• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thermals and intimates are all grey if that counts. Jacket is kris van assche from 4 years ago.

Don't get what's so scary about the dungeon, I use it mainly to clean toddler clothes.

Wow, wasn't expecting such a comprehensive reply! Thanks a lot. Unfortunately there isn't any detail on the particular kind of leather used (other than '100%'). Good information on the welt/heel, hadn't considered those in my browsing and will definitely take them into consideration in the future.

I think I might shift my focus towards finding a pair of boots. Do you think I'd be able to find something decent for around $100?

I'd really recommend buying those Allen Edmonds boots mentioned earlier on the previous page. You're going to be hard-pressed to find that kind of quality and style for $167.

Alternatively, you could do what this guy did . Someone posted this in this thread a while back and I think they look fantastic and because he used Sno-Seal they will do you well through all but the 6" + plus snow. Clarks Desert Boots are classic, just make sure you get leather for winter. A suede pair will do you great in spring/summer.

One last reminder when you buy some leather shoes/boots: always use cedar shoe trees! They help your footwear keep its natural shape, but more importantly they remove the sweat so your shoes/boots will stink less and and have less wear on the inside.

crepe soles + ice = broken everything

Yeah, well any kind of sole other than rubber commandos will generally lead to broken everything if you hit ice.

Anyways, is anyone interested in this bag? I got it from a link in this thread for cheap ($100 if I remember, correctly.) It's still a beauty and in great shape outside of some normal wear and tear. However, I got a saddleback bag for Christmas so I figured I'd offer it on here before trying to make a couple bucks on Craiglist or Ebay.

I'm not looking to make any money on it, I just want it to go to a good home. If you're interested, let me know and I'll send it to you and you can paypal me whatever the shipping cost was afterwards (maybe $20?).

Welllllll. I've made a terrible mistake. I'm at home for xmas and put the new wool jacket in the wash to shrink it up a little (it was kinda large) and threw in some other clothes with it. I then accidentally moved it all to the dryer without thinking. Now I'm in mourning as the jacket has gone from adult large to youth large.

However, this got me thinking. I could use a little heavier, nicer jacket then my columbia rain coat. Something that's still a step down from a sports coat. Something I could wear with dress shirts, nice sweaters, etc. that wouldn't look ridiculous. Once again, I live in the Pacific northwest so something that can survive relatively consistent rain would be awesome. Does Fashion Gaf have any advice on materials or coat styles that can fulfill this role both fashionably and functionally? Is repeating a heavy wool coat my best choice?

Thanks in advance.

Huzah

Welllllll. I've made a terrible mistake. I'm at home for xmas and put the new wool jacket in the wash to shrink it up a little (it was kinda large) and threw in some other clothes with it. I then accidentally moved it all to the dryer without thinking. Now I'm in mourning as the jacket has gone from adult large to youth large.

However, this got me thinking. I could use a little heavier, nicer jacket then my columbia rain coat. Something that's still a step down from a sports coat. Something I could wear with dress shirts, nice sweaters, etc. that wouldn't look ridiculous. Once again, I live in the Pacific northwest so something that can survive relatively consistent rain would be awesome. Does Fashion Gaf have any advice on materials or coat styles that can fulfill this role both fashionably and functionally? Is repeating a heavy wool coat my best choice?

Thanks in advance.

http://us.suitsupply.com/mens-coats/Coats,en_US,sc.html

I'm partial to a double breasted overcoat, though a peacoat also works.

16827_10101208954492460_496131101_n.jpg

my god

gonna get this is sand suede

No channel quilting??

A question about pants, guys:

I have a striped suit. The pants fit me pretty well, but the suit jacket is quite loose and looks pretty boxy. At this point in time, I don't really wanna go and get it tailored since I don't have any events on the horizon that require me to suit up and I'm in the middle of my weight loss regimen (20 pounds off, wooooo) and I'd rather wait and just buy new suits if I can keep the weight off.

So, just making sure: wearing just the striped pants without the jacket isn't a big deal, right? What kind of jacket should I pair it with (I have a few jackets and coats in my closet). I've got a casual thing I've gotta go to next week, I was thinking about wearing these, shirt and tie, with either my heavier wool jacket or a lighter field jacket. Both are solid black. My shirt will be grey. I've got a pick of ties. Pants are grey with lighter stripes.

Would appreciate the advice!

Note: I might also just wear medium-dark jeans that day, depends on my mood.

hmm, have you considered a cardigan with something like this? Will be less funky than pairing with a blazer, though I think dark jacket should be ok. hard to say.

I don't really like cardigans to be honest. It'll be chilly outside, hence the jacket. I won't be wearing a blazer or sportcoat, just either my winter jacket or my regular jacket.

After unsuccessfully searching for the Tony Stark jacket from Avengers...

I'm just going to ask if anyone has recommendations for a similar unlined blazer that's made of Nylon or some other synthetic fiber

EDIT: Unstructured blazer might be a better term for it

After unsuccessfully searching for the Tony Stark jacket from Avengers...

I'm just going to ask if anyone has recommendations for a similar unlined blazer that's made of Nylon or some other synthetic fiber

EDIT: Unstructured blazer might be a better term for it
Aspesi makes them. $200-300 I think. G-star iirc does one cheaper. Higher up, Burberry, prada, Ralph Lauren, etc.

Mr. F

Banned
I'd really recommend buying those Allen Edmonds boots mentioned earlier on the previous page. You're going to be hard-pressed to find that kind of quality and style for $167.

Alternatively, you could do what this guy did . Someone posted this in this thread a while back and I think they look fantastic and because he used Sno-Seal they will do you well through all but the 6" + plus snow. Clarks Desert Boots are classic, just make sure you get leather for winter. A suede pair will do you great in spring/summer.

One last reminder when you buy some leather shoes/boots: always use cedar shoe trees! They help your footwear keep its natural shape, but more importantly they remove the sweat so your shoes/boots will stink less and and have less wear on the inside.

I really like those Allen Edmonds but they're way out of my budget (especially factoring in $40 shipping to Canada) which is a shame. I was considering these in their place, but I'm continuing to search around elsewhere as well.

My Friend got the black pair of allen edmonds boots, they didn't have anything in my size. =( so i got this

IMG_1302.jpg

first time buying leather sole shoes, i'm already wearing the front of the shoe bottom. Is this normal?

My new favourite wintertime outfit:

4.jpg
Looking sharp, I dig the scarf. Are you from the PNW as well? The scenery looks like it.

My Friend got the black pair of allen edmonds boots, they didn't have anything in my size. =( so i got this

IMG_1302.jpg

first time buying leather sole shoes, i'm already wearing the front of the shoe bottom. Is this normal?
Nice pickup, those are rad. You're going to be scuffing shoes no matter how much you pay for them.

okay, here

LL
Not sure what's better, the coat or the retro TV/N64 combo.

I recently went shopping in several high street chains

Why are all the jeans so damn tight? Ive accepted that baggy jeans are out but I dont want my balls crushed just look somewhat fashionable.

I flat refuse to wear skinnies. Tight clothing have no business being on men IMO.

I recently went shopping in several high street chains

Why are all the jeans so damn tight? Ive accepted that baggy jeans are out but I dont want my balls crushed just look somewhat fashionable.

I flat refuse to wear skinnies. Tight clothing have no business being on men IMO.

How long has it been since you've been clothes shopping? :p

I want some nice dress boots that I can wear with a suit at work with out sliding around on the ground as if I were walking on ice. I'd even consider some nice cowboy boots, provided they would look fine with dress pants on.

How long has it been since you've been clothes shopping? :p

honestly? outside for a few outfits when ive gone out etc, its been good few years since ive done a proper shop. I usually buy jeans for example when a pair wears out.

This is my usual fit http://assets.karmaloop.com/vendor/ORI/zoom/1204035-INDZOOM5.JPG

But I can't seem to get anything like that expect in cheap market stalls, even evisu only seem to sell tight jeans nowadays.

I might just do my shoppping online

Here's a crappy change room photo of my leatherette jeggings (they just look like skinny jeans) and new Wings + Horns parka:

WHAT. THE. FUCK?

no disrespect to you personally, but you couldn't get me to wear something like that if you put a gun to my head. more than happy to live in a unfashionble bubble that wear something so ridiculous.

honestly? outside for a few outfits when ive gone out etc, its been good few years since ive done a proper shop. I usually buy jeans for example when a pair wears out.

This is my usual fit http://assets.karmaloop.com/vendor/ORI/zoom/1204035-INDZOOM5.JPG

But I can't seem to get anything like that expect in cheap market stalls, even evisu only seem to sell tight jeans nowadays.

I might just do my shoppping online

Surely you can do better than that baggy. I mean just get straight leg pants.

Tabris

I need a couple recommendations. I will be traveling a lot and I'm looking for a message bag that's light, thin but wide (to hold a 15" macbook pro retina + other misc things), and has the flap over look. Oh, and of course manshionable.

I was looking over some kenneth cole bags today but couldn't find any that worked exactly. What would you guys recommend? Price is not an object (up to $500ish)

http://www.drjays.com/shop?cmd=imag...ght-fit-welder-speedbump-jeans&catname=Levi's

like these?

Id call them skinny personally, but I guess I could live with that.

So can these be rocked with a waistcoat/shirt/tie combo? And whats a a cool pair of shoes to wear with them?
You might like the Naked & Famous Weird Guy cuts. They're slimmer in the legs and thighs but a bit wider in the waist than most slim fit jeans. They stretch out a lot over time too. You could probably find a pair of their Indigos for around $110.

It's too bad 90% of fashion gaf is in seattle. I was expecting more LA people.
Hey man if you can't beat em, join em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom