• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any suggestions for a good coat? Was looking into that sort of Pea Coat style, but I'm fine with it straying. I'd like something a little more unique anyways.

Especially interested in some of the Korean Pea Coat styles that are out there.

i just got a stephan schneider coat and am pretty happy with it but not sure i'd call it "unique". i think uniqlo have a sale online on some coats currently, could try there. if money is not an issue have a look on mr porter

Squash

Same price as N+F, but i think this cut flatters me more. Slimguys are way too wide below the knee, weirdguys are too tight and didnt fit my waist in either size + or -.

These are my same exact feelings on my N&F's. Gonna have to check these out.

Kraftwerk

Looking for a classy wallet. Has to hold at least 6 cards. I don't carry around cash really. O prefer something in a light brown color i.e chestnut etc..

I want something similar to this:

Ghurkha Classic 101
6dA0q.jpg

xBKMd.jpg

That one is $200 before shipping/taxes tho...Looking for something around $100, that looks similar.

If I can't find nothing out there, I might just continue using my crappy old wallet for another month and just get the Ghurka.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Alright, got my hair cut. As suggested I told the stylist to do something like Gosling has. Note I look nowhere near that good, nor is my stylist Hollywood. It turned out decent. I don't have product in other than a bit of paste, and it looks nothing like gosling, but I think it's better than my hair 12 hours ago.

Before (this morning):

Now:

Better?

Side question, do tailors do peacoats? I think mine would be perfect with just a bit of tailoring.

Jubs

Looking for a classy wallet. Has to hold at least 6 cards. I don't carry around cash really. O prefer something in a light brown color i.e chestnut etc..

I want something similar to this:

Ghurkha Classic 101

That one is $200 before shipping/taxes tho...Looking for something around $100, that looks similar.

If I can't find nothing out there, I might just continue using my crappy old wallet for another month and just get the Ghurka.

If you don't carry alot of cash around, try a card case.

http://www.kentonsorenson.com/collections/store/products/modern-man-front-pocket-wallet

http://www.chestermox.com/collections/frontpage/products/52-ox-blood-chromexcel-dual-side-wallet

These usually have a slot or two on both sides for card placement, and an opening flap in the middle for more cards (or folded cash).

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I forget if I asked before, but does anyone know a decent site that ships to Canada without charging a crazy fee? Express.com charges like 60$ of shipping...

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Dude you look 100x better. And yeah, a tailor can do it, no problem. Try finding a dedicated place if you can.

Why thank you sir.

I am a newbie at tayloring too. What can be done to tighten the coat just a bit? Basically if the buttons can be moved to my right about an inch it will be perfect.

Love the color of all three and the shape of the third, but the laces and center of the boot kill it for me. Don't like the first two designs either.

Alright, got my hair cut. As suggested I told the stylist to do something like Gosling has. Note I look nowhere near that good, nor is my stylist Hollywood. It turned out decent. I don't have product in other than a bit of paste, and it looks nothing like gosling, but I think it's better than my hair 12 hours ago.
The haircut makes you look older, a lot older. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you. Make sure you're putting product in your hair and styling it accordingly, because that's the only way that style of haircut will work.

Visceir

Why thank you sir.

I am a newbie at tayloring too. What can be done to tighten the coat just a bit? Basically if the buttons can be moved to my right about an inch it will be perfect.

Depending how thick the coat fabric is the tailor might need a specific machine to make alterations on it, would be easier to just go step by a tailor and ask. I had mine taken in from the sides quite a bit and I would recommend going that route as well instead of messing with the buttons placement. Could probably improve the fit quite a bit and not just the bottom half.

You could easily be more daring with styling your hair.

EVOL 100%

Better?

Much better.

Looking pretty good, I'm trying to put something like that together too.

Alucrid

Banned
That's the point :)

For the pants at least not sure how the jacket is sagging though. It's not a structured blazer and is entirely cotton so it'll drape like that.

bob page

Getting rid of two items, prices include shipping!

-Uniqlo navy linen blazer: small, worn a couple times before it was too cold out to wear

$30

-J Crew Factory: slim white dress shirt, brand new, small (14.5)

$25

aOFIch.jpg

recommend me a simple bomber/varsity jacket gaf. how long should they be, should they go past my waist, be level or slightly above?
Not sure of any specific options, but I like mine to hit right around the waist. I've heard people recommend slightly below the waist but at that point it's just about personal preference. I think if you plan to wear it open, right at the waistline looks better.

I'm replacing my old Ben Sherman messenger bag. Recommend me something to hold books and shit please.
There was a really nice bag posted on the last page. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but it's the first thing that came to mind.

EDIT: Just kidding, I guess it wasn't the last page. This thread moves faster than I remember nowadays.

Not sure of any specific options, but I like mine to hit right around the waist. I've heard people recommend slightly below the waist but at that point it's just about personal preference. I think if you plan to wear it open, right at the waistline looks better.

thanks, probably will keep it zipped up since there's always a breeze here except in the summer, and by then it's too hot except in the evenings to wear any outerwear

Puddles

Banned
Does anyone ever buy stuff at full price? Example: my pea coat has an MSRP of $249.99. On Black Friday, it was $79.99, and I've checked back a few times and have never seen it below $100.

I'm wondering if anyone in human history has ever actually purchased that same coat for the MSRP. It went on sale pretty much right as the weather was getting cold enough where you'd want a coat, and no one buys a pea coat in the summer. It makes me think that sometimes the MSRP is just a fake price that exists to make you think you're getting an awesome deal.

Edit: Alucrid, do you carry a Nintendo DS in the left or the right cargo pocket?

Does anyone ever buy stuff at full price? Example: my pea coat has an MSRP of $249.99. On Black Friday, it was $79.99, and I've checked back a few times and have never seen it below $100.

I'm wondering if anyone in human history has ever actually purchased that same coat for the MSRP. It went on sale pretty much right as the weather was getting cold enough where you'd want a coat, and no one buys a pea coat in the summer. It makes me think that sometimes the MSRP is just a fake price that exists to make you think you're getting an awesome deal.

Wow, back already? I buy a lot of stuff at full price because I'm a sucker.

Alucrid

Banned

Edit: Alucrid, do you carry a Nintendo DS in the left or the right cargo pocket?

Uh.

3DSXL left, Vita right, DSi back left, PSP back right, two game boy micros in the two front velcro pockets.

Looking good. I like the first jacket

Thanks bro.

Re: Full Price. It depends. If it's something that I know will never go on sale (either because it doesn't happen or it'll sell out before then), then yes. Otherwise I'll wait and see.

http://www.abload.de/img/2rzbgbpwtp8s.jpg[IMG]
[url]http://www.closed.com/Men/Coats/Canvas-Fur-Coat.html[/url]

I'm really happy with this winter coat I just bought. Just had to share, what do you guys think?

It was 60% off at the store I bought it plus 15% employee discount since my cousin works there. I probably wouldn't have bought it at the original price since its so expensive although it is a really nice coat.[/QUOTE]

looks warm as fuck, i like it!

Lunchbox

Banned
i saw guy at h&m wearing tight assbusting jeans rolled up with a hoody-leather jacket combo, cave man style beard but extremely pampered moosed hair and boots with big ass heels and thick rimmed glasses

it reminded me of you guys

i saw guy at h&m wearing tight assbusting jeans rolled up with a hoody-leather jacket combo, cave man style beard but extremely pampered moosed hair and boots with big ass heels and thick rimmed glasses

it reminded me of you guys
Can you post your Armani exchange underwear again?

What I'm saying is you can troll better than this.

You mean the puffiness? It has a removable padded liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom