• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

Shit, I use some Clean & Clear facial wash in the mornings and nights as well as moisturize; that's the extent of my skin care.

Skincare schmincare. I still think the whole skincare thing is a scam. I usually just wash my face with water. If I got extra sweaty or was deep frying something, I'll use some drugstore face-soap. If I put on makeup (rarely) I'll use toner after washing my face with soap to get rid of that stuff.

But most days, my skincare is:

Morning: wash face with water, put on moisturizer (with or without spf depending on if I'm going out a lot that day or not)

Night: wash face with water. If my skin feels tight afterward, put on some night cream/moisturizer.

Plain water will get rid of most daily dirt/oil buildup on your face fine as long as you're exfoliating. I have this face brush from muji that works GREAT for that. Just splash some water on your face and scrub away.

I do notice that men seem to have thicker or tougher skin than most women. I think it's because they're not wearing enough sun screen and it's sun/weather damage. The solution is probably just to put on a moisturizer with spf in the morning. No need to get fancy.

Shiv47

My ToJ fishtail just arrived - glad my kids dragged me out of bed early enough to be awake for the mail guy. As nice as I expected, pleasingly heavy. Can throw some pics up in a bit when I'm dressed.

Alucrid

Banned
My ToJ fishtail just arrived - glad my kids dragged me out of bed early enough to be awake for the mail guy. As nice as I expected, pleasingly heavy. Can throw some pics up in a bit when I'm dressed.

I missed mine because I'm at work. :(

Maybe I can pick it up after I get out and before I head to the family.

tumblr_ljmc0iteht1qbxpujo1_500.jpg

So did Manshion-GAF rock any killer holiday outfits today? Or do any of you plan to tomorrow?

I have a cool navy blue/white pindot sweater but that's about as close as I'll get to anything holiday oriented.

Looks like you're about to rip that shirt with your muscles! What size shirt is that?

No holiday outfits for me.

Medium at H&M.
I usually wear 15 neck 34/35 sleeves in dress shirts. I think H&M officially lists this as M - 15/15.5
For reference, I'm 6'2" 194 lbs. and in ok shape. Not ripped, not fat. But working on it! :D

It fits well. I just wish it had a bit more taper at the sides... but that's an issue with most OTR shirts. I need to order a dress shirt from Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, etc. in slim fit variants to see which ones fit me as close to ideal as possible. Tired of messing with Express "Fitted/Slim Fit/Extra Slim Fit" stuff. Too inexact for my tastes.

Medium at H&M.
I usually wear 15 neck 34/35 sleeves in dress shirts. I think H&M officially lists this as M - 15/15.5
For reference, I'm 6'2" 194 lbs. and in ok shape. Not ripped, not fat. But working on it! :D

It fits well. I just wish it had a bit more taper at the sides... but that's an issue with most OTR shirts. I need to order a dress shirt from Banana Republic, Brooks Brothers, etc. in slim fit variants to see which ones fit me as close to ideal as possible. Tired of messing with Express "Fitted/Slim Fit/Extra Slim Fit" stuff. Too inexact for my tastes.

Yeah, once I'm done transforming my body I'm gonna take all my dress shirts and get them tailored. But there's a lot of bulking left before that can be done.

Looks good to be, Jayy. Like MiDNiGHTS, I'm on the bulk train and hoping to get to the point where I'll have to get my tailor to take out my shirts rather than take them in. Long ways to go though.

Merry Christmas to you as well, man!

shiiiiiiiiit it's cold!!! I need to buy boots, fucking tomorrow! I don't think I can order them online, they wont arrive in time. Any stores that sell great (or even just good) boots for less than 80?

Nothing extreme though, it's cold but there isn't any snow.

bud

Skincare schmincare. I still think the whole skincare thing is a scam. I usually just wash my face with water. If I got extra sweaty or was deep frying something, I'll use some drugstore face-soap. If I put on makeup (rarely) I'll use toner after washing my face with soap to get rid of that stuff.

But most days, my skincare is:

Morning: wash face with water, put on moisturizer (with or without spf depending on if I'm going out a lot that day or not)

Night: wash face with water. If my skin feels tight afterward, put on some night cream/moisturizer.

Plain water will get rid of most daily dirt/oil buildup on your face fine as long as you're exfoliating. I have this face brush from muji that works GREAT for that. Just splash some water on your face and scrub away.

I do notice that men seem to have thicker or tougher skin than most women. I think it's because they're not wearing enough sun screen and it's sun/weather damage. The solution is probably just to put on a moisturizer with spf in the morning. No need to get fancy.

i have never used a brush on my face. can you do it when you have sensitive skin?

and out of curiosity: aren't there products specifically for exfoliating your skin? why don't you use those, too, instead of just the brush?

Just up a new Brown/grey suit the other day after getting it tailored. Should I wear dark brown or black shoes with it? It is predominately brown, but is very dark and has shades of grey in it as well.

i have never used a brush on my face. can you do it when you have sensitive skin?

and out of curiosity: aren't there products specifically for exfoliating your skin? why don't you use those, too, instead of just the brush?

The bristles on the brush are fairly soft and bendable. It's less harsh than say, scrubbing your face with a wet washcloth.

There are products specifically for exfoliating skin, but they also contain all sorts of chemicals that can dry out my skin or make it feel weird, so I don't like using those regularly. Usually just warm water and a quick scrub with this brush gets rid of dirt build up from the day.

So I bought the duffle coat from uniqlo, and it's pretty sweet except i'm fat and my head is to big for the hood. Question for Alucrid what makes TOJ Duffle worth the money? Is it the tailoring and fabric that makes it worthwhile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom