

bob page

I'm really baffled by how hard it is to find a good-looking shoe. They're few and far between, but here's one that looks pretty good (Shipley-Halmos Lucien):

shipley-halmos-deep-brown-lucien-oxford-product-2-4432162-128395462_medium_flex.jpeg
It's not hard when you know what brands to look for. Grenson, Allen Edmonds, Ferragamo, etc all have great looking shoes.

Zilch

Banned

Yes, Shipley&Halmos and Rachel Comey make the simple, clean looking derbies I desire. Hard not to look like a #menswear dork when you're rocking AE or Ferragamo. ;)

coldvein

Banned
scubadivin shoes yo. i need some.

speaking of shoes i currently own like five wearable pairs of shoes. this is by far a new record for me, and four of these are pairs that i found through this thread. thanks a lot guys.

shoes are definitely a weakness for me. I used to just wear a pair of Jack Purcells, now I have three sneakers, four "nice" shoes, boat shoes, Rainbows (California), and two pairs of boots.

shoes are definitely a weakness for me. I used to just wear a pair of Jack Purcells, now I have three sneakers, four "nice" shoes, boat shoes, Rainbows (California), and two pairs of boots.

heh sounds like youre just getting started. shoes are freaking awesome

five air jordans leftover from '07 (had more but sold em), six TOMS (two slip-ons, three lace up, one chukka), seven desert boots, three bucks/oxfords, four pairs of boots, sanuks (California as well), two casual sneakers (keds, creative rec), three running/workout shoes, three basketball shoes, but only two pairs of nice dress shoes :(

toms really only get worn in spring/summer with shorts. getting the most mileage out of the desert boots and bucks overall, been wearing mostly boots these days. i do need to step up my dress(y) shoe game, but there haven't been too many occasions to actually use them, and i dont want to sit on a pair for a while.

heh sounds like youre just getting started. shoes are freaking awesome

five air jordans leftover from '07 (had more but sold em), six TOMS (two slip-ons, three lace up, one chukka), seven desert boots, three bucks/oxfords, four pairs of boots, sanuks (California as well), two casual sneakers (keds, creative rec), three running/workout shoes, three basketball shoes, but only two pairs of nice dress shoes :(

toms really only get worn in spring/summer with shorts. getting the most mileage out of the desert boots and bucks overall, been wearing mostly boots these days. i do need to step up my dress(y) shoe game, but there haven't been too many occasions to actually use them, and i dont want to sit on a pair for a while.
haha yeah, I'm a poor college student but I do what I can. I had a pair of Toms but I don't wear them anymore. I would like some new espadrilles though, maybe from a company other than Toms. Oh and I have a pair of running shoes and a pair of skate shoes from when I thought I was going to get back into skateboarding

haha yeah, I'm a poor college student but I do what I can. I had a pair of Toms but I don't wear them anymore. I would like some new espadrilles though, maybe from a company other than Toms. Oh and I have a pair of running shoes and a pair of skate shoes from when I thought I was going to get back into skateboarding

ha don't worry about it, you're well on your way. in college i was a huge sneakerhead and only wore jordans and sb dunks, so i would say you're ahead of the game style-wise. i only started seriously upgrading my shoe game last year.

ha don't worry about it, you're well on your way. in college i was a huge sneakerhead and only wore jordans and sb dunks, so i would say you're ahead of the game style-wise. i only started seriously upgrading my shoe game last year.
I don't think I could really pull off the sneakerhead thing, being a short white kid from the suburbs, but this thread really makes me want to get some baller hi-tops

Grzi

I'd like to make a pair of jeans a bit tighter, but only the part below the knee. They're slim fit, but I guess my calves are too skinny because they still don't fit like I'd want them to (they do look good, but I think they could be even better).
Can a tailor even do that, make just that part a bit tighter and leave the upper part as it is?

fat pat

I'd like to make a pair of jeans a bit tighter, but only the part below the knee. They're slim fit, but I guess my calves are too skinny because they still don't fit like I'd want them to (they do look good, but I think they could be even better).
Can a tailor even do that, make just that part a bit tighter and leave the upper part as it is?

Absolutely. I've had it done to two pairs of jeans. They'll cut the seam and taper em down and resew it. Any tailor will be able to do this for you. Just compare it to a pair you like and take the measurements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom